The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Canttellyou
I just helped out at my school opening evening. Damn those year 6 kids are eager.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow so early? my school's one is usually in January maybe schools in England are different...
Original post by karmacrunch
Invasion! :ahee:

Hi 11ers! How are you? :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm good :wink: how are you?
Original post by vd12345
I'm good :wink: how are you?

I'm fine, doing some homework. :tongue: How is Year 11 going? :wink:

(Maybe I should change my gender sign back when I'm introducing myself to people I haven't spoken to. :rofl:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
I'm fine, doing some homework. :tongue: How is Year 11 going? :wink:

(Maybe I should change my gender sign back when I'm introducing myself to people I haven't spoken to. :rofl:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Year 11 is going fine. Starting to realise how much commitment and effort I'll need to put in this year. I'm starting to structure/plan how I revise atm (well in advance of exams), to make sure I'm fully prepared.. I want to do good, and I gotta make up for my stupidity in year 10 also. Never concentrated in class so got a lot to redo. The work load this year will be a lot. Especially with Controlled assessments, ISA's, Controlled assessment resits, art coursework. I'm taking 3 maths more GCSE's (did maths in year 10 so doing igcse, further and additional this year, an EPQ and As philosophy too.. So by the end of the year I'll have 13 GCSE's (2 of which I've already done), an As and an EPQ which is quite a lot imo. Sorry for rambling and going into details :s How are you finding year 10? What subjects did you pick?
I just helped out at my school opening evening. Damn those year 6 kids are eager.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school's was today as well :smile: my mum went to it because my sister is coming up into year 7 next year. I also went to a Physics outreach exhibition day at the University of Cambridge today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't concentrate in school these days because i am homeless now, i live in my anties house and oh god i don't think year 11 is going to be great for me :frown:
Original post by tryrevise
My school's was today as well :smile: my mum went to it because my sister is coming up into year 7 next year. I also went to a Physics outreach exhibition day at the University of Cambridge today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My sisters also going to be in year 7 next year. Did your school invite you to go to the physics outreach programme, what was it like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trihawk7
Wow so early? my school's one is usually in January maybe schools in England are different...

Yeah probably and maybe you go to a private/grammar school because they usually seem to do things their own way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vd12345
Here we go again xD I think I'll start reading harry potter just to understand what you guys are talking about :smile:

Haha good idea :wink:
Had my geography fieldwork 'trip' today, went home at 1:30 :tongue:
Reply 1430
Original post by Martie08
Had my geography fieldwork 'trip' today, went home at 1:30 :tongue:

How was it? For mine when I was year 11 we went to Christchurch Bay where they had organised fish and chips but the restaurant messed up the order and couldn't cope with the number of people. :lol:
Original post by 8472
How was it? For mine when I was year 11 we went to Christchurch Bay where they had organised fish and chips but the restaurant messed up the order and couldn't cope with the number of people. :lol:

Fine, we were doing land use in the CBD - the land use survey took ages but we could just go where we wanted for lunch and stuff. For my individual thing I had to do a survey so it was a bit awkward asking people but yeah :biggrin:Technically according to school we weren't allowed to go home early if we'd finished, but we got registered at 1:30 and then we weren't going to be again, so the teachers hinted that we could basically go home if we were done.
Reply 1432
Original post by Martie08
Fine, we were doing land use in the CBD - the land use survey took ages but we could just go where we wanted for lunch and stuff. For my individual thing I had to do a survey so it was a bit awkward asking people but yeah :biggrin:Technically according to school we weren't allowed to go home early if we'd finished, but we got registered at 1:30 and then we weren't going to be again, so the teachers hinted that we could basically go home if we were done.

Totally different to mine then. :lol: We were out from 7:45 to 8PM and just did measurements of stuff.
Original post by 8472
Totally different to mine then. :lol: We were out from 7:45 to 8PM and just did measurements of stuff.

Wow that's ages! Well yeah you can pick from loads of different ones to do I think.
My sisters also going to be in year 7 next year. Did your school invite you to go to the physics outreach programme, what was it like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the school took us :smile: it was good, but most of the people talking didn't actually work at Cambridge they were just representing different companies and stuff. Some of it was really interesting though so I did enjoy it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our thread has been sticky'ed :colone:
Original post by Strom

Yaay! Happy days
Original post by nox1
hehe, sorry? :wink: you may won't regret it tomorrow... :rolleyes:
good luck on your bio test!

aww thanks :smile: it wasn't too bad really apart from the last question :s-smilie:...

Original post by vd12345
I thought u lived in mexico and have potter friends in mexico or did I address this to the wrong girl.

Nah you didn't, just got the wrong impression... :biggrin: I do have 'potter friends' (love this term btw :wink: ) in Mexico but I don't live in Mexico.... The friends in question came to study in England and then moved back after 2 years :frown: Miss them but no, I don't live in Mexico. England all the way :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

and they get worse every year....

or maybe I'm getting old :colondollar:
Original post by vd12345
Year 11 is going fine. Starting to realise how much commitment and effort I'll need to put in this year. I'm starting to structure/plan how I revise atm (well in advance of exams), to make sure I'm fully prepared.. I want to do good, and I gotta make up for my stupidity in year 10 also. Never concentrated in class so got a lot to redo. The work load this year will be a lot. Especially with Controlled assessments, ISA's, Controlled assessment resits, art coursework. I'm taking 3 maths more GCSE's (did maths in year 10 so doing igcse, further and additional this year, an EPQ and As philosophy too.. So by the end of the year I'll have 13 GCSE's (2 of which I've already done), an As and an EPQ which is quite a lot imo. Sorry for rambling and going into details :s How are you finding year 10? What subjects did you pick?

Hi! Sorry for late reply... I had to finish some stuff off yesterday. :colondollar: It's Friday! :ahee: + I have lots of homework...

It's fine with rambling, don't worry. I do that myself. :tongue: I'm sure it'll be fine and it's good that you know to this now rather than later! Is the content for the different Maths GCSEs similar? Or is a lot repeated?
It is quite a lot! Good luck! ^_^

I'm doing... German, Geography, Textiles, RS, Mandarin + Language leaders (not a GCSE). XD Along with Triple Science, Applications and Methods in Maths, Ad Maths, English Lang. & Lit., Citz... :zomg: Year 10 is going pretty well. Compared to some of my friends I've had hardly any homework and the pace we're going at is good. I have a Chemistry end of unit test soon. :yep:
Original post by Strom

Same :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest