Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denver Broncos fan)
    Psh. We need to decide if Tebow is it next year or not.

Simply put, if we're in a position to draft Luck next year there is zero chance John Elway will say no. Luck is a once in a decade prospect. The onus is on Tim Tebow to come in and prove he's a franchise guy this season. He gets one shot. Mess up and we take Luck.

It would be silly to start Orton as be obviously isn't the long term answer, and we don't know what we have in Tebow.
    I agree that Orton may not be the long term answer but by not starting him you then completely nullify the trade you made just two years ago, in which you lost your pro bowl QB and pro bowl WR..i dunno, denver is a bit of a mess really

ReputationRep:
    False. Cutler and Marshall were two separate trades.

In fact they were a season apart.

Cutler and a 2009 fifth round pick for Orton, a 2009 first round pick(Rob Ayers), 2009 third round pick(Quinn) and a 2010 first round pick(Demaryius Thomas)

Marshall for a 2010 second round pick(Zane Beadles) and a 2011 second round pick(Orlando Franklin).

ReputationRep:
    I know they're separate trades but much of why Marshall wanted out was cause Cutler had gone. Thing is I like Denver and id love to see them just storm the afc west but they always slip up. I liked what Tebow was doing last year though..

ReputationRep:
    just as an update, there is a key court hearing today which could affect the lockout heavily.

keep yourselves updated peeps.

nfl.com is very good. and typing 'nfl lockout' into google news will help too.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where I can find the fixture lists for BUAFL teams (specifically the Staffs Stallions)? I've looked on the team website but couldn't find anything. I know the obvious Aces, Braves & Lions games but that's it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Anyone know where I can find the fixture lists for BUAFL teams (specifically the Staffs Stallions)? I've looked on the team website but couldn't find anything. I know the obvious Aces, Braves & Lions games but that's it.
    http://www.buafl.net/downloads.aspx

ReputationRep:
    cheers man

ReputationRep:
    cheers man
    No worries, I wouldn't have known where is was either but I get all of Andy Fuller's emails via the club email account. :p:
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michealbaca)
    Well I am an american and no matter what you hear baseball is not americas sport/pastime it is Football. I am a huge Denver Broncos fan and I will be playing american football for the University of Essex for the Academic year 11-12
    Nice. I've met a few of the guys on the team and am friends with one - they are nice guys
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    How does BUAFL work?

Does each team play each other once and then the top team(s) go to a play-off or something?

Also, how much am I likely to have to pay for all the equipment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    How does BUAFL work?

Does each team play each other once and then the top team(s) go to a play-off or something?

I think that a uni just plays team that are in their divsion, of which there are 6 based on whereabouts in the country you are situated. The top two teams go into the play-offs with the winners of the north and south brackets playing each other in the final.
    As for the cost, I think mine is about £200.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I think that a uni just plays team that are in their divsion, of which there are 6 based on whereabouts in the country you are situated. The top two teams go into the play-offs with the winners of the north and south brackets playing each other in the final.
    As for the cost, I think mine is about £200.
    200. Ouch.

Will it cost more for the larger sizes? I may have to go for rugby after all, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to be tall to play? I'm about 5"6.5, 5"7. I was thinking I could play as a running back maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob dylan)
    Do you have to be tall to play? I'm about 5"6.5, 5"7. I was thinking I could play as a running back maybe?
    Hell yeah that's fine.

In the pro's, there are plenty of players (mostly running backs and sometimes cornerbacks) who are 5'8 and below.

So at this level, you will be absolutely fine. The only position's I would say might be off limits are QB and linemen.

If you get your speed up, you could ruin in this league. Small speedy guys f things up for a defence.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    No you don't have to be tall, Garrett Wolfe (Bears) is 5' 7".

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thanks guys..Over the summer I'm gonna try bulk up and work on my speed, & hopefully I'll play for my university

ReputationRep:
    How does BUAFL work?

At Bath the club owns all of the helmets, shoulder pads and some bottom sets. All players need to provide their own boots and gumshields and have the choice to buy their own personalised jersey (£50) or use one of the club jerseys. Non-rookies need to buy their own pants and bottom sets for £40. Then we have to pay a £100 sports fee to the uni (new this year, grrrr), £20 club joining fee, £10 Sports Association fee and £26 BUAFL joining fee. Oh and £5/game match fees.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    At Bath the club owns all of the helmets, shoulder pads and some bottom sets. All players need to provide their own boots and gumshields and have the choice to buy their own personalised jersey (£50) or use one of the club jerseys. Non-rookies need to buy their own pants and bottom sets for £40. Then we have to pay a £100 sports fee to the uni (new this year, grrrr), £20 club joining fee, £10 Sports Association fee and £26 BUAFL joining fee. Oh and £5/game match fees.
    Wow.

I'm poor. It seems unless I find a job to fit in with everything else I'm priced out of AF!

ReputationRep:
    Speed kills in this game. As long as you're quick you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    No you don't have to be tall, Garrett Wolfe (Bears) is 5' 7".
    Also, Danny Woodhead (Patriots) is 5'7".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.