Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There should be a limit to the number of children a family can have. Not a 1-child policy like China but something reasonable.

And no I am not a 'the-world-is-overpopulated-lets-kill-ourselves' nutcase, I merely feel that it will be beneficial as it can keep some pressure off of housing, healthcare, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasicMistake)
    There should be a limit to the number of children a family can have. Not a 1-child policy like China but something reasonable.

And no I am not a 'the-world-is-overpopulated-lets-kill-ourselves' nutcase, I merely feel that it will be beneficial as it can keep some pressure off of housing, healthcare, etc.
    Tbh I think some people just straight up shouldn't be allowed to have kids at all, the only thing worse than an idiot is an idiot bringing and raising more idiots into the world

ReputationRep:
    There are only two genders

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tronick)
    There are only two genders

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are up to five in some cultures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)

white girls smh
    so peng

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazar)
    There are up to five in some cultures.
    Then all those other cultures are wrong.

You are either male with XY chromosomes, or female with XX.

Aside from the occasional aneuploidy which results from rare miss segregation of the chromosomes during meiosis, theres no other combinations.

Theres two genders.

ReputationRep:
    Most controversial view : I dislike groups of people, and have no problems in telling them that

I dislike misandristic feminists. (And the white knights associated with them)
    I dislike judgemental vegetarians.
    I dislike vegans full stop. (I've never met a non preachy vegan. They don't exist)
    I dislike muslims who justify murder and terrorism by claiming they were offended by a cartoon, as if that gives muslims a right to go off and butcher whoever they damn well please.
    I dislike people who argue halal meat isn't cruel.
    I dislike left wing do gooders who are always jumping on the latest trend of becoming offended for some minority.
    I dislike homophobes.

And most fundamentally, I dislike people who dislike me for failing to accept other peoples values because they're politically correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Boo)

Aside from the occasional aneuploidy which results from rare miss segregation of the chromosomes during meiosis, theres no other combinations.

Theres two genders.
    It's funny because that's a gross oversimplification of chromosomes. Most people don't even know what their own chromosomes are because they haven't been tested. I think you might be equating gender with biological sex here, but even so my point still stands.

ReputationRep:
    Only the smartest, healthiest, strongest, nicest (best qualities etc.) should be allowed to have children, for the next century or so. The earth can't cope with current population, better in the long run for humanity

ReputationRep:
    I believe there is one religious group who pretends to be a race evendors though they are from aroi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazar)
    It's funny because that's a gross oversimplification of chromosomes. Most people don't even know what their own chromosomes are because they haven't been tested. I think you might be equating gender with biological sex here, but even so my point still stands.
    I've actually spent a whole year of my degree studying genetics and genomics, but decided to not launch into a degree level analysis of the genetics of gender. But please, if you feel the need to correct what i've written, do go ahead!

Regardless, no matter how you want to dress up my gross over simplification, there are two biological sexes. One is pre determined by inheriting two X chromosomes, the other, by inheriting and X and a Y.

So really, its not a gross over simplification is it? Whilst I agree I couldn't give you the genetic map of my autosomal chromosomes, I could pretty easily tell you with quite certainty, that because I have a fully formed penis, and testes, I have inherited and X and a Y.

ReputationRep:

Theres two genders.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most controversial view : I dislike groups of people, and have no problems in telling them that

I dislike misandristic feminists. (And the white knights associated with them)
    I dislike judgemental vegetarians.
    I dislike vegans full stop. (I've never met a non preachy vegan. They don't exist)
    I dislike muslims who justify murder and terrorism by claiming they were offended by a cartoon, as if that gives muslims a right to go off and butcher whoever they damn well please.
    I dislike people who argue halal meat isn't cruel.
    I dislike left wing do gooders who are always jumping on the latest trend of becoming offended for some minority.
    I dislike homophobes.

And most fundamentally, I dislike people who dislike me for failing to accept other peoples values because they're politically correct.
    Sorry but did you read the title? How are these things in anyway controversial at all?

Pretty sure most people agree with half the list, and your adjectives make them inherently unlikeable.

I suppose my controversial view: I dislike people who think theyre 'edgy' and really truthful and cool because they "dislike people and say it to their face!". cool! smh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxisuper)
    Sorry but did you read the title? How are these things in anyway controversial at all?

Pretty sure most people agree with half the list, and your adjectives make them inherently unlikeable.

I suppose my controversial view: I dislike people who think theyre 'edgy' and really truthful and cool because they "dislike people and say it to their face!". cool! smh
    Im not edgy and cool, but honestly, maybe its just the fact I go to a really left wing uni - but if you say you dont like feminists or any other people i listed, you might aswell pledge allegiance to the army of Satan because you're instantly the worst person thats ever existed.

ReputationRep:
    Im not edgy and cool, but honestly, maybe its just the fact I go to a really left wing uni - but if you say you dont like feminists or any other people i listed, you might aswell pledge allegiance to the army of Satan because you're instantly the worst person thats ever existed.
    Thing is you didnt just say you dislike feminists. You said you dislike misandrist feminists. Which is a very negative and hateful thing to be
    Same with judgemental veggies

If you're school is left-wing why would the protest disliking homophobes?

ReputationRep:
    Btecssss

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i don't think mental illness exists. it's really about "not following norms" but this is covered up since it's non PC.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone should mind their own business. Gay people should get married and heterosexual people shouldn't get a view, because it's not your problem.
    Women should get an abortion if she wants to, because some random woman in Brazil getting an abortion will not affect you. Carry on living your life.
    We shouldn't pay taxes, there will always be homeless and starving people in the world, and in my country. Why should I give 20% of my salary to some racist chav when I can use it to buy a car.
    Prime Ministers (and MPs) should get minimun wage, so that we can actually get people who love their country and know what it is like to be one of us.
    Ban single sex schools, ban grammar schools. (No reason for this one).
    Stop making school so serious, let kids start proper school at eight, we live til 80/90/100 anyways, let little kids be little kids. We could realistically teach 14 years of school in 10years. Year 1,4,5,8,9 was a waste of time, we didn't learn anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miguapa)
    i don't think mental illness exists. it's really about "not following norms" but this is covered up since it's non PC.
    I don't think cancer exists, it's just "not following the norm".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coconuthead--)
    Btecssss

Posted from TSR Mobile
    BTECs have their place, It's silly to compare them to A-levels. It's apples and oranges.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.