The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Original post by hals
shizzle sticks i missed it by 11 mins :unimpressed:

Well, you have 6:30pm!
Logging out - Chemistry time! :biggrin:
Reply 1422
I did a bit of Binomial but then had to have dinnerrrr. D; By 11pm I'd like to have completed all of Binomial and finished all the homework which is due in for tomorrow. - So many pieces, I'm going to dieeeeee. D:
Original post by Anon_98
I did a bit of Binomial but then had to have dinnerrrr. D; By 11pm I'd like to have completed all of Binomial and finished all the homework which is due in for tomorrow. - So many pieces, I'm going to dieeeeee. D:

Good luck - you CAN do it! I've got to read up on and complete organic chemistry before we do it in class!
:smile:
Reply 1424
Original post by Metapheonix
Good luck - you CAN do it! I've got to read up on and complete organic chemistry before we do it in class!
:smile:

Thank you!! - I hope so. I think I'm going to log out of here until I've completed everything. Good luck with your stuff too!

:hugs:
Haven't done anything today lol. just felt no motivation and now feel awful
Today so far I got a B in the C2 paper I did.Happy with that, made some silly lazy mistakes such as expanding (3sinx + cosx)^2 to 9sin^2x + cos^2x :O I also messed up a trapezium rule question involving trigonometry by typing in the actual values and getting all muddled up rather than just putting it as 0.25 (sin0 + sin2 + 2(sin0.5 + sin1 + sin1.5) which meant the calculator did most of the work.

Currently doing the first section of C4 trig.

I recommend the pomodoro technique for people struggling. http://pomodorotechnique.com/
Original post by Anon_98
:console:

Um, well considering there's not much time left- I'd probably recommend that you fully focus on tomorrow's exam, today. Like, just try your best to get as much as done possible then spend the whole of tomorrow night on the Cold war stuff... - is it a real/proper exam? >.<

Good luck!

Yeah it is, I'll try anyways. Thanks for the advice!
Theres a good revision technique you can do.

You need paper and two coloured pens - preferably black and another colour (maybe green or orange - something bright).

Choose the topic you want to revise (eg. limestone) and using the black pen write down everything you can remember without a revision guide, book or anything that will give you the answers.
(you can use a checklist for this as long as it doesn't give answers - just what you need to learn. A checklist may say something like "know the stages of the limestone cycle").

Afterwards, look at your revision guide, book, website or whatever you revise from and see what points you missed. Write them on the page in a different colour. This colour will make the points stand out so you remember them.

Finally, write all the points you missed in the second colour again without looking at the the revision materials or your corrections. If you want then add the points you remembered the first time. This whole process helps you remember as many points as possible and fill the gaps in your knowledge

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 1429
Original post by Anon_98
I've finished + written my notes for parametricsss which was actually fun lol bc it didn't turn out to be as difficult as I remembered! I'll continue with more of C4 a bit later.

does making notes for C3/4 help? i might give it a try
Argghh - what are ligands? (Chemistry) :s-smilie:
Original post by Kittyboy
Haven't done anything today lol. just felt no motivation and now feel awful

Try not to feel awful! :frown::redface:
What helps me is to plan what I will study each night before morning session - this helps me feel more in control of my study.
Hope this helps :wink:
Reply 1432
Well, I was supposed to do my work but decided to go for a long shower instead and then made baby pancakes. :dong: (AND THEY'RE MEGA CUTE ASGHDJGKHLJJKL :crazy: ) I'm so going to die tomorrow.- it's not even funny. :rofl:
Original post by Anon_98
Well, I was supposed to do my work but decided to go for a long shower instead and then made baby pancakes. :dong: (AND THEY'RE MEGA CUTE ASGHDJGKHLJJKL :crazy: ) I'm so going to die tomorrow.- it's not even funny. :rofl:

You can do it! Try not to cram tomorrow but maybe quiz your friends and make some notes. Try your hardest tomorrow and you may be suprised. Good luck 😀
Reply 1434
Original post by xs4

Yes, I find it really helpful!! - Would recommend. Especially writing out worked examples for each type of question as part of them too. :h:
Original post by xs4

I don't do it. I do have a revision guide I refer to if need be though which has nice notes in it.

What do you do for maths revision?
Did 2 M1 papers today. Why do signs even exist? :|
Original post by Metapheonix
Argghh - what are ligands? (Chemistry) :s-smilie:

A species (a thing like an atom, molecule or ion) which can donate a lone pair of electrons to a central metal ion forming a coordinate bond with it. So in [Co(H2O)6]2+ (a cobalt-aqua complex ion - complex ions are written in square brackets) there a 6 water ligands. Water is the ligand because the O in the molecule has a lone pair of electrons it can donate to cobalt.

Tag me if you have more chemistry questions! :biggrin:
Reply 1438
Original post by Charlotte.13
You can do it! Try not to cram tomorrow but maybe quiz your friends and make some notes. Try your hardest tomorrow and you may be suprised. Good luck 😀

Thank you. :redface: Ugh, I guess I still have an hour/so before bedtime so I might just force myself to get as much as I can done. Thanks, I appreciate it. ^-^ <3
Original post by Anon_98
Thank you. :redface: Ugh, I guess I still have an hour/so before bedtime so I might just force

myself to get as much as I can done. Thanks, I appreciate it. ^-^ <3

Dont stay up too late though, you won't remember it as you will be too tired even if you do not feel it. Get some sleep and wake up and maybe do some over breakfast.

Latest

Trending

Trending