University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread Watch

Emilyjk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
same! i think i'm going to go for new one because I think it is cheaper!
leaveitleaveit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've been thinking that too and at least it'll be nice and clean! I'm still not 100% sure though... What course are you doing?
Changing Skies
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Erinn_)
I'm doing psychology iv just applied for accomodation. I chose crown place single bed first then crown place with a double bed and then vine court.
Great that's exactly what I chose

Posted from TSR Mobile
WhiteWash
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Emilyjk)
I have the exact same problem! because everyone says the on campus ones are the quiet halls, but i do like to party! but i am unsure over to whether to go to carnatic/greenback or stay on campus at vine court or the new one! help!
Who exactly is this mysterious "everyone" ?

Hall's are what you make of it; go wherever you want, but take such rumours with a pinch of salt.

I stayed on campus in my first year and would certainly do it again.
MissB26
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm loving vine court and the new one but I heard that vine court is quite loud too.

P.s is anyone else struggling to log into the page and apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
alice-hannah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i think i'm probably going to go for vine court or the new one just cos i wanna be on campus and self-catered

also the halls seem nicer here because they are both newer than the off campus ones.

i think wherever you go they'll be lots of partying and stuff so just go for what you think would suit you
Emilyjk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have applied! went for a double + single at crown place and a single at vine court
MissB26
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Emilyjk)
I have applied! went for a double + single at crown place and a single at vine court
What are you going to study
frankie_eve
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
J
(Original post by Peteblaxill)
Hey, i'm currently a first year sound tech living at agnes jones. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Also, future sound techs - be prepared for your initiation...
Just got round to checking TSR! I probably will settle for Agnes Jones in first year, but I'll probably also take your offer up on asking questions haha!
I'm going to try and book a viewing there when I can, though.
LiamRC
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by frankie_eve)
J

Just got round to checking TSR! I probably will settle for Agnes Jones in first year, but I'll probably also take your offer up on asking questions haha!
I'm going to try and book a viewing there when I can, though.
I had a viewing the other day and it's exactly how they portray it on their website. It's not the nicest accomodation there is but it's nice, with larger flats they have nice kitchens with seats and tables etc. Plenty of fridge/freezers etc. The flats are rather standard with a single bed, desk, wired internet (WIFI is being installed at the moment), basin and mirror and plenty of room for belongings.

It's situated very close to the university and is found in a relatively nice part of the city. It seemed very secure and safe. The best thing is they really go out their way to pair you up with other LIPA students, even of the same course!
frankie_eve
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LiamRC)
I had a viewing the other day and it's exactly how they portray it on their website. It's not the nicest accomodation there is but it's nice, with larger flats they have nice kitchens with seats and tables etc. Plenty of fridge/freezers etc. The flats are rather standard with a single bed, desk, wired internet (WIFI is being installed at the moment), basin and mirror and plenty of room for belongings.

It's situated very close to the university and is found in a relatively nice part of the city. It seemed very secure and safe. The best thing is they really go out their way to pair you up with other LIPA students, even of the same course!
That's been some comfort then, haha! How many showers is there? This is a very important question for someone like me! :P
I'm hoping to be mixed with LIPA students but from different courses, but it sounds like Agnes Jones are really familiar with students from there which is good!
As for the rooms, I guess it won't matter much to me, it'll look awful in about a week!
Joshgunn
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've been offered a place studying theatre performance technology

Posted from TSR Mobile
LiamRC
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's been some comfort then, haha! How many showers is there? This is a very important question for someone like me! :P
I'm hoping to be mixed with LIPA students but from different courses, but it sounds like Agnes Jones are really familiar with students from there which is good!
As for the rooms, I guess it won't matter much to me, it'll look awful in about a week!
There were two bathrooms. One with a bath/shower and one with a shower, they weren't anything nice or special but do the job I guess!

I guess I hope for that too, it would be good to create contacts/friendships with other LIPA students as I'll get to befriend people on my course in class!
username912610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I hope I get Crown Place it looks nice as well. I applied like three days after receiving the Accommodation email for Liverpool. I don't want to be stuck with rubbish accommodations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hollie19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i have finally decide on crown place single crown place double and then greenbank
String Loop
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For some information, I'm currently in Roscoe and Gladstone at Greenbank. The facilities are showing their age and the 'kitchens' are pretty pathetic but socially it is great. The bus to campus is regular but sometimes the Carnatic lot do fill them up. Vine Court i've heard can be hit or miss socially but I think that's more to do with only being able to access the floor you live on. I'm guessing the new accommodation will be like this too.
CaptainPhill
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone know if you can still apply for Grand Central even as a University of Liverpool student?
BeccaW
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've received an offer for adult nursing for University of Liverpool. Trying to decide on accommodation. I'm very sociable and love going out so where would be best, Preferably self catered accommodation? Also realise how busy the nursing course is but as i'm moving to a new city I want to settle in and make friends as soon as possible Any advice to give?
ajwoolliscroft
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's awesome! I'm going to be on Community Drama, but I've heard we all need to know other people from other courses, so it's good to start early haha! :P

Yeah, the second years I was talking to on my audition day said that Agnes Jones was the cheapest and best place to meet other students from LIPA, another student said she stayed at Grand Central where she met people from other universities but made friends with them, plus the rooms are bigger there and they're ensuite and I think that's £110 a week, so only £17 more than Agnes Jones, but I'm sure you understand the huge dilemma I'm having!

Will definitely keep in touch, it'll be nice to know another future LIPA student.

-Frankie
Hey! I'm currently a first year ComDram but I'm deferring a year because of medical problems. So I will now be in your year!
ajwoolliscroft
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CaptainPhill)
Does anyone know if you can still apply for Grand Central even as a University of Liverpool student?
Yes. Im a first year LIPA student and I'm at Grand central. I live next to a flat of Uni of Liverpool student!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (291)
37.55%
No - but I will (55)
7.1%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.23%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.13%

Watched Threads