Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrongSilver97)
    For those banks applications which require a 2.1 or higher on track or achieved for spring weeks how is this evidence shown to the banks or are these just general typos and you just apply and these 2.1 in any degree discipline dont need to be shown?
    You agree to present them with evidence upon request that you're either capable of achieving 2.1 or have already achieved it.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you're rejected from CS immediately after taking the tests if not successful?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what is asked in UBS video interview?

ReputationRep:
    Bit of an odd question but I did a spring week in 2016 but now changed to a 4 year course (graduating in 2019 instead of 2018) and I am applying to spring weeks again. The spring week is obviously on my CV but I am struggling when it comes to talking about it on my cover letters. As I have already done this insight why exactly would I want to do another insight? Any suggestions how I should phrase it/how I should talk about the spring week on my cover letters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyLucy)
    Bit of an odd question but I did a spring week in 2016 but now changed to a 4 year course (graduating in 2019 instead of 2018) and I am applying to spring weeks again. The spring week is obviously on my CV but I am struggling when it comes to talking about it on my cover letters. As I have already done this insight why exactly would I want to do another insight? Any suggestions how I should phrase it/how I should talk about the spring week on my cover letters?
    want to experience culture of another bank, gain more info about a specific division, expand network?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    Does anyone know if you're rejected from CS immediately after taking the tests if not successful?
    Not at the moment no, my application status hasn't changed from 'recieved' for a week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMZL)
    Not at the moment no, my application status hasn't changed from 'recieved' for a week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're likely right now waiting to get to a certain threshold of applicants to see percentile scores, i.e. getting a large enough sample size before first cuts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jker)
    They're likely right now waiting to get to a certain threshold of applicants to see percentile scores, i.e. getting a large enough sample size before first cuts.
    Don't think so, they have accumulated that from the previous years. Moreover, someone in here already got interview with CS.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    does running a trading account count as work experience (if applying to markets @db)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    does running a trading account count as work experience (if applying to markets @db)
    It would something along the line of playing soccer. An interest/hobby whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    Don't think so, they have accumulated that from the previous years. Moreover, someone in here already got interview with CS.
    Ahh really? Strange, most people I know including myself have had no form of communication in 2 months nearly now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jker)
    Ahh really? Strange, most people I know including myself have had no form of communication in 2 months nearly now.
    He might have a solid profile or a referral - I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    If you write on your CV that you've traded FX for a year and made a small profit, will they ask you to bring proof to the interview? Like should I prepare documents that show the profit made?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serions871)
    If you write on your CV that you've traded FX for a year and made a small profit, will they ask you to bring proof to the interview? Like should I prepare documents that show the profit made?
    They're not gonna ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    They're not gonna ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you think it's worth putting fx trading on your CV if one is applying for a spring week in markets? Or do you think the banks won't really care?

ReputationRep:
    Do JP Morgan require a cover letter for their spring weeks or do the 2 questions on the application process sorta replace the need for one?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serions871)
    Do you think it's worth putting fx trading on your CV if one is applying for a spring week in markets? Or do you think the banks won't really care?
    It's worth it yh, shows interest in the markets

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbLDN)
    Do JP Morgan require a cover letter for their spring weeks or do the 2 questions on the application process sorta replace the need for one?
    Latter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks princepieman, also do Deutsche Bank require a cover letter for their spring weeks or do the several questions on the application process sorta replace the need for one as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbLDN)
    Thanks princepieman, also do Deutsche Bank require a cover letter for their spring weeks or do the several questions on the application process sorta replace the need for one as well?
    I spoke to someone at DB and he said for the SW the CQs are more than enough, the optional Cover Letters are more designed for Summer/Grad applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.