Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junglejungle)
    turns out i'm getting two dads..
    :eyebrow: Call me old fashioned, but :blah:

ReputationRep:
    It's inevitable that there are going to be people with two parents of the same sex, especially when some colleges have a 2:1 or bigger gender split.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yaw-Bruni)
    On another topic, what Clubs and Socs are you interested in? I'm really looking forward to fresher's fair to see those hundreds of weird clubs and I'm planning to play badminton on either college or unversity level - if I can find a club on my not too advanced level
    Does anyone know if university wide clubs in major sports are for top players only? Or do they have training sessions for intermediate players as well?
    I think I'd quite like to learn a martial art- I looked at the societies list and there's a LOT to choose from. I quite like the look of trampolining too and I'd like to get involved in drama but I don't think there'll be time to do everything!

ReputationRep:
    hope im not posting this in the wrong thread :/

i was just wondering if colleges give eu students starting a masters course the possibility to store some of their stuff in the college over the summer, before starting their degrees? I havent heard from the college I applied to yet so i dont want to email them asking about storage plus I would imagine it would vary from college to college, if possible at all. i need to know fairly soon though as im flying back to germany in 2 weeks time and need to get this sorted out.

I've had a look at companies that offer temporary summer storage but as I have absolutely no experience with these things, and know noone who does, im not really too keen on that solution

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    On another topic, what Clubs and Socs are you interested in?
    I'd like to keep playing netball. Although I'm really not very good, so I hope there's a rubbish college team I could join I think Keble has a really good rugby team and a yearly ski trip (good god) which I am kind of scared means everyone is going to be super sporty, which I really am not!
    I'd also like to join a debating society...not so much to regularly debate, but just to go and listen. Anyone know if it's worth joining the Oxford Union?

ReputationRep:
    On another topic, what Clubs and Socs are you interested in? I'm really looking forward to fresher's fair to see those hundreds of weird clubs and I'm planning to play badminton on either college or unversity level - if I can find a club on my not too advanced level
    Does anyone know if university wide clubs in major sports are for top players only? Or do they have training sessions for intermediate players as well?
    Probably the Inklings (if it still exists!), some literary and classical societies, and some random ones like fountain pen-lovers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nag o ma Scylla)
    Despite having a reputation for avoiding sport/exercise at all costs, I have a strong and inexplicable urge to become heavily involved with climbing. :love:
    I have quite the same reputation, unless you count piano-ing, which is very energy-consuming. I thought I might make the bold move and try rowing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nag o ma Scylla)
    True actually, I was sweating after some Beethoven the other day, I felt like a concert pianist
    I try to use that excuse with my mother, but it doesn't usually work ...
    I use that excuse as well! And I played some Beethoven today. (It was the Pathetique - it was an absolute work out. And I could be playing the Tempest sonata in the middle of a blizzard and still end up drenched in sweat.) What were you playing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beirut989)
    hope im not posting this in the wrong thread :/

i was just wondering if colleges give eu students starting a masters course the possibility to store some of their stuff in the college over the summer, before starting their degrees? I havent heard from the college I applied to yet so i dont want to email them asking about storage plus I would imagine it would vary from college to college, if possible at all. i need to know fairly soon though as im flying back to germany in 2 weeks time and need to get this sorted out.

I've had a look at companies that offer temporary summer storage but as I have absolutely no experience with these things, and know noone who does, im not really too keen on that solution

thanks!
    This is your best bet, but you will have to pay for it:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=big+yellow+self+storage+oxford

once you're an official student I'm sure your college will give you a few boxes of storage space if you ask nicely

ReputationRep:
    Most probably joining table tennis club and oxford business network. And probably gonna join some exotic sports like gliding or kempo and some other clubs where I can learn new things like maybe magic club or something. It would be very entertaining when I'm bored.

I think they should have training for intermediate and beginner level as well. Or at least they write that on many clubs' description http://oxforduni.groupspaces.com/gro...ts-recreation/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone interested in the UOTC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micky022)
    I'm not allowed to join haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micky022)
    Yeah, I'm considering that. Not sure whether I'd go for OTC or URNU, though. Otherwise, the Union, maybe some musical/choir stuff; might even try some rowing for a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Yeah, I'm considering that. Not sure whether I'd go for OTC or URNU, though. Otherwise, the Union, maybe some musical/choir stuff; might even try some rowing for a bit.
    Whoa, how do you join those training things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marocchino)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marocchino)
    You apply to join at the Freshers' Fair, then attend an evening talk, and then do a selection weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Badminton! Hoping the college teams aren't too hard to get onto...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you have to have some form of previous experience to join things like martial arts, gymnastics or cheerleading? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone able to help me out here?

I'm applying for the Tuition Fee Loan and when I get to section 4 (a) I am not sure if I should fill in the name of my college and its address or I should put in just Oxford uni and its adress(which i don't know anyway but....)? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeritV)
    Anyone able to help me out here?

I'm applying for the Tuition Fee Loan and when I get to section 4 (a) I am not sure if I should fill in the name of my college and its address or I should put in just Oxford uni and its adress(which i don't know anyway but....)? thanks
    I did the online application, so it got some details automatically from UCAS, and the address on mine is:

OXFORD UNIVERSITY
    University Offices
    Wellington Square
    Oxford
    OX1 2JD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.