Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    All I can see is the 5pm killing time coming ever nearer... -flees-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george1996)
    His surname is Armstrong

I meant 655!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sorry...
    Will his interview be in the UK or overseas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhta112)
    Will his interview be in the UK or overseas?
    In the UK (he's from France though).

ReputationRep:
    Rejection- A100 undergrad

screw this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star10159)

screw this!
    OMG I am so sorry... Probably my rejection is coming soon... Was it just now that you received the update?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhta112)
    OMG I am so sorry... Probably my rejection is coming soon... Was it just now that you received the update?
    yes

ReputationRep:

screw this!
    that sucks! hopefully you will have better response from other unis. do you mind sharing your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by padmamango)
    that sucks! hopefully you will have better response from other unis. do you mind sharing your stats?
    675 UKCAT
    640 tariff

ReputationRep:
    675 UKCAT
    640 tariff
    Oh gosh! your stats are decent... May I ask what the initial of your surname is? Maybe they are rejecting us alphabetically...

ReputationRep:
    yes
    Would you please mind sharing the first letter of your last name? I was wondering if it is alphabetical. I don't see why they are sending out rejections several days in a row. They must know already once they have used the computer algorithm.
    I hope you get some interviews elsewhere! GOOD LUCK!

ReputationRep:
    675 UKCAT
    640 tariff
    Are you international ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Tee Logan x)
      Yupp you're not alone :') yeah it is really odd because i'm pretty sure they've worked their asses off to get those extra tariff points and it's not fair how they've rejected them just like that. Yeah the PS is also one of my strong points. Thank you
      Out of curiosity, would you mind giving the initial of your surname? Maybe they just haven't got to us yet!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anxious Owl)
      Out of curiosity, would you mind giving the initial of your surname? Maybe they just haven't got to us yet!
      I think it's alphabetical order of first name. I was one of the last to receive the conformation email and my first name begins with y

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by chemz202)
      I think it's alphabetical order of first name. I was one of the last to receive the conformation email and my first name begins with y

Posted from TSR Mobile
      No one knows could be ur height. No point guessing I doubt it's letter of first name

ReputationRep:
      675 UKCAT
      640 tariff
      Sorry to hear about the rejection. Do you mind telling me what were your qualifications that got translated to ucas points? And what are your initials of both surname and first name? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Hmmmm.... I guess we can't ever be sure, really.

And my first name begins 'Aa'.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by jollygood)
        Sorry to hear about the rejection. Do you mind telling me what were your qualifications that got translated to ucas points? And what are your initials of both surname and first name? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Surname begins with "A"

Qualifications:

A level prediction: A*A*A*A* = 560 pts
        1 extra AS at A= 60pts
        FSMQ maths=20pts

overall 640pts.

Are you international ?
        yes

(Original post by WoWiggles)
        Would you please mind sharing the first letter of your last name? I was wondering if it is alphabetical. I don't see why they are sending out rejections several days in a row. They must know already once they have used the computer algorithm.
        I hope you get some interviews elsewhere! GOOD LUCK!
        A and thank you. It was depressing to see the rejection at first and then came the stage of regretting ever applying to Barts, but I've come to accept it now.

ReputationRep:
        Are international students ranked against home students as well or just other internationals?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        Are international students ranked against home students as well or just other internationals?

Posted from TSR Mobile
        With regards to informing candidates about interviews they told first due obvious reasons... For interview selection no idea but they have a limited number of international places they can offer to both a100 and a101 so international are i think directly in competition with each other and home students i.e they need to meet the minimum criteria that home students meet i.e those who get an interview PLUS that might not be enough if the international peoples pool is ridiculously high( when it comes to givig offer i.e they r in competition with home students for selection of interview but ur interview status are in comp with both international and home.. Having said that i dont think this is the case as unis dont really consider your fee status till ur interview and even only after the interview so... The criteria might jus be the same although all this is speculation and it will be nice if someone can answer ur query with a lot more certainty

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        Are they still giving out invitations? or only rejections?
        UKCAT 747.5
        predicted A*A*A*A (chemistry, further maths, Chinese, physics)
        achieved A*A (maths, biology)

ugh never thought that I won't get an interview.... :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.