Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Answers like this aren't needed, he was only asking a simple question and all that was needed was a helpful response.
    I answered his question. To put whatever he thinks will support his application, the rest was a joke as I thought would be inferred.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DXG)
    Are you meant to put one week work experiences you did after GCSEs in Employment History?
    (I'm currently doing the HSBC application btw)
    Thanks
    Put the most relevant and recent experience you have.

Personally, I wouldn't put down just 1 weeks experience if it's something like working at your local shop, but if it's something a bit different or relevant, then maybe worth putting it.

As most candidates will have very limited, if any, work experience it probably won't matter too much, but if you think it'll make you look a better candidate, then by all means put it down.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    I answered his question. To put whatever he thinks will support his application, the rest was a joke as I thought would be inferred.
    I knew it was a joke

ReputationRep:
    I will be taking an online test tomorrow - are there any suggestions to make sure that no technical errors arise?
    What is everyone doing to make sure that the test goes smoothly - I could not take it during the weekdays as my classes are packed - hence only weekends.

I worry that no one will be in the offices if I need to contact somebody should a technical error arises.

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IB Fanboy)
    I will be taking an online test tomorrow - are there any suggestions to make sure that no technical errors arise?
    What is everyone doing to make sure that the test goes smoothly - I could not take it during the weekdays as my classes are packed - hence only weekends.

I worry that no one will be in the offices if I need to contact somebody should a technical error arises.

Thanks,
    Good internet connection is probably about it. Make sure to be in a quiet environment, as to not get distracted.

ReputationRep:
    if invited to interview are you given a phonecall or emailed? anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    if invited to interview are you given a phonecall or emailed? anyone know?
    Usually emailed, although this might not be the case everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Did the ICAP AC, went quite well imo. I'll just have to wait and see the results. Quite tough.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had any interview invitations yet or offers of a place?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to critique my CV?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Anyone want to critique my CV?
    yeah sure send it over

ReputationRep:
    Send the cv man! I ve just completed HSBC test, cross fingers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

About the RBS application, do you upload your cover letter at the end of the process or you write it in the box of the competency question ? IMO the competency question is quite close to a classic cover letter...

The reason you applied - We would like to know why you think this programme is the right programme for you. Please tell us what excites you about the programme and why you think that it is a good fit with your future aspirations.
    Thks
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipcup)
    Hi everyone,

About the RBS application, do you upload your cover letter at the end of the process or you write it in the box of the competency question ? IMO the competency question is quite close to a classic cover letter...

Thks
    Both will probably be expected.

ReputationRep:
    Just to confirm, is there a test for HSBC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IB Fanboy)
    Just to confirm, is there a test for HSBC?
    Yes, there is. Test & Phone interview.

ReputationRep:
    HSBC rejected the test was pretty easy but...i don't know what i failed, maybe 'cause i am not from a top uni... At the moment i have been rejected by MS, Citi and HSBC... Very sad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tru.and)
    HSBC rejected the test was pretty easy but...i don't know what i failed, maybe 'cause i am not from a top uni... At the moment i have been rejected by MS, Citi and HSBC... Very sad...
    Don't let it dishearten you. I've been rejected to a fair few places. What is your background? UCAS pts? University? Degree? Past experiences?

Also, when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Is HSBC just numerical?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Don't let it dishearten you. I've been rejected to a fair few places. What is your background? UCAS pts? University? Degree? Past experiences?

Also, when did you apply?
    Well, i have an uncommon university career, i am from Italy,milan, got a bachelor degree in philosophy with the higest grade but while i was studying philosophy i have found interest in finance and so i decided to get a bachelor in economics and financial markets at the same university(catholic university of Milan). I regret of not having gone to Bocconi, but here i am: i should finish in february with high grade(107\110). I can paste my cv...when you look at the mail and discover "we regret blabla, wish u the best for blablabla" is so depressing.
    What about you? Any tips?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.