Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    NOOO im soo annoyed! pretty bummed that i messed up on soo many questions, and dropped soo many marks. lets hope the boundaries are LOW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyshaU)
    Well I did try my best and now heres to hoping
    I want at least minimum a C but then again

what other subjects do you do
    I'm sure you did great dw! I do maths chem and biology. Scarily psychology is my easy subject in comparison :'D how about you?

ReputationRep:
    For the memory improvement question (2marks) I talked about method loci to link the words with objects or places in your house. Is that fine ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Is 54/55 a good enuf mark to get a B?
    perfect mark

infact im scared about 58-59 not being an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasx_)
    Same! And because it ached so much, I couldn't write as fast as I could and I ended up rushing everything. I really think I lost marks for not elaborating my points due to the little time I had. Oh well, it's done now
    I'm sure you did fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran12)
    Wasn't a limitation of Loftus research is it lacks ecological validity as it was done in lab conditions so cannot be generalised to real life
    no it had high ecological validity beauce the participants didnt know that it was staged.
    A limitation was the ethical considerations

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't a limitation of Loftus research is it lacks ecological validity as it was done in lab conditions so cannot be generalised to real life
    I put psychological harm

(Original post by nobodycarescarla)
    I'm sure you did great dw! I do maths chem and biology. Scarily psychology is my easy subject in comparison :'D how about you?
    I'm sure you did well too
    I do
    Edexcel Maths
    AQA Chemistry
    OCR ICT

ICT is meant to be the one I can just wing and do well in so we'll see

Let's hope we get an ok unit 2 paper

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=saran12;55667037]For the memory improvement question (2marks) I talked about method loci to link the words with objects or places in your house. Is that fine ?[/QUOTE
    I did that too, not sure if it's right or not but I hope so.
    Do you think the grade boundaries could go any higher than 60 for an A? I can't imagine them going up that much but everyone seemed to find it really easy

ReputationRep:
    No it had high ecological validity because the participants didn't know that it was staged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosahra)
    No it had high ecological validity because the participants didn't know that it was staged.
    Yeah but there could have been demand characteristics not everyone would have been fooled. Also it was lab conditions right so can't be generalised to real life. One mark Atleast I hope. Either way I guess

ReputationRep:
    Eh did we have to evaluate Loftus?

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for the first question? I wrote B and D but everyone else seemed to of wrote A and D oops

ReputationRep:
    no it had high ecological validity beauce the participants didnt know that it was staged.
    So me talking about ethical issues is right?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenSI)
    So me talking about ethical issues is right?!
    I talked about ethical issues as we'll.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but there could have been demand characteristics not everyone would have been fooled. Also it was lab conditions right so can't be generalised to real life. One mark Atleast I hope. Either way I guess

Yeah true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasx_)
    What did everyone write for the first question? I wrote B and D but everyone else seemed to of wrote A and D oops
    I put A and D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah4262)
    Eh did we have to evaluate Loftus?
    yeah

ReputationRep:
    They barely included anything from the specification :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nisr123)
    Any predictions on grade boundaries? It's gonna be super high 😓
    June 2009 had the highest grade boundaries yet to be seen in unit 1, with 68/72 for 100 ums and 56/72 for an A. This paper was of similar simplicity if not slightly simpler due to the attachment section being predominantly on the strange situation, pure gift marks! As well as the 12 marker being utterly blissful (thank God deprivation didn't come up).

Nevertheless, my estimate, based on the June 09 paper as well as other papers of similar difficulty and format ;
    69/72-100Ums
    57/72- A
    51/72-B
    45/72-C

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.