Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I want to ****ing scream. I can't wait to leave this house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    So true. (I don't actually want to do it, it'd just be nice to be asked )
    Sucks to be us ey? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    you know you have no friends when you haven't even been nominated...
    same...yay for having no friends! we can do our own challenge, but maybe one without wasting water and such!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    same...yay for having no friends! we can do our own challenge, but maybe one without wasting water and such!
    hah yeah

ReputationRep:
    Going back to band for the first time since June! :eek3: So anxious. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Bah. Got a killer sore throat. Honey and lemon tea is so good though.

This! Haha

Also hope your sore throat heals quick!
    Did you get to the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    -hugs- I hope it's just post holiday blues, and not a nasty bout of the sads.

(Original post by superwolf)
    :hugs: Hope you manage to stay happy and healthy, and we're always here to help when you need it. :
    I hope to manage without the internet largely because I was dependent on it. I want a happier existence and I don't know if tsr will get me there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    This! Haha

Also hope your sore throat heals quick!
    Did you get to the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did indeed, thanks for asking It went okish, I really struggled with one section but I think I did ok in the typing speed and other written sections so I'm hoping that outweighs the part I struggled with. Got a 4 hour exam on friday to look forward to. Bleurgh :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, mind if I join?

Dropped out of uni almost exactly a year ago after severe depression and getting awful grades - finally feel ready to apply for jobs again (I'm going on JSA soon), but the last year hasn't been easy. Feel really trapped with emotionally abusive family members, as well. Wish me all the financial luck you can, I'm gonna need it

(Sorry for the rant... really needed to let that out. Saw one doctor in the past year despite being suicidal at times, and they weren't really very helpful...)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I haven't been asked to do this Ice Bucket malarky either. I like to think it's coz my friends know that I wouldn't do it

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Arsenalforlifee)
    Hey guys, mind if I join?

Dropped out of uni almost exactly a year ago after severe depression and getting awful grades - finally feel ready to apply for jobs again (I'm going on JSA soon), but the last year hasn't been easy. Feel really trapped with emotionally abusive family members, as well. Wish me all the financial luck you can, I'm gonna need it

(Sorry for the rant... really needed to let that out. Saw one doctor in the past year despite being suicidal at times, and they weren't really very helpful...)
    Hey! Welcome to MHSS! Though sorry to hear of what brings you here :hugs: Hopefully you'll find us all friendly and supportive and we can cheer you on as you look for jobs! I'm jobhunting too, with very little success

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Hey! Welcome to MHSS! Though sorry to hear of what brings you here :hugs: Hopefully you'll find us all friendly and supportive and we can cheer you on as you look for jobs! I'm jobhunting too, with very little success
    Thank you :hugs: Best of luck to you too! What kind of jobs are you looking for, if you don't mind me asking?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Arsenalforlifee)
    Thank you :hugs: Best of luck to you too! What kind of jobs are you looking for, if you don't mind me asking?
    Part-time work in arts administration. Which appears to be either mostly non-existent or unpaid How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Part-time work in arts administration. Which appears to be either mostly non-existent or unpaid How about you?
    That sounds great! Have you tried applying for related jobs if you can't find exactly what you want right now?

Well, my dream is to run my own business, but I probably need to raise some money (doing anything, really) first and move out for my own sanity. So anything I can find, TBH, :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I did indeed, thanks for asking It went okish, I really struggled with one section but I think I did ok in the typing speed and other written sections so I'm hoping that outweighs the part I struggled with. Got a 4 hour exam on friday to look forward to. Bleurgh :yucky:
    A massive well done for going and doing it! Really proud of you!
    Yeah i imagine it will be fine! Good luck for friday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)

I haven't been asked to do this Ice Bucket malarky either. I like to think it's coz my friends know that I wouldn't do it

It is about creating awreness for ALS and originally it was designed - as I read - that only those put an ice bucket over themselves, who are not able to donate. It has nothing to do with nominating friends.

And by the way, you could nominate each other, ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Today I learned that I really suit glasses and it's such a shame that my eyesight isn't quite bad enough to need them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As someone who needs glasses, I've always been slightly envious of people who look amazing with glasses but don't need them :emo:.

Maybe wear nonprescription frames? I'm not usually a fan but if you like wearing them and they make you feel good, it's always an option!

Oh and a bit late, but I saw the pic you posted and you look amazing! I love the lipstick too! I've always wanted to wear red lipstick but don't think I could pull it off :getmecoat:.

ReputationRep:
    Just realised my quetiapine is like out of date, is tat bad?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It went well! This seems to be my week. :nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    you know you have no friends when you haven't even been nominated...
    I've never been nominated either :erm:. Shame :sigh:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.