Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    LOL no its definitely not small - bugger to get bedding for though - single won't fit and won't a double fitted sheet be too big??? Oh the trials we students have to face
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yes and I didn't know that!!! Most uni beds are 3 quarter sized and I always assumed that they were small :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    LOL no its definitely not small - bugger to get bedding for though - single won't fit and won't a double fitted sheet be too big??? Oh the trials we students have to face
    I've already got single sheats for beds because I thought that they were small and my mum said singles would fit... And now I'm realising that they will be too small. I might needs more pillows too.
    I have a feeling a double sheat is the only option.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like you have some more shopping to do. Oh well it's another distraction I suppose Had to buy new bedding too - after 2 years in a single bed at uni I get a double in this year's accommodation! Might get lost in a double bed as I am only tiny lol!
    (Original post by Aph)
    I've already got single sheats for beds because I thought that they were small and my mum said singles would fit... And now I'm realising that they will be too small. I might needs more pillows too.

I have a feeling a double sheat is the only option.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like you have some more shopping to do. Oh well it's another distraction I suppose Had to buy new bedding too - after 2 years in a single bed at uni I get a double in this year's accommodation! Might get lost in a double bed as I am only tiny lol!
    I haven't even thought about buying stuff yet

ReputationRep:
    Loads of time left yet so I wouldn't worry - though in truth my mum sorted most of that stuff out for me when I first started - I was in denial that it was really happening lol - I was such a scaredy-cat about the whole results day/going to uni business.
    (Original post by EmilyPlatypus)

ReputationRep:
    Actually it depends on what my accommodation offer is!!!
    Due to speaking about this I thought I'd check my accommodation application and to my horror I found it blank!!! They had all my details but my room choises so that was a fright and a half!!!
    I've spent almost 7 years (if not more!) in a king sized, it's going to feel so small
    And you aren't waiting for A-level results?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear a 3/4 bed is going to be a let down hehehe. No not waiting for A2 results - been there - done that in 2014. Just enjoy watching these threads and offering any help/assurance where I can
    (Original post by Aph)
    Actually it depends on what my accommodation offer is!!!

Due to speaking about this I thought I'd check my accommodation application and to my horror I found it blank!!! They had all my details but my room choises so that was a fright and a half!!!
    I've spent almost 7 years (if not more!) in a king sized, it's going to feel so small
    And you aren't waiting for A-level results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyPlatypus)
    Same lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Probably a stupid question but is a 3 quarter length bed smaller than a single? The pictures look bigger but it can't be right?
    When I applied for accomdation at Nottingham uni the slightly more expensive option was for a ' single study plus ' room which includes a 3/4 bed which is 3/4 the size of a double bed and thus is bigger than a single bed and is known as a ' Queen size ' bed so yeh it is deffo bigger ! Hence why I picked this option as I don't want to be in a tiny bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    When I applied for accomdation at Nottingham uni the slightly more expensive option was for a ' single study plus ' room which includes a 3/4 bed which is 3/4 the size of a double bed and thus is bigger than a single bed and is known as a ' Queen size ' bed so yeh it is deffo bigger ! Hence why I picked this option as I don't want to be in a tiny bed
    Yeah, I assumed it was 3/4 the size of a single :lol:
    I guess I'll find out if I need to go shopping after results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yeah, I assumed it was 3/4 the size of a single :lol:
    I guess I'll find out if I need to go shopping after results day.
    Did you apply for Nottingham ?

ReputationRep:
    They rejected me lol

ReputationRep:
    Nope, (I'm sure we have had the conversation before?) I applied for York, Exeter, Warwick, Dundee and Aberdeen. My insurance is Dundee and firm York.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    They rejected me lol
    Oh sorry for reminding you man ; where should you be going to then ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Nope, (I'm sure we have had the conversation before?) I applied for York, Exeter, Warwick, Dundee and Aberdeen. My insurance is Dundee and firm York.
    Sorry for being annoying and oh right Yh I have York done as my backup cause my course is in clearing and the campus is really nice aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle_w)
    Did anyone do edexcel biology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My daughter did AS went well but unit 4+5 were not good.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for being annoying and oh right Yh I have York done as my backup cause my course is in clearing and the campus is really nice aha
    Nahhhhhhh, you aren't annoying. It's fine
    The campus is beautiful but aren't the grades the same for your firm for York?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wanted to ask, If a course is on clearing right now does this mean that have extra places?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Nahhhhhhh, you aren't annoying. It's fine
    The campus is beautiful but aren't the grades the same for your firm for York?
    Nope York want AAB for maths cause I have an A in AS further maths but my firm wants AAA and my insurance wants A*AB/AAA LMAO ; I'm gonna get anywhere between AAB -A*AA but praying for the latter ; begging the psychology grade boundaries are nice

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm a parent on TSR; interesting !
    (Original post by TraceyE)
    My daughter did AS went well but unit 4+5 were not good.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.