This discussion is closed.
homefind
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Swords N Thorns)
I think so...that's what I'm going to go with, anyway.
ah okay, it seems correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jadealycia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
2^3 = 8
The 2 is there because they will pair up
The 3 is there because there are 3 different chromosomes
Hope that makes sense
thank you!!!
homefind
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
EVERYONE IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!

Do we have to know about how ventilation in fish occur?! Or just how they are adapted to gas exchange?!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Paulineuh
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by homefind)
EVERYONE IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!

Do we have to know about how ventilation in fish occur?! Or just how they are adapted to gas exchange?!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think just how they are adapted to gas exchange, the spec says "across the gills of a fish (gill lamellae and filaments including the countercurrent principle)"

I've never learnt anything about ventilation in fish
homefind
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Paulineuh)
I think just how they are adapted to gas exchange, the spec says "across the gills of a fish (gill lamellae and filaments including the countercurrent principle)"

I've never learnt anything about ventilation in fish
I think that too, but we learnt ventilation in class 0.o

Posted from TSR Mobile
Paulineuh
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MyNameIsTaken :()
Both (:
... um, can someone kindly tell me what about ventilation in fish we need to know? XD
Suzanna5678
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone have a model answer on differences between veins capillaries arteries and arterioles? X
JackTheNerd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by maryamnc)
What do people think will be on this paper and what the 6 marker will be? My teacher said meiosis and gas exchange in fish are overdue
Gas exchange in a fish, Hb and O2, tissue fluid, adaptations of arteries and arterioles and how genetic diversity is reduced have already came up. But gas exchange in plant/insect and adaptations of other blood vessels could come up.

I don't think we'll get a 6 marker on the process of meiosis as it isn't on our spec, but maybe how it creates genetic diversity but the process of mitosis could definitely come up.

Another thing I've heard suggested is how xerophytic adaptations reduce water loss.
homefind
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Suzanna5678)
Anyone have a model answer on differences between veins capillaries arteries and arterioles? X
I actually don't think they will ask us on all of them, perhaps just capillaries and veins as they have already asked about arteries and arterioles

Posted from TSR Mobile
Suzanna5678
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I actually don't think they will ask us on all of them, perhaps just capillaries and veins as they have already asked about arteries and arterioles

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do we write a 6 mark response on capillaries and veins??
henpen
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does anyone have the January 2013 paper and markscheme (or, for that matter the Physics and Chemistry ones)?

Much appreciated if you'd post them.
Hi, How are you ?
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
2^3 = 8
The 2 is there because they will pair up
The 3 is there because there are 3 different chromosomes
Hope that makes sense
So are the chromosomes not in homologous pairs yet, and when they pair up, there would be 2 chromosomes in each pair?
And is the 3 there because there are 3 different types of chromosomes, that are not paired up yet?

oh I gave you the + rep
maryamnc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JackTheNerd)
Gas exchange in a fish, Hb and O2, tissue fluid, adaptations of arteries and arterioles and how genetic diversity is reduced have already came up. But gas exchange in plant/insect and adaptations of other blood vessels could come up.

I don't think we'll get a 6 marker on the process of meiosis as it isn't on our spec, but maybe how it creates genetic diversity but the process of mitosis could definitely come up.

Another thing I've heard suggested is how xerophytic adaptations reduce water loss.
Thanks I wouldn't mind one on xerophytic adaptations!
Yeah sorry for the diffusion I just meant that my teacher said we would get questions on those two probably (not necessarily for the 6 marker)
madmadmax321
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My perfect list of questions to come up would be: how tissue fluid is formed and returned (6 marks), how root pressure is created (3 marks), vertical and horizontal gene transmission, gas exchange in insects and lots of DNA questions
homefind
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by madmadmax321)
My perfect list of questions to come up would be: how tissue fluid is formed and returned (6 marks), how root pressure is created (3 marks), vertical and horizontal gene transmission, gas exchange in insects and lots of DNA questions
That would be perfect haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
senz72
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Guys, I need your help. I know nothing and as you know the exam is on Monday. The worse thing is that I dropped bio last year but my parents still want me to get an A. Sadly I don't think I can do this as I need 119 (last year I got 107.)

Any advice on what to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
homefind
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by senz72)
Guys, I need your help. I know nothing and as you know the exam is on Monday. The worse thing is that I dropped bio last year but my parents still want me to get an A. Sadly I don't think I can do this as I need 119 (last year I got 107.)

Any advice on what to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
log out of TSR, open text book, read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PR11NCE
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by doctordee)
Thumbs up if you want me to do a predicted paper including the predicted 5/6 mark questions.
I am going to do one but as it takes a long time I need to know if it will benefit a lot of people.
I predicted the last two 5 mark answer question correctly on my previous thread for the Unit 1 exam.
Please, I am actually begging you to make the predicted paper on this unit. All of us really really want to know a proper set of predictions.
If you do, i'll PayPal you £20
senz72
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
log out of TSR, open text book, read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read.
That's what I'm trying to do, nothing's going into my small brain.
Suzanna5678
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
PLEASE someone write me a 6 mark response on capillaries and veins
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (94)
24.42%
No (291)
75.58%

Watched Threads