Singapore Kopitiam Watch

gi.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by melsonchun)
Haha well, i'm still not signals trained.. Besides we hardly do anything on normal days. breakfast, exercise on alternate days, and rest after that for the entire day.

Most prob i'll be the one laying line - which will determine which signal course i enroll in sep.
ahhh i see i see.. good luck with that.. i still got 7 more months then.. ORD LOH!
summersolitude
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, my brother also complained how much fatter he had become when he was serving his NS.. Er, are you taking your A Levels this year or next? Haha, well you're much more fortunate than most of us in that case. Some can only As for me, I'm pretty sure I must scrimp and save my way through university. Well, that can be learning through hardship!!

Just wanna share something. I just came back from NDP rehearsal and I'm totally moved by the spontaneity and exuberance of the primary 5 kids. Their innocence in displaying excitement and joy; the simplicity of their demands and wants, are what that is very lacking in people and they are the very traits that are so valued and precious - still untainted with the materialism and pragmatism so endemic in the society. All the hard work and countless rehearsals have simply paid off!!
Haha so i suppose it isn't exactly national slavery for them right? Lol. I'm doing my a levels this year and i just got results from mids back :eek: Wonder how my predicted grades will turn out haha.

I can totally sense your gratification from your words! But I guess superficiality has somewhat become an inevitable thing, at least there's still that innocence in the younger ones which indemnifies all the traits lacking in the adults
Lionelg
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ooo ndp.. i participated last year..

was interesting... got free kfc and stuff :P
Narev
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This will be a long shot but I'll attempt it:

Anyone going to Warwick to do MORSE / MMORSE this coming October?
melsonchun
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Narev)
This will be a long shot but I'll attempt it:

Anyone going to Warwick to do MORSE / MMORSE this coming October?
Hmmm not me. It's a very good and respectable course, from what I've heard.
melsonchun
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by summersolitude)
Haha so i suppose it isn't exactly national slavery for them right? Lol. I'm doing my a levels this year and i just got results from mids back :eek: Wonder how my predicted grades will turn out haha.

I can totally sense your gratification from your words! But I guess superficiality has somewhat become an inevitable thing, at least there's still that innocence in the younger ones which indemnifies all the traits lacking in the adults
Haha, sort of chalet, except that food and accommodation is provided by the government. Well, have you started preparing your PS and academic reference? Ah, the results you get from internal examinations can have absolutely no bearing on the final grade you'll be receiving for your A Levels, as many would be able to attest to it.

Hmmm, as for the part on superficiality, I shall blog about it. Thanks for the food for thought...!!!:woo: :woo:
Hermann
Report 10 years ago
lols...you find the food at NDP nice? haha...it seems nice in the beginning, but you will totally detest it at the end of the entire event...Imagine eating KFC for like 5 months straight! [i was there under the scouts contingent 2 years ago...]
Hermann
Report 10 years ago
with regard to IB maths at Higher Level, how would your rate the difficulty of it? i've been hearing alot of things about it being much much more difficult than A level maths, and i've been hearing people say its somewhat like a buildup from Additional Mathematics from the O's...

so, anyone who has any idea, im open to it...feel free to PM me if you have any tips because im almost certainly going to take HL maths overseas, and i found the A levels maths to be kind of shocking, i got a just pass in the first exams[well, i didnt study at all, so!]...
summersolitude
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha, sort of chalet, except that food and accommodation is provided by the government. Well, have you started preparing your PS and academic reference? Ah, the results you get from internal examinations can have absolutely no bearing on the final grade you'll be receiving for your A Levels, as many would be able to attest to it.

Hmmm, as for the part on superficiality, I shall blog about it. Thanks for the food for thought...!!!:woo: :woo:
I haven't exactly started on them yet, but I've got my ucas account though. But ultimately my prelims would be used as gauge for the predicted grades I'd be submitting on ucas thats why I'm pretty freaked out
melsonchun
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by summersolitude)
I haven't exactly started on them yet, but I've got my ucas account though. But ultimately my prelims would be used as gauge for the predicted grades I'd be submitting on ucas thats why I'm pretty freaked out
Ah i see, okay. Don't neglect your PS though; effort there can go a long long way from what I gather. All the best for your prelims though! *Reminds me the days of furious mugging*
chronicles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey guys. I've been trawling around here for a while. Just wanted to ask this question:I am very interested in Durham, but I'm not sure how it is viewed in Singapore? I know it's highly respected in UK.
Lionelg
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
just received my visa letter in the mail, but there's an error in the visa letter (somehow i expected it) ahhhhhh.. have to send an email to ask for another one
strychnine
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lionelg)
just received my visa letter in the mail, but there's an error in the visa letter (somehow i expected it) ahhhhhh.. have to send an email to ask for another one
haha, mine had an error too. collective fml!
Lionelg
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ooohh... nah... its not that bad to be considered a fml. Anyway I emailed them and hopefully they will email and send me a new one asap. Otherwise I would have to use my phone
strychnine
Report 10 years ago
HAVE HOPE. it should be okay! they've replied to my email with this: "A new letter has been prepared and will be issued and sent by courier to you."
Lionelg
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
wow lucky, who did you send it to?
strychnine
Report 10 years ago
i emailed ug-admissions, but it looks like the message was passed on to Sue Grounds, so maybe try contacting her directly? i'm sure either way would work though... :top:
Lionelg
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
mmm.. nevermind.. i send to the eng department admissions. if they don't reply by tomorrow will send one to ug-admissions
gi.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by chronicles)
Hey guys. I've been trawling around here for a while. Just wanted to ask this question:I am very interested in Durham, but I'm not sure how it is viewed in Singapore? I know it's highly respected in UK.
i was quite keen on joining durham as well when i got my offer. but their reputation outside of UK got me worried although their reputation inside UK was terrific especially for law, so i chose KCL in the end to play safe.
melsonchun
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gi.)
i was quite keen on joining durham as well when i got my offer. but their reputation outside of UK got me worried although their reputation inside UK was terrific especially for law, so i chose KCL in the end to play safe.
Haha, you must have been influenced by Singaporeans.. Singaporean Mindset HHA
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (162)
51.76%
No (151)
48.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise