Tom (125)
43.55%
Llamageddon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Marsha2112)
Exactly - there's absolutely nothing wrong in thinking of a name. It's enforcing it, or choosing it from others, that is the fault. Jim is a pro!
Yes, but jim still should've been in the boardroom. Vincent and Ellie were always heading home, but there was simply no justification in bringing natasha or tom in and you need 3 people.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
Vincent has been fired I liked him, don't get me wrong he was a schmuck and Jim played him well but for the entertainment value

And those clips of him on the after show were :rofl:
Le Masquerador.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by S_123)
YES! I had to rewind and listen to it again because I thought he was talking to Jim. My heart bled for him, it really did :p: He gave it all up for Jim.
I know right! I kind of hated Jim then even though Jim was always one of my favourites, but there really does seem to be substance in what everyone is saying about him being manipulative.

Still love him though!

Oh, and another thing; from now on, whatever Tom says goes - in my mind atleast. He has this spooky thing of pointing out exactly what their downfall will be each time to the PM no less whilst pulling an extremely pained expression. It's scary!
Shame Vincent didn't clock on though
Le Masquerador.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Llamageddon)
I've not seen that. I'm curious as to what makes you think he doesn't like jim?
I think it has something to do with the expression he pulled when Jim requested to be the PM next task :afraid:
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So glad Vincent is gone, he's so annoying
QuirkyDoDo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by un-besito)
It does! His confidence is so attractive - he's definitely not my 'type' looks wise but his personality completely wins me over which is even more confusing, because he really is quite d***ish. Aaaahhh :love:
Hehe, glad you agree! And I can definitely see the appeal, I think that it is the fact that he is d***ish tbh with you!

But for me, it's that Irish man, old Jimbo and that charisma of his,
Ohhhhhhh the things I would let him do to me :coma:
un-besito
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by QuirkyDoDo)
Hehe, glad you agree! And I can definitely see the appeal, I think that it is the fct that he is d****ish tbh with you!

But for my, it's that Irish man, old Jimbo and that charisma of his,
Yeah that is what it is...it seems I'm automatically attracted to guys who are good and know that they're good, whether that's in terms of attractiveness/intelligence/generally being good in every sense of the word ...don't think I can think of a much better example of this than Vincent

Yeahhh I really like Jim too - he definitely stood up to Alan in the boardroom tonight, I think he's probably going to win. I hope him, Melody and Tom make it through to the end Tom is so sweet! He needs to show off a bit more though before he hears the overused "I haven't really seen much from you yet" line and gets fired!
Rozzo89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think Leon and Edna will be in the final. Edna has consistently been on the winning team, although so has Susan. I think, given the chance Tom would be very sucessful, but he is just not strong enough for this process. The right people got fired today.
Crazy Paving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Okinawa)
That's putting it nicely. Maybe it was the editing but his pitch was awfully disjointed. Given that he completely fell to bits in the boardroom a few weeks ago I'd say he doesn't respond well to pressure. Can't see him going much further unless that changes.
Yeah, true. I didn't wanna come across as harsh...Melody nailed it compared to him.
u4m1r
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I dont get why Jim is in the firing line. What exactly did he do wrong? Jim to win for sure.
QuirkyDoDo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by un-besito)
Yeah that is what it is...it seems I'm automatically attracted to guys who are good and know that they're good, whether that's in terms of attractiveness/intelligence/generally being good in every sense of the word ...don't think I can think of a much better example of this than Vincent

Yeahhh I really like Jim too - he definitely stood up to Alan in the boardroom tonight, I think he's probably going to win. I hope him, Melody and Tom make it through to the end Tom is so sweet! He needs to show off a bit more though before he hears the overused "I haven't really seen much from you yet" line and gets fired!
Hahaha, I completely agree! I think that it is very masculine, that sense of self-assurance, ever so slightly cocky but not so arrogant that it then starts to become unattractive. And no, you're quite right haha.

Do you reckon he's going to win? Seems like Alan Sugar really doesn't like him, the way he said "I've got your card marked" was slightlyy menacing. Yeah, I don't know what it is about Melody, but she irritates me =/ which one is Tom again, the one with the glasses? Bless him, he is pretty sweet.
Roobsa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by u4m1r)
I dont get why Jim is in the firing line. What exactly did he do wrong? Jim to win for sure.
He came up with the name that dictated their marketing strategy (not a niche product aimed at a certain target market like Venture did), which was what lost them the task.

As much as I like Jim, he should have been in the final 3 but since Vincent succumbed to his Jedi mind tricks, he escaped the wrath of Sugs.
Marsha2112
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Roobsa)
He came up with the name that dictated their marketing strategy (not a niche product aimed at a certain target market like Venture did), which was what lost them the task.

As much as I like Jim, he should have been in the final 3 but since Vincent succumbed to his Jedi mind tricks, he escaped the wrath of Sugs.
Coming up with a name in a brainstorm isn't a crime! Vincent didn't have to choose it, it's not like Jim was pushing for the name...at the end of the day it was Vincent who went with it and then chose the concept that failed. (He could have gone with TotalDog that was said about 2 seconds earlier) Don't see why any blame should go to Jim.
dirtyoldriver
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think maybe Lord Sugar is treating Jim with caution and suspicion after the Baggs situation last year when he thought he was fantastic and he turned out to be a total knobber (well we knew it all along, just took suralan a while to clock on). Although Jim and Baggs are totally different of course. I don't know, there's something a bit not right about Jim. I mean I think he's awesome in many respects but he does seem to have the potential to be a bit of a ******* if needs be and I think the way he talked back to Karen was a bit woaah, just made me feel a bit uncomfortable like "shut up, you're crossing a line".

I also wanted him to shut up on "it was just a name!" because it was a name, but it was a name that encompassed the entire idea, and no you shouldn't be quiet and not contribute but as soon as Vincent was like "YES JIM" and ran with it anybody speaking up wouldn't have had a chance, as seen with Tom, so the original idea should perhaps have been thought through better. Particularly as Jim was then in the focus group (if I remember correctly).

I guess maybe in terms of business partnership if you had two people who were so assertive and forceful and "I won't take this ****" as Jim and Lord Sugar are it might be a bit of a clash of egos.
fredscarecrow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Really don't understand why Jim seems to have got in Lord Sugar's firing line. Admittedly he didn't handle himself too well when challenged, but no worse than most of them do.
I also don't really understand the issue everyone was having with the name - as a dog owner I know my family don't really care about 'for bigger dogs with long coats' type of food We just want good quality hearty food. I think the idea of an 'every dog' food is a good concept and not nearly as terrible as made out.
Plus, in You're Fired Vincent made the good point that it was simply an overall title, with subheadings (EveryDog: hips and bones, good coat etc etc) so there were specifics within the branding. They just didn't push that enough.
If I was Jim I also would have put forward the fact that the mass market had already been chosen before he came up with the name. Within the 'for every dog' market 'EveryDog' is a good name. It wasn't that he came up with the name and then they went 'yegh let's go for every dog'.

I also think Lord Sugar chose quite badly or biasedly - throughout their campaign Logic performed far better. Their presentation, for example, was far superior. Leon's presentation was nothing short of dreadful. Their title was dreadful, their slogan was dreadful. Their advert wasn't great. Glen's leadership was shocking. The only thing they seemed to do right was pick a niche market.
Yet for Logic, their entire campaign was clear, apart from Tom's criticism of the market choice they were all on board, with good advert, good presentation etc.
It just felt a bit like either Lord Sugar wanted his teeth in Jim, or they felt it'd make good telly to have logic continue to lose tasks.
This episode really annoyed me.
Man-in-the-Moon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Double firing?! It's really hotting up now.
louiseyoung
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by QuirkyDoDo)
Hehe, glad you agree! And I can definitely see the appeal, I think that it is the fact that he is d***ish tbh with you!

But for me, it's that Irish man, old Jimbo and that charisma of his,
I'm glad it's not just me that fancies Jim, i think he has a bond villian look about him, and it's that irish charm
JmJtr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How the hell Vincent's team lost in the first place I will never know.

Anyone else find Ellie in the weirdest kind of way abit of a ****? (Lol, cant beleive I just said that).
buzz123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Didnt like the double firing as it means one episode less :\

Vincent pretty much took the bullet for Jim though lol
soldier-4-life
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ecosse_14)
So glad Vincent is gone, he's so annoying
Do you know Vincents birthpalce is Glasgow, Scotland

I was hoping he would win, he was as loyal as a dog
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads