Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Morsey_)
    I feel the same, somehow messed up a GCSE level question (at the beginning with Potassium). Totally misread the question that there were isotopes of potassium and ended up putting Argon (due to 18 electrons).

Mega screw up of a mark from me
    That's exactly what I done

ReputationRep:
    This is how I did my dot and cross: is it correct? Name:  image.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  374.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassanakhtaruk)
    I hope it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingmango)
    Oh btw, would you actually lose a mark for not labelling the dative covalent bond?
    yes,1 mark for drawing structure 1 mark for labelling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJiggly)
    I hope it is.
    Haha is that how u did yours too?

ReputationRep:
    CAN SOMEONE MAKE A UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME NOW THAT PAPERS UPLOADED? gather everyones answers and stuff?
    thank you ,i would make it but i figured i got max 15 wrong which is a good B-C which im okay with,but to be assured x

ReputationRep:
    I did that but I think we lost a mark for not putting the lone pair of electrons on F

ReputationRep:
    That's what i did hassan, not sure if you'd have to put the fluorine electrons on aswell. But yeah i forgot to label the dative covalent bond, soooo annoying

ReputationRep:
    im sorry but thats 0 marks.
    no dative bond labelled and it states all electrons on outer shell,you didnt do it for Florines so its 0 marks,ocr are harsh and ive looked at markschemes sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingmango)
    That's what i did hassan, not sure if you'd have to put the fluorine electrons on aswell. But yeah i forgot to label the dative covalent bond, soooo annoying
    Omg I know right? Omg I think we hv lost both marks I forgot about the lone pairs on F!!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    Why is it not OH- instead of ClO- ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a bit of a late answer. But basically OH- ions are responsible for alkalis. Although bleaches are alkalis, it does not apply the other way around. NaClO for example is a bleach, which was the case in this question. Since it is obviously not the Na 1+ ion, it has to be the ClO- ion (its also one of those things you just have to know).

ReputationRep:
    Could someone tell me if they're making a markscheme, if not I'll do one but I dont want to waste my time if someone else is currently doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I'm hoping that I've only lost the 5 marks that I can think of, there could be 2 more from the last part of the last question but I'm hoping I've got those marks. 55/60 would be pretty decent for 80/90 UMS ?
    I would say that 55 is almost a dead cert to be 80/90 UMS! I think people too quickly said this was the 'easiest paper ever' and have now realised that, although less challenging than others, it did have a few quirks that mucked people up!

My guess: D:35 C:40 B:45 A:50 then 54/5 81/90 and 59 or 60 for full UMS

ReputationRep:
    I did this but with [ ] around it and a + charge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackitsme)
    im sorry but thats 0 marks.
    no dative bond labelled and it states all electrons on outer shell,you didnt do it for Florines so its 0 marks,ocr are harsh and ive looked at markschemes sorry
    Aw damn. I forgot about fluorine! Oh well what did u wrote for the following:

Suggest why PH3 has a lower boiling point than NH3

explain why it is unnecessary to refer to carbon as either diamond or graphite in table 5.1

What is .XH2O representing?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    I would say that 55 is almost a dead cert to be 80/90 UMS! I think people too quickly said this was the 'easiest paper ever' and have now realised that, although less challenging than others, it did have a few quirks that mucked people up!

My guess: D:35 C:40 B:45 A:50 then 54/5 81/90 and 59 or 60 for full UMS
    Yeah, I walked out incredibly confident and then slowly got knocked further down the marks but I feel I've only lost 7-8 marks at most unless my essay questions weren't up to scratch :-/ I could've easily got 5 more marks if I didn't rush through the questions and actually remembered the equation for water and chlorine :-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Yeah, I walked out incredibly confident and then slowly got knocked further down the marks but I feel I've only lost 7-8 marks at most unless my essay questions weren't up to scratch :-/ I could've easily got 5 more marks if I didn't rush through the questions and actually remembered the equation for water and chlorine :-/
    I'm sure you did fine! 52/53 will be high 70's/90 I think!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    I'm sure you did fine! 52/53 will be high 70's/90 I think!
    I hope so as I really need a good score to bump up my UMS for the last 2 unit exams for A2.

ReputationRep:

explain why it is unnecessary to refer to carbon as either diamond or graphite in table 5.1

1.for table i pit hydrogen bonding and vdw(apparently vdw isnt right)??
    2.i sais hydrogen bonding is stronger than vdw so higher melting point??(1mark soo can be complicated) but i may get that wrong for saying vdw?

carbon one i have no clue :L

.Xh20 is water of crystalisation x=16
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper

Wouldn't the first be because hydrogen bonding is stronger than permanent dipoles so less energy is required to break the bonds in PH3 compared to NH3. The second one because they are both forms of carbon which will have the same first ionisation energy and the last be the water of crystallisation part.?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.