Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ONE HOUR TO GO UNTIL #OXTWEET #CAMBTWEET JOINT Q&A HOUR ON TWITTER

Get your questions in - the course, the university, the experience, anything you want to know! Current students available to ask directly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paralove)
    ONE HOUR TO GO UNTIL #OXTWEET #CAMBTWEET JOINT Q&A HOUR ON TWITTER

Get your questions in - the course, the university, the experience, anything you want to know! Current students available to ask directly!
    Searching #camtweet after misremembering the hashtag is really not a good idea..

ReputationRep:
    How much are people planning on budgeting for living costs?

I know Trinity suggest somewhere in the region of £7,850 to £9,200 and King's say £8,360, but it would be nice to know how much people anticipate they'll spend over three terms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bored565)

I know Trinity suggest somewhere in the region of £7,850 to £9,200 and King's say £8,360, but it would be nice to know how much people anticipate they'll spend over three terms.
    They both sound like reasonable numbers. I probably spend closer to £4000 than £3000 a term but I waste money like nobody's business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    They both sound like reasonable numbers. I probably spend closer to £4000 than £3000 a term but I waste money like nobody's business.
    Is this including accommodation?

ReputationRep:

Cambridge say £7,200 is enough, but I think that's just an excuse so that college bursaries intended to bring people from all backgrounds up to similar levels don't have to give you as much.

ReputationRep:

Ive planned for around £8,000 a year living costs

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone paying for their living costs also how have you worked them out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sye96)
    I know I'm really late posting but I have an offer for PBS at Sidney Sussex. I don't know anyone else with an offer for my course or from my college yet so if you're out there please say hello!
    I have an offer for PBS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    Is this including accommodation?
    Yeah, it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Yeah, it is.
    Thanks .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Cambridge say £7,200 is enough, but I think that's just an excuse so that college bursaries intended to bring people from all backgrounds up to similar levels don't have to give you as much.

(Original post by newblood)
    Ive planned for around £8,000 a year living costs
    Yeah I'm anticipate spending about £8,000 per year, but I'm planning on getting £10,000 so I have a good buffer in case something goes wrong and I'll be able to get another £4,000 on top of that if I need it.

My biggest concern is accommodation though. I really, really don't want to get stuck in a shoebox for a year.

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think it'll be possible to do alright on £5000-£6000 a year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umutalberts)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know. Technically you can survive on that, but I think you won't get any luxuries - just the very basic stuff (and fairly low quality accommodation).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends on the college (how much accommodation is subsidised) and whether or not you drink.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If money is paid in after 6th October... Am I meant to cover accommodation costs beforehand with personal money or?

And is it termly or for the whole year in advance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    If money is paid in after 6th October... Am I meant to cover accommodation costs beforehand with personal money or?

And is it termly or for the whole year in advance?
    you pay at end of term in college bill, termly

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think thats practically impossible unless all you spend money on is accomodation and meals
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No way - just think of the cost of all that shoeleather for walking to/from Homerton...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    No way - just think of the cost of all that shoeleather for walking to/from Homerton...
    Lol Imagine a Girtoners then 🙊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
    Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.