Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did Poppies and Belfast Confetti basically for the unseen I did hard alliteration, words to do with animals like claws/talons to suggest the soldier would be desensitised/dehumanised to battle, simile, and a regimented military-like structure because soldiers would be brainwashed by the weapons and not break the mould or think about the consequences, is this ok?

ReputationRep:
    On the unseen I said antlers represented devil horns is that okay or stupid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace143)
    I guess it's a good thing you revised Brothers then! Did you do that one or THCM?
    THCM

ReputationRep:
    How was your exam? I did Unit 4 so wondering what Unit 2 would have been like lmao

ReputationRep:
    For the unseen I went on about how the title is ambiguous and also contrasts a little boy with the use of weapons.😂 these exams are jokes, but I think I did better in this one than Lit 1....I'm better at deep analysis, so I cannot write enough within the time limit which is extremely annoying..............

ReputationRep:
    Was it good to compare THCM with Sonnet 43vvv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganMcAlister)
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! Do you know anyone who did The Right Word and Charge of the Light Brigade? Asking for a friend
    My friend did!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realsmilee)
    I said that it was as if he was a demon due to his mockery of the apple (garden of eden). Your point seems passable x3 the only thing I thought of for antlers was a deer's courtship thing where they wrestle other males or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realsmilee)
    No, I used that as a reference to satan as well, I said that killing was not seen as evil but rather fulfilling Gods work, encouraging the young boy to fight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabrina235)
    Did anyone do Character Voice? I compared Medusa with Les Grands Seigneur
    I did exactly the same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzkii786)
    So on the summary page, the unseen poetry was that the boy grew talons because he was not evil but I wrote that because it unassailable because God "did not" grow him talons, the negative diction conveyed that the boy thinks his powerful and God can't stop him. Will I lose marks if the actual answer was that God didnt not let him grow talons because he isn't fundamentally evil?
    I think with English Literature, as long as you can support your ideas, it should be credited, since poetry is partly a matter of interpretation - I wouldn't worry

ReputationRep:
    For character and voice I did the Medusa question and I compared it with Les Grands Seigneurs, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace143)
    hey, do you know if it's necessary to speak about all three (structure form and language) to get the top marks?? I don't think I talked about form in mine:/
    I believe in the mark scheme it says language and or form and or structure for the top band, so you should be able to do just one of the three - obviously the more you explore, the more credible and exploratory your answer will probably be. I hardly ever write about form and just stick to language and structure...hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smidge_midge)
    For the unseen I went on about how the title is ambiguous and also contrasts a little boy with the use of weapons.😂 these exams are jokes, but I think I did better in this one than Lit 1....I'm better at deep analysis, so I cannot write enough within the time limit which is extremely annoying..............
    I started talking about fighting in a war seems 'manly' to society and that's why the title focuses on the boy . It's one of the main reasons I don't mind poetry because you can get deep and having double meanings and it's all your own opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksplodge)
    I believe in the mark scheme it says language and or form and or structure for the top band, so you should be able to do just one of the three - obviously the more you explore, the more credible and exploratory your answer will probably be. I hardly ever write about form and just stick to language and structure...hope this helps!
    mr bruff said you needed all three to get top marks but I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    What was the question about for the ruined maid again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PCB)
    What was the question about for the ruined maid again?
    It was something like compare how change effects people....? I did Ruined Maid & Medusa😅

ReputationRep:
    My friends found it weird that i compared THCM with 'In Paris With You' was that ok?

ReputationRep:
    I compared Poppies to The Yellow Palm based on both being a 'difficult time' due to the grief caused by war. I was a bit rushed for time so I didn't get to do a proper conclusion for the comparison or the unseen, but I don't think it went too badly! I hope everybody else's went well, did anybody do the same comparison as me?

ReputationRep:
    I did that and so did Mr Bruff in A* analysis vid....prepared it all last night and basically copied and added to it a bit xD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.