Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    how'd you guys find it?

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think boundaries will go down??

ReputationRep:
    if I spoke about the european court of human rights in the democracy 25 marker is that a massive issue? I made it as a quick side point
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by titecam)
    if I spoke about the european court of human rights in the democracy 25 marker is that a massive issue? I made it as a quick side point
    Not really - whilst not a million percent correct , as long as it's written correctly you'll pick up marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    Not really - whilst not a million percent correct , as long as it's written correctly you'll pick up marks.
    Thank you! I was concerned because its not part of the EU but I just mentioned how it can help protect civil liberties

ReputationRep:
    For the democracy 25 marker I wrote: greater representative democracy from proportional representation electoral systems and the rise of smaller parties AND less representative democracy from the west loathian question, unelected european council and low turnout rates in 2016 for devolved powers. Does this sound okay?

ReputationRep:
    So glad I didn't answer democracy now as everyone else found it hard.
    Elections was fine for me and pressure groups not too bad

ReputationRep:
    same. what did you miss ? i didnt do a conclusion for either 25 and both were rushed and small

ReputationRep:
    I ended up wasting 5 minutes because I wrote the 25 marker on the wrong page by skipping one so I wrote a message telling the examiner where my answer started lol, all fixed up though.

Hopefully unit 2 is ok too

ReputationRep:
    I answered the democracy and pressure groups questions. They were ok; I found the 10 mark questions the hard bit. 25 on pressure groups was fine. Both 5 mark questions were great.

The Democracy 25 mark question i wrote: Numerically more representatives, (forgotten my other point) VS British MEPs have little say in the European Parliament; representing only 10% of the members and the Low turnouts for devolved powers question the legitimacy of the representatives....

Does this seem ok?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys im new to TSR. I failed my gov pol exam today i just know it. I ran out of time so rushed through the twenty five marker and completely missed out the ten marker. I just feel like giving up on life tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbaig27)
    Do you guys think boundaries will go down??
    hope so

ReputationRep:
    Someone make an unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    Guys how much do you think I need for a C, B, A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willsmith410)
    Hi guys , I've got mock exams coming up next week and I've been through all of the past past papers ... Does any know the questions for both unit 1 and 2 for June 2015?If so please reply ASAP
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...une-2014#step4

ReputationRep:
    I did the pressure groups and elections. For the election question, the 25 marker was what are the merits of the U.K. Electoral systems. Does that mean you had to do the criticisms of each as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamafailure101)
    Guys how much do you think I need for a C, B, A?
    According to the 2015 grade boundaries for Unit 1:

A: 58
    B: 52
    C: 46
    D: 40
    E: 35

I doubt the 2016 grade boundaries will be much different. But I may be wrong.

Total marks for the paper are 80.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...Boundaries.pdf

ReputationRep:
    errrrrm yeah Kat I think assess means give both side?

ReputationRep:
    Guys fasting and doing exams I can only pray for the grade boundaries to be low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kat-kate32)
    I did the pressure groups and elections. For the election question, the 25 marker was what are the merits of the U.K. Electoral systems. Does that mean you had to do the criticisms of each as well?
    Electoral Systems Question:

You can refer to basically any of the electoral systems which operate in the UK (FPTP, STV, AMS etc.)

The question asked you to assess so yes, you must evaluate both sides of the electoral system. The merits refer to the advantages, and then you'd give the disadvantages of the electoral system and perhaps give a judgement at the end of each point.

Most people (including me) seemed to make around 3 in-depth assessments of electoral systems used.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.