This discussion is closed.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
A-****ing-men.

Basically what I've been trying to say, but I've been skirting round the point. Jam's nailed it. As you were.
You know what it's grass is greener syndrome.

I have a story of one girl who I liked that was with somebody else at the time, she had her problems but I felt she was what I needed at the moment. She then split up with her boyfriend. I ended up in a relationship with the girl after she had broken up, realised soon enough why the relationship was so faulty first hand. Soon you'll realise that you were better off single or with the girl you were with before than that girl you were coveting for.
qasidb
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
People want Van Gaal out because:
1: He's tactically stubborn.
2. He plays negative overcautious football
3. He's annoying as **** in the media.
4. Causes problems with players that dent confidence due to his tactics/antics.

Yet people want Mourinho who has the very same traits plus:
1. Refuses to use the youth system.
2. Has a clear case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
3. Will probably take your entire club to court due to a breach of contract.
4. Won't be at the dugout for a decent amount of the season due to accumulating punishments or causing clubs to be fined.

Mourinho may get you to win more games in the short term(probably a title or two) but the wheels will fall off quickly.
Just because he ruined Chelsea doesn't necessarily mean he'll ruin Man Utd. (Actually Man Utd has already taken a beating by Moyes and LVG anyway.)
The main thing is that he'll have us winning games and, ultimately, trophies.

If LVG were still here, he'll make the situation get even worse than it already is. Then if we were to bring in another manager for next season, it would probably be too late for him to fix it. We could become another Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
^ :facepalm2:
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
You forgot about Mata and Herrera, bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As much as I rate him Mata is not safe and also isn't "for the future". He isn't an ideal RW too.

Suppose you could add Herrera in too but I don't see him as priceless. DDG, Martial, Shaw and Smalling are priceless to us atm.

(Original post by trapking)
for me he's way too slow on the ball and get's bullied of it easily.
Another thing which annoys me about Mata. He should go back to Spain IMO.
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
^ :facepalm2:
U wot m8?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Mark Ogden been briefed and says that Woodward doesn't want to appoint Mourinho because he's concerned about his own job and not wanting to admit he got it wrong with giving LVG the job. He also isn't too keen on giving giggs the job because he distrusts the class or 92.

Lol @ the moron
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Mark Ogden been briefed and says that Woodward doesn't want to appoint Mourinho because he's concerned about his own job and not wanting to admit he got it wrong with giving LVG the job. He also isn't too keen on giving giggs the job because he distrusts the class or 92.

Lol @ the moron
Well that's top 4 gone then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
WalkingAbortion
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
better performance but still not good enough for 3 points.

Chelsea will finish above us this season if we stick with Van Gaal imho.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Another thing which annoys me about Mata. He should go back to Spain IMO.
I can see him leaving in the next year! Mata, Fellani, Young, Jones and Carrick will all go soon....
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Lol @ the moron
In a way, I can understand his concerns about the Class of 92 becoming too powerful and no doubt Fergie is pushing for Co92 to happen as it reflects well on him. I can imagine Woodward called LVG praising him to the hilt for the improvement in performance but if results continue to spiral then he won't have any other choice to sack him but he'll try to wait for fan revolt against LVG (meaning personal abuse/chants aimed at him) before sacking him and making himself seem popular.
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just read from some reliable journalists that LVG will probably be in charge v Swansea, They are mangerless and haven't got Monk anymore who seemed to have LVG's number so we have a good chance of winning, especially as its at home.

I think all we can do is get behind the team and hope we stick out this bad run and manage to get top 4, because I am sure even if Swansea beat us, Ed will keep on giving him another chance probably till his contract expires and then hire Giggs and then the transformation will be complete from the Mighty Man United to a mediocre team like Liverpool in their post successful years.
Fizzel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
People want Van Gaal out because:
I think you've made a mistake from the off, none of the reasons are primarily why people want LVG out, they want him out because those things are unforgivable while not winning. If LVG was winning, such issues would be forgiven. People still see Jose as a winner, hence all the points can be forgiven as they were LVG up until recently. Just as they were last season at Chelsea for most of the season.

Winning is what matters in football more than anything, all those points not being true wouldn't save LVG for long in our current form. Tbh, if those points actually mattered, Tim Sherwood would still be in a job at a much less ambitious club than United.

I don't believe that Odgen stuff tbh. Who else was there to appoint when LVG was? The names being thrown now were all employed. The best you could get at the time not being good enough going forward, is hardly a mistake. The Class of 92 are too powerful, they are all living post playing careers off the credibility of their playing ones, the two have a tenuous link as far as success goes. No reason Giggs or Scholes should be taken anymore seriously than Savage or Shearer.
WalkingAbortion
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
any chance of Van Gaal going before we play Swansea do we think or?
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fizzel)
I think you've made a mistake from the off, none of the reasons are primarily why people want LVG out, they want him out because those things are unforgivable while not winning. If LVG was winning, such issues would be forgiven. People still see Jose as a winner, hence all the points can be forgiven as they were LVG up until recently. Just as they were last season at Chelsea for most of the season.

Winning is what matters in football more than anything, all those points not being true wouldn't save LVG for long in our current form. Tbh, if those points actually mattered, Tim Sherwood would still be in a job at a much less ambitious club than United.
I made a disclaimer at the end, saying Mourinho will get you a title or two but those problems will start showing eventually. So if they're willing to put up with the same crap they do with LVG/even worse but with a title or two they can put up with it.

Really people just want to see United win games but really people will be making the same complaints in a couple of years with Mourinho as they are with LVG. It's just hypocritical imo.
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WalkingAbortion)
any chance of Van Gaal going before we play Swansea do we think or?
More chance of you having a walking abortion

Although you never know, but as per media reports I think its unlikely.
WalkingAbortion
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
More chance of you having a walking abortion

Although you never know, but as per media reports I think its unlikely.
damn, guess we shouldn't expect 3 points anytime soon then, sigh.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Fizzel reminds me of Yukino from Yahari Ore no Seishun.

Also, Ogden has known the square root of **** all since Rio stopped texting him.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I absolutely applaud & respect Van Gaal, people usually say he sits on the bench and does nothing because he has no passion but this man is clearly passionate about his job, you can just see how much it means to him in this interview he was nearly crying.

He wanted to leave 2-3 times because of the pressure from media/federation:
1st time the club refused and had faith in him!
2nd time the club refused again and told him they believed in him and THE players & directors visited his house asking him to stay.....
3rd time he didn't mention much about this.....

-If we put on performances like we did today for the rest of the season then i'll be happy that's all I ask from LVG tbh! The least we can do as man utd fans at this point is just support him and the team through these tough times no matter how much we may dislike him as a manager. The players clearly want to fight for him so he hasn't lost them yet
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Lol @ the moron
Tbh. The class of 92 are poison giggs sits on his backside as "assistant" people want him has manager despite the fact hes been part of two failing/failed managerial reigns and scholes is our biggest critic and the way he alongside former players talk is disgraceful everyones entitled to an opinion but its no every day critic our style,why cant he soung logical like henry on mnf...all the other members have gone to try their hand in management or coaching
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lvg 1 - media 1
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (62)
32.8%
Spring (35)
18.52%
Autumn/Fall (46)
24.34%
Winter (36)
19.05%
I love them all equally (10)
5.29%