• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mackay)
    How lucky is Vince?
    Not very :lol:

Surely that's it for him

ReputationRep:
    Game is just ticking along now, not much happening for the Pakistan camp.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think this is the first time since the 2012 Eng in India tour that India has scored over 500 in a test innings.. thats nearly 4 years.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    AIDS
    How lucky is Vince?
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Not very :lol:

Surely that's it for him
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    Game is just ticking along now, not much happening for the Pakistan camp.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by sachinisgod)
    I think this is the first time since the 2012 Eng in India tour that India has scored over 500 in a test innings.. thats nearly 4 years.
    so!!!which team do u guys support i m obviously with Pakistan wbu??

ReputationRep:
    And that's against a really weak WI bowling attack :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Glamorgan looking good in the T20. Would love to see them do well.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Brilliant stuff from Cook and Root today. Two of the best players England will ever hope to produce. Just brilliant, calming presences at the crease - and, most importantly given England's weakness against spin for nigh on 150 years, they are both superb players of spin.

Two batsmen with hundreds of contrasting qualities, but Root's was probably more premeditated and his shot selection was aggressive and excellent.

Cook, meanwhile, enjoyed a high strike rate and seemed to chase runs - and he seemed fearless today. Both of their techniques are excellent, but the worrying thing for Pakistan is the fact that there is plenty of more batting to come in the order for England.

It makes sense to send Woakes in as night watchman, given his solid technique and traditional batting style. The less said about Hales, Ballance and Vince the better. The former is guilty of trying to cut and chop too much, while Ballance hasn't rectified the flaws which saw him dropped in the first place, and Vince is just suffocating from the pressure.

It was a tough call to omit Rashid, and arguably quite a cowardly decision, but Pakistan failed to trouble England's batsmen and Yasir was *completely batted out of the game.

The outfield - which many had doubts over - was quick, and Yasir struggled to gain a foothold. His 100+ deliveries today was the most he's delivered without a wicket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    And that's against a really weak WI bowling attack :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Come on give them a break. I'm sure England also had a similar drought. Also, India hardly play home tests.

ReputationRep:
    We made 500 and more against Australia in 2013 when we beat them 4-0.
    572, 501, 499.

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant stuff from Cook and Root today. Two of the best players England will ever hope to produce. Just brilliant, calming presences at the crease - and, most importantly given England's weakness against spin for nigh on 150 years, they are both superb players of spin.

Two batsmen with hundreds of contrasting qualities, but Root's was probably more premeditated and his shot selection was aggressive and excellent.

Cook, meanwhile, enjoyed a high strike rate and seemed to chase runs - and he seemed fearless today. Both of their techniques are excellent, but the worrying thing for Pakistan is the fact that there is plenty of more batting to come in the order for England.

It makes sense to send Woakes in as night watchman, given his solid technique and traditional batting style. The less said about Hales, Ballance and Vince the better. The former is guilty of trying to cut and chop too much, while Ballance hasn't rectified the flaws which saw him dropped in the first place, and Vince is just suffocating from the pressure.

It was a tough call to omit Rashid, and arguably quite a cowardly decision, but Pakistan failed to trouble England's batsmen and Yasir was *completely batted out of the game.

The outfield - which many had doubts over - was quick, and Yasir struggled to gain a foothold. His 100+ deliveries today was the most he's delivered without a wicket.
    I don't know why Vince was chosen in the first place. I admit I don't watch much country cricket but with a FC average of 40, surely England have better players than that?

Is it just a coincidence that two of England's best batsman were given test debuts early. Cook and Root both 21 years old. Also Broad 21 and Anderson 20
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    We made 500 and more against Australia in 2013 when we beat them 4-0.
    572, 501, 499.
    i knew i missed out a tour in the middle. But anyways if we talk about overseas tests this the 1st 500+ score after a very very long time
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I don't know why Vince was chosen in the first place. I admit I don't watch much country cricket but with a FC average of 40, surely England have better players than that?

Is it just a coincidence that two of England's best batsman were given test debuts early. Cook and Root both 21 years old. Also Broad 21 and Anderson 20
    England certainly have better players. It's absolutely baffling Vince is being selected, especially when he consistently shells catching opportunities and offers little in the field.

There was even talk of him playing at THREE before the Test at Lord's, just showing what a farcical situation it is.*

ReputationRep:
    i knew i missed out a tour in the middle. But anyways if we talk about overseas tests this the 1st 500+ score after a very very long time
    Yeah. We came close against Aus in 2014, making 475.

ReputationRep:
    England certainly have better players. It's absolutely baffling Vince is being selected, especially when he consistently shells catching opportunities and offers little in the field.

There was even talk of him playing at THREE before the Test at Lord's, just showing what a farcical situation it is.*
    England will be rock solid if they find a decent no. 4 and 5. Also, Moeen Ali possibly swapped with Borthwick?

ReputationRep:
    Come on give them a break. I'm sure England also had a similar drought. Also, India hardly play home tests.
    Yeah, I wasn't saying it like that. It's fair enough (in some sense) that we haven't scored 500 in a while due to having a fairly inexperienced batting line up etc.

Am expecting us to score 500 a couple more times in this series though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Root 150 and Woakes 50. Excellent- let us hope we can bowl Pakistan out twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Root 150 and Woakes 50. Excellent- let us hope we can bowl Pakistan out twice.
    I reckon this series will take a similar turn to the India-England 2014 series after India won the 2nd test.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely nothing in it for the bowlers. But, I could see Pakistan rolling over twice with the follow-on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 20, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.