Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexwilson97)
    Hi everyone, new to the forum. I achieved an A* in a level maths in y12 with UMS of 481 (yep 2 off a b :P)and am predicted an A in a2 further maths. Also predicted A* in both economics and history. my application will be submitted next week and was wondering whether my maths UMS is too low for the likes of lse in particular and ucl or would the A* justify my ability? I'm also applying to Bristol, Bath and Southampton (got an a* in economics related EPQ). Thanks
    You should be alright for UCL. You'd have a chance for LSE if your GCSEs are good and your PS is strong

ReputationRep:
    Got a Cambridge interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Congrats! Which college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!! Your stats please, if you don't mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Congrats! Which college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    jesus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberrysnow)
    Congrats!! Your stats please, if you don't mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks and sure, I applied on the 14th ish
    Gcse's : 9a* 2a
    AS: Maths 300/300
    F Maths 277/300
    Econ 192/200
    History 188/200
    Predicted 4 a*

ReputationRep:
    jesus
    Ooh when's your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ooh when's your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    mine is on the 8th of December, when is yours?

ReputationRep:
    mine is on the 8th of December, when is yours?
    The 3rd eek 2 and a half weeks away

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The 3rd eek 2 and a half weeks away

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that is soon! Have you done much prep, Im just gonna cover my bases in terms of my personal statement and brush up on my trigonometry

ReputationRep:
    that is soon! Have you done much prep, Im just gonna cover my bases in terms of my personal statement and brush up on my trigonometry
    Yeah same gonna just make sure I go most of econ AS and just look over some of last years pure maths, I hate trig though ergh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    when do Warwick and LSE tend to give offers out?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, hoping to apply for economics for 2016 (in year 12 now). Just wondering what extra things you did outside of school to help your personal statement. Also to go to a top uni (eg LSE or UCL) is there anything extra you have to do to make your PS stand out even more?

ReputationRep:
    What sort of mathematics-related questions do tutors ask for an economics interview? I am an international student and I don't know what you guys cover in A levels, so can someone post a list of math topics to review? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak2015)
    What sort of mathematics-related questions do tutors ask for an economics interview? I am an international student and I don't know what you guys cover in A levels, so can someone post a list of math topics to review? Thanks!
    I'm predicting some kind of complex trigonometry graph drawing but to be honest its so unpredictable that I probably wont prepare that much for it

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicting some kind of complex trigonometry graph drawing but to be honest its so unpredictable that I probably wont prepare that much for it
    Is there any particular reason why you're predicting a trig graph??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak2015)
    Is there any particular reason why you're predicting a trig graph??
    Someone had to draw one in the Cambridge interview video on YouTube, but they could ask anything on maths - so don't prepare for a set topic, maybe go over areas of maths you are weak at?

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am just wondering here about the Economics and industrial organisation course in Warwick?
    What's the course like and if I am interested in Finance and some Accounting, should I apply for it?

Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzie2)
    Hey guys, hoping to apply for economics for 2016 (in year 12 now). Just wondering what extra things you did outside of school to help your personal statement. Also to go to a top uni (eg LSE or UCL) is there anything extra you have to do to make your PS stand out even more?
    You don't need extracurriculars, just make sure you read around your subject etc

Seems plausible but unlikely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    You don't need extracurriculars, just make sure you read around your subject etc

Seems plausible but unlikely
    What maths questions did you have in your interview?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.