Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was interviewed early March and havent heard anything. I assume it's a rejection. Do you guys think that late March people should hear at the end or doesn't it matter when you were interviewed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacqualyn)
    I just got an Offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Interview was 17th March
    EXCELLENT!!! Get in! See you in September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    OFFER!! Came through at 10:43, interview was the 17th of March. Am so so excited, is my first offer and got four rejections as an undergrad so is such a relief now!!
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!
    I suppose all the waiting was worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacqualyn)
    I just got an Offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Interview was 17th March
    Huge congratulations to you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiemckkk)
    Offer!!! Interview was 16th March, good luck everyone ☺️☺️
    Congratulations! It's so nice to hear so many offers coming through!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AFC_123456789)
    I was interviewed early March and havent heard anything. I assume it's a rejection. Do you guys think that late March people should hear at the end or doesn't it matter when you were interviewed?
    Coming from inside knowledge that I acquired from a friend I don't think the date is that important, But text me if you're feeling worried, I'll try my best to support you whatever the outcome, you're a lovely person I'm sure you'll get an offer

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to all the offer holders! Just spoke with the admissions lady on the phone and she said that they're currently doing the offers up until 31st March. Now not sure how reliable that statement is, considering she obviously wouldn't say that only rejections are coming out now so :/

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why the whole process is taking so long tbh. They know everyone's scores and I imagine they must have ranked everyone and given offers to say the top 200, so why are the trickle of offers so slow? Couldn't they have sent them all out on Thursday if they already know who to make the offer to? And same with the rejections, if they didn't make the top 200 then they're going to be rejected so why not send the rejections all out at once instead of making us wait? 😭

ReputationRep:
    Just got a rejection, interview 17th March... Best start planning a gap year then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekahgracedowd)
    Just got a rejection, interview 17th March... Best start planning a gap year then
    Aww Im sorry are you going to apply again in the gap year?

ReputationRep:
    Aww Im sorry are you going to apply again in the gap year?
    not sure, alot of places have said they wont consider re-application post interview and I was already pretty limited with my GCSE scores... lots to decide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekahgracedowd)
    not sure, alot of places have said they wont consider re-application post interview and I was already pretty limited with my GCSE scores... lots to decide
    Ahh fingers crossed you work stuff out!! I was in a similar situation when i applied as an undergrad and decided to go to uni to do another course (in my final year of that now) which payed off as got into keele this year

ReputationRep:
    Offer !! Interview the 22nd March

ReputationRep:
    Ahh fingers crossed you work stuff out!! I was in a similar situation when i applied as an undergrad and decided to go to uni to do another course (in my final year of that now) which payed off as got into keele this year
    I have a place on a course that I want to do but not sure whether I want to have to medicine post grad :/

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer! Received it at 14:52 today, interview was on the 21st March Good luck anyone who's still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayBou;[url="tel:63744777")
    63744777[/url]]Got an offer! Received it at 14:52 today, interview was on the 21st March Good luck anyone who's still waiting
    Congratulations 👏👏 I had my interview that morning but no news yet😬

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer - interview 22nd March

ReputationRep:
    How do we officially "accept" the offer? Is it just by sending in the Health check form?

By the way, stats: I am a UK born graduate with a 3.4 GPA degree in Pre-Medicine from the USA. A-levels in Eng Lit, Eng Lang and History - B,B,A.

I'm pretty sure I got in because of my experience because as you can see, i'm not blowing anyone away with academics. I have experience in lots of different healthcare roles in lots of specialties (3000+ hours) and previously two full time jobs as an HCA in A&E, Cardiology + Cath Lab.

Anyone who didn't get in please don't give up! Look for as much experience as possible, this is the end (/beginning?) of a 6 year road for me. All the schools really want to know is do you know exactly what doctors do and do you want to do that. In any case, we all know its a lottery as to who gets in and who doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    This may sound naive but is there any possibility even with the slimmest possible chance that I could get an interview considering I haven't heard anything back as of yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by textbookgeek123)
    This may sound naive but is there any possibility even with the slimmest possible chance that I could get an interview considering I haven't heard anything back as of yet?
    I don't want to lie to you - it seems unlikely because the last interview date was March 23rd and the deadline for decisions is March 31st. Having said that, it is really strange they haven't got back to you yet. I would prepare for the worst but assume that if they haven't said no yet then there is still a chance. I am so sorry you are still waiting at this point. Best of luck to you, i really mean it. It's a horrible process to go through.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.