Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind Gerrard coming back to only train and help out the club and academy. I definitely don't want him to come back and play, he'd be a massive hindrance especially under Klopp's style of play. I think there's a quote where he said he doesn't plan on coming back to play again for the club. It'd be great for the younger guys to train with Gerrard and in general learn from him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I don't mind Gerrard coming back to only train and help out the club and academy. I definitely don't want him to come back and play, he'd be a massive hindrance especially under Klopp's style of play. I think there's a quote where he said he doesn't plan on coming back to play again for the club. It'd be great for the younger guys to train with Gerrard and in general learn from him.
    No way he'll ever come back to play, especially now that Klopp is managing. He couldn't be further from the kind of player Klopp needs in his sides so that'll never happen.

Gerrard being part of the staff on the other hand would be massive and it'd definitely help the players to have such an influential legend at the club watching over them.

I'm also very impressed that Klopp is taking the EL seriously. People may moan that he's taken a squad that could hinder us against palace but I say that we should just take games one at a time. We've drawn 3 games in the EL and Klopp understands that we simply cannot afford to lose this game. Fair play to him for having balls.

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard said next season may be the last time he plays (MLS season runs from January to November).

I can't see Klopp trying to sign him on loan and it would only be for a handful of games.

That said, we do miss his set-pieces

Hmm going to miss the game tomorrow since going to the cinema to watch Spectre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    No way he'll ever come back to play, especially now that Klopp is managing. He couldn't be further from the kind of player Klopp needs in his sides so that'll never happen.

Gerrard being part of the staff on the other hand would be massive and it'd definitely help the players to have such an influential legend at the club watching over them.

I'm also very impressed that Klopp is taking the EL seriously. People may moan that he's taken a squad that could hinder us against palace but I say that we should just take games one at a time. We've drawn 3 games in the EL and Klopp understands that we simply cannot afford to lose this game. Fair play to him for having balls.
    I feel so much calmer about the EL with Klopp in charge. When we had BR I never felt confident about being able to win and progressing to the latter stages. Plus in most of our EL games we rarely won decisively and could barely see the game out.

I'd love it if we won the EL this season, it'd be good in the long term so we can bump our UEFA coefficient up. Currently we are 54th. :/

ReputationRep:
    I feel so much calmer about the EL with Klopp in charge. When we had BR I never felt confident about being able to win and progressing to the latter stages. Plus in most of our EL games we rarely won decisively and could barely see the game out.

I'd love it if we won the EL this season, it'd be good in the long term so we can bump our UEFA coefficient up. Currently we are 54th. :/
    http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-...-uefa-ranking/

We were ranked 1st once upon a time :moon:

EDIT: that must have been mid-season

For season end, we reached as high as 3rd (for 06/07, 07/08 and 08/09).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-...-uefa-ranking/

We were ranked 1st once upon a time :moon:
    Damn, look how quick things have changed in 6 years!
    If anyone can restore us to our former glories it's Klopp. I cannot wait until the summer transfer window to see what gems he picks up. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Damn, look how quick things have changed in 6 years!
    If anyone can restore us to our former glories it's Klopp. I cannot wait until the summer transfer window to see what gems he picks up. :daydreaming:
    Well between 2005-2010 we were taken pretty seriously in Europe. Now we're almost laughing stocks.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'd line-up with Mignolet; Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno; Lucas, Can, Milner; Firmino, Lallana; Benteke.

ReputationRep:
    Well between 2005-2010 we were taken pretty seriously in Europe. Now we're almost laughing stocks.
    strong understanding of the definition of almost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    strong understanding of the definition of almost
    It's only Arsenal fans on their high horse of their R16 record in the CL who really care. Oh wait seems like that record is about to go out of the window too.

Come back when you've won a European trophy.

ReputationRep:
    It's only Arsenal fans on their high horse of their R16 record in the CL who really care. Oh wait seems like that record is about to go out of the window too.

Come back when you've won a European trophy.
    dont talk about European trophies. Talk about net European trophies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    dont talk about European trophies. Talk about net European trophies.
    I think it's a net +8

But hey, at least your bank balance is bigger?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a net +8

But hey, at least your bank balance is bigger?
    cute.

6 more than Nottingham Forrest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I'd line-up with Mignolet; Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno; Lucas, Can, Milner; Firmino, Lallana; Benteke.
    This.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    This.
    I'd be tempted to rest Milner because he's played so much football, but I guess his absence from Bournemouth will do him the world of good.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I think I'd give Benteke 30 mins or 45 mins in the second half. Much rather he was able to play the full 90 minutes on Sunday.

Bogdan; Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno; Allen, Can, Milner; Ibe, Lallana; Origi.

With Lucas on for Can, Benteke on for Origi and Firmino on for Lallana at 45/60 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I think I'd give Benteke 30 mins or 45 mins in the second half. Much rather he was able to play the full 90 minutes on Sunday.

Bogdan; Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno; Allen, Can, Milner; Ibe, Lallana; Origi.

With Lucas on for Can, Benteke on for Origi and Firmino on for Lallana at 45/60 minutes.
    Clyne needs a breather....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiceTheSlice)
    Clyne needs a breather....
    True but with Gomez injured, we don't have a backup fullback for either position. Or we've got to look at our youth players.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm glad Klopp has shut the door on these rumours of Gerrard returning as a player.

His style isn't suited to Klopp's high-pressing, full-throttle and 'heavy metal' football. He was shoehorned into a team for us for far too long, and we don't need that situation arising by him pulling on a LFC shirt again.

That said, his presence should still be felt at the club. You have to say that, currently, Everton have a better system for picking out local homegrown talent and surely that would change if Gerrard had scouting duties or a say in the Academy/at Melwood?

Imagine if Gerrard knocks on your door and asks you to come and play for Liverpool, like Everton's scouts did to Wayne Rooney after he came and trained with us. Any young talented kid wouldn't say no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I'm glad Klopp has shut the door on these rumours of Gerrard returning as a player.

His style isn't suited to Klopp's high-pressing, full-throttle and 'heavy metal' football. He was shoehorned into a team for us for far too long, and we don't need that situation arising by him pulling on a LFC shirt again.

That said, his presence should still be felt at the club. You have to say that, currently, Everton have a better system for picking out local homegrown talent and surely that would change if Gerrard had scouting duties or a say in the Academy/at Melwood?

Imagine if Gerrard knocks on your door and asks you to come and play for Liverpool, like Everton's scouts did to Wayne Rooney after he came and trained with us. Any young talented kid wouldn't say no.
    I don't think LA Galaxy would release him either. They signed him on a presumably sizable contract so can't afford to lose him or not be fully match ready for their new season.

Although it would probably destroy Stevie if we won the league this year

Yes we need to make the most out of Gerrard since he's likely to keep the closest links and has the biggest name/reputation. I can't see him being a pundit like Carragher to be honest.

Decent TAW article on our coming fixtures and how we're not in a terrible position in the league/EL/cups

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/1...-for-the-reds/

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.