Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013 Watch

• View Poll Results: What mark do you think you got out of 70?
    0-20
    3.00%
    21-40
    6.00%
    41-50
    14.50%
    51-60
    39.50%
    61-70
    37.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StalkeR47)
    Same, I think it might come up. It would be 3-4 marks I think. They both travel but stationary wave travel in opposite direction.

Yes. That give you 2-3 marks.
    I reckon out 6 marker might even be something like this, like comparative. The unit 1 was comparing leptons or something so you never know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NabRoh)
    Distance between slits. They won't expect you to use anything else (like distance between orders)
    Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No m8. d is the slit spacing. and big D for w=lambda D/s is the distance between the screen and the slits.
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheepshap)
    how does diffraction grating work?
    OMG. Are you really asking this question right now? Where were you before? quickly.... diffraction grating works by placing a beam (light ray) behind the grating. You get lots of diffracted rays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felix Ivers)
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no probs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BayHarborButcher)
    I reckon out 6 marker might even be something like this, like comparative. The unit 1 was comparing leptons or something so you never know...
    Yeah you are right! It could be.

ReputationRep:
    Thats true. What would be great is a 6 marker stating and explaining newtons laws (1 mark for stating 1 for explaining each). They've shown that they'll put any topic in the 6 markers like in unit 1, so you never know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you are right! It could be.
    Crapppp that'd be so gay. They are actually starting to repeat the 6 markers now because they've done so many which is what they did with unit 1 so I actually think it could be comparative.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have a list of the past 6 markers with answers?

Any tips on how to tackle them as well? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Thats true. What would be great is a 6 marker stating and explaining newtons laws (1 mark for stating 1 for explaining each). They've shown that they'll put any topic in the 6 markers like in unit 1, so you never know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When are you going to sleep m8? I will go at 12 am.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All I'm quite sure about is that it wont be to do with stationary waves. They've done like three 6 markers on them!

ReputationRep:
    Crapppp that'd be so gay. They are actually starting to repeat the 6 markers now because they've done so many which is what they did with unit 1 so I actually think it could be comparative.
    Actually, unit 1 6-marker was very unexpected. This is because they had no choice but to repeat a previous 6 marker. So, they gave a new thought. I am guessing unit 2 6 marker would also be a new thought. So scared.

ReputationRep:
    When are you going to sleep m8? I will go at 12 am.
    When I get tired enough. Been struggling to sleep recently with it being a bit warmer, no point wasting time trying to sleep if it's not gonna happen :P if I could fall asleep straight away I'd go now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone direct me to the attachment that had the 6 marker questions please, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, unit 1 6-marker was very unexpected. This is because they had no choice but to repeat a previous 6 marker. So, they gave a new thought. I am guessing unit 2 6 marker would also be a new thought. So scared.
    Exactly! When I saw that 6 marker I was just like 'wtf' where'd you get the 6 marks from?! I mean it looked easy but...
    I'm confident they'll do the same on this one as Im guessing it's the same guy that makes them? If it is really crap im gonna be so pissed, it has to be our ones that they change it doesnt it?!

ReputationRep:
    When I get tired enough. Been struggling to sleep recently with it being a bit warmer, no point wasting time trying to sleep if it's not gonna happen :P if I could fall asleep straight away I'd go now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh cool. But I suggest you to take at least 3-4 hours sleep before the exam. You will feel fresh and active.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh cool. But I suggest you to take at least 3-4 hours sleep before the exam. You will feel fresh and active.
    Yeah hopefully I'll be asleep by 2 at the latest and up at 8; that's the plan :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give me a summary of Newtons three laws please

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! When I saw that 6 marker I was just like 'wtf' where'd you get the 6 marks from?! I mean it looked easy but...
    I'm confident they'll do the same on this one as Im guessing it's the same guy that makes them? If it is really crap im gonna be so pissed, it has to be our ones that they change it doesnt it?!
    Yes! Same guy HAHA That was funny. Just hoping to get an easy 6 marker like the one with unit 1. Or I am going to be pissed of honestly cause I need an A and a vague 6-marker would get me a B because of that AQA noOb.

ReputationRep:
    The first slit polarises the light and makes it coherent. I think a laser has the same effect so you only use the first slit of you're using a lamp;it's not necessary with a laser light. I'm pretty sure that's how it works...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.