Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yaboy GDOTBush)
    LOL
    Kmt what now yaboy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Ima punch you in the face man. Swear you were a political activist man, used to read your threads on Syria and Palestine and think 'this guy's sick'. Had bare love for you back in the day.
    lol aint like that man, I have a dupe which no-one knows of, safe though

Truth is, you can do all this reading and learn all the tragic atrocities that are going on etc, but you can't do anything to change it. Raise awareness meh, raise money for charity meh, you can't actually do much to change it. We been dealt hands in life and we can do **** all with them really.

ReputationRep:
    No need to brown nose him.
    Oh lol na wasn't meant like that G.

(Original post by White Dress)
    lol aint like that man, I have a dupe which no-one knows of, safe though

Truth is, you can do all this reading and learn all the tragic atrocities that are going on etc, but you can't do anything to change it. Raise awareness meh, raise money for charity meh, you can't actually do much to change it. We been dealt hands in life and we can do **** all with them really.
    Yeah know what you mean, wouldn't feel right doing that though, so i'll raise as much awareness as possible (Islamic relief volunteer) even to change 1 persons life it's worth it, cliched I know but hey it's true. There'll be no change till Obama takes his head outta Israel's ass though tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Yeah know what you mean, wouldn't feel right doing that though, so i'll raise as much awareness as possible (Islamic relief volunteer) even to change 1 persons life it's worth it, cliched I know but hey it's true. There'll be no change till Obama takes his head outta Israel's ass though tbh.
    Spoiler:
    Show

That's fair, and well in man. Islamic Relief is a decent charity but from my encounters with them, they're not awfully clever either. I've been involved with Muslim Hands and Barnados as well. The main issue with charities is that the workforce is poor - top graduates don't go to charities, and because costs are kept low, the workplace is downtrodden and a hindrance.

From my time at some of these offices, work is slow, uninspired and somewhat undisciplined. They need consultants in there to teach them how to manage their workers better, and they need to get fresh young blood in the managerial positions as well. I worked at this guy's place once, he was the general manager of the head office of one of these charities and then decided that they were too slow and **** so he left them and made his own business offering managerial, legal, financial support to charity's all across Britain. He ran it properly, all 7 people in the office were working at 100% and they were getting good **** done. Charities in general aren't like that. Whenever I do a bucket collect, my aim is always one thing; to collect twice as much as anyone else doing the same collect. But just one better worker in a head office or in a managerial position is far more important than 100 extra bucket collectors. Essentially, incompetency and lack of motivation holds charities back massively. Sure, you get some people who do great work, but there are others who treat it as a normal job and not as a place where every extra second of work means another life saved. I was in a call centre once and I noticed no-one bothered asking the donors for giftaid verification because apparently it took too long. So niggaz on the phone are donating you £100 eg, if you ask them a 5 second question you get another £25 free off the government, and basically they just cba to do it. Reeks of ****ing incompetency man, used to make my blood boil.

Charities need to hire better workers and better managers, by offering them higher pay. Spend more to collect more essentially. Until they (largely speaking of Muslim charities in the UK) realise this, they will go nowhere. Barnados wasn't much better but they had their **** together at least.

It'll take a lot more than just Obama as well. The entire world is filled with corruption and incompetent morons in high up positions. If you ever want to make a significant change then you'll be battling against stubborn, bigoted retards. Personally I'd love to work for a charity but only if I got as much pay as I would elsewhere. If not, then someone else who's a supposedly more moral person than me can do it.

ReputationRep:
    The religion forum is that way --->

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miel Purple)
    The religion forum is that way --->
    soz bbz lets go back to tlkn bowt the biebz and 1D yhyh? pluz also bby i gt da new chanel red nail polish !!! yay!! i hope my bae luvs it 2nyt. hw u doin hun? xxoxoxx

ReputationRep:
    SUG you seriously have some sort of personality disorder

ReputationRep:
    soz bbz lets go back to tlkn bowt the biebz and 1D yhyh? pluz also bby i gt da new chanel red nail polish !!! yay!! i hope my bae luvs it 2nyt. hw u doin hun? xxoxoxx
    the fountain is that way -->

Misc encompasses everything dip***
    lol u mad yaboy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    SUG you seriously have some sort of personality disorder
    lol hush man you keep calling me out on here saying im a junkie and ****, laow

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

That's fair, and well in man. Islamic Relief is a decent charity but from my encounters with them, they're not awfully clever either. I've been involved with Muslim Hands and Barnados as well. The main issue with charities is that the workforce is poor - top graduates don't go to charities, and because costs are kept low, the workplace is downtrodden and a hindrance.

From my time at some of these offices, work is slow, uninspired and somewhat undisciplined. They need consultants in there to teach them how to manage their workers better, and they need to get fresh young blood in the managerial positions as well. I worked at this guy's place once, he was the general manager of the head office of one of these charities and then decided that they were too slow and **** so he left them and made his own business offering managerial, legal, financial support to charity's all across Britain. He ran it properly, all 7 people in the office were working at 100% and they were getting good **** done. Charities in general aren't like that. Whenever I do a bucket collect, my aim is always one thing; to collect twice as much as anyone else doing the same collect. But just one better worker in a head office or in a managerial position is far more important than 100 extra bucket collectors. Essentially, incompetency and lack of motivation holds charities back massively. Sure, you get some people who do great work, but there are others who treat it as a normal job and not as a place where every extra second of work means another life saved. I was in a call centre once and I noticed no-one bothered asking the donors for giftaid verification because apparently it took too long. So niggaz on the phone are donating you £100 eg, if you ask them a 5 second question you get another £25 free off the government, and basically they just cba to do it. Reeks of ****ing incompetency man, used to make my blood boil.

Charities need to hire better workers and better managers, by offering them higher pay. Spend more to collect more essentially. Until they (largely speaking of Muslim charities in the UK) realise this, they will go nowhere. Barnados wasn't much better but they had their **** together at least.

It'll take a lot more than just Obama as well. The entire world is filled with corruption and incompetent morons in high up positions. If you ever want to make a significant change then you'll be battling against stubborn, bigoted retards. Personally I'd love to work for a charity but only if I got as much pay as I would elsewhere. If not, then someone else who's a supposedly more moral person than me can do it.
    Yeah know what you mean man. Haven't really encountered much in terms of the admin cos I tend to stick to organising/delivering events etc. side of things but still get the occasional retards. Agree for sure on the Gift Aid stuff- had someone who just completely left it out as an option and when asked why they had no ******* clue what it was.

Agree about the workers. The majority working there is older generations who in general haven't worked, or if they have it's been at a basic level (cleaning/takeaway) jobs and then when thrown into the 'deep end' of running things are too incompetent. They don't understand the system- once had someone convinced we had to pay 40% tax rate (cos of high earnings :lolwut: ).

Problem is us younger generation, who are more acutely aware on how to maximize efficiency don't have time. We're all tied up in jobs and work stress- I can devote time but only a few hours a week which isn't enough to run it successfully. Keep getting retards who set up their own charities and don't know how to get tax exemptions so they end up losing a ton of money.

Islamic Relief is a decently run charity tbh. Only worked with a few others (Helping Hands, come across Unicef a few times) and they seem to be a step down from us. IR seems to be the 'hipster' charity amongst Muslims so get the tryhards to devote everything to it, make little difference then quit after 3 months. It's a cycle man and there's no progress, it's just round and round.

Wrt Obama, US are obviously the influential figures, although agree it's not just them who need to fix up. Too many secular wars amongst Muslims, Saudi's are sly ***** as well, too much money and not a brain cell between them. The world is corrupted by greed (the West in Iraq) and power-hungry tyrants.

ReputationRep:
    lmao dying

ReputationRep:
    hitting the strip club brahs.

peace out.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal fans please refrain from posting **** about the cup on the misc please. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    End of season award guys. Go.

Best Arsenal poster-
    Best Liverpool poster-
    Best Chelsea poster-
    Best United poster-
    Best WUM-
    Best Thread-
    Best poster-
    Worst poster-
    Best Newcomer-
    Worst Newcomer-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)

Best Arsenal poster-
    Best Liverpool poster-
    Best Chelsea poster-
    Best United poster-
    Best WUM-
    Best Thread-
    Best poster-
    Worst poster-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm best poster

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    I'm best poster

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do it properly man :mad:

Had to leave you off because of that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)

Best Arsenal poster- Zurich
    Best Liverpool poster-SUG (sorry Luke)
    Best Chelsea poster- Jam
    Best United poster- Eboracum
    Best WUM- 419
    Best Thread- This thread!
    Best poster- SUG
    Worst poster- Yaboy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Do it properly man :mad:

Had to leave you off because of that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Man on my phone fudat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Man on my phone fudat

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So am I just quite the post and put the names in :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    So am I just quite the post and put the names in :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know but I'm a long guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 5, 2015
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.