Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizgurl)
    Exactly...plus there are a few people who would ask me for my result, but when I ask them, they just talk around it and I don't get to know. So I'm just planning not to tell many people. I'd rather say my results on tsr rather than in real life tbh
    Exactly, people on TSR are so much nicer.

ReputationRep:
    My birthday is 6 days after Results Day! If my results aren't too good, the time in between is gon be :dontknow::dontknow:

The worst feeling ever is when you forget how u felt about each exam which makes u feel 3576455x nervous bc when the gb come out u'll be like wtfff

I don't think the gb are a good idea for me tbh :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amanii_ox)
    My birthday is 6 days after Results Day! If my results aren't too good, the time in between is gon be :dontknow::dontknow:

The worst feeling ever is when you forget how u felt about each exam which makes u feel 3576455x nervous bc when the gb come out u'll be like wtfff

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Happy birthday for then!

I'm still sitting here torn whether to actually look or not on the 24th!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and- SaME! Edexcel Maths is my huge worry! Ugh, everyone is contemplating on how high or low the gb's may be for it ...
    Some of them are prettttyyy scary!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and- SaME! Edexcel Maths is my huge worry! Ugh, everyone is contemplating on how high or low the gb's may be for it ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think they'll be very high nor extremely low, though I do think will be slightly higher than last years. But don't worry, A levels are much more rewarding and valuable than GCSE's, so if GCSE's didn't go well, you can always do better in A levels. Don't get your hopes up though

ReputationRep:
    This thread will be so much more active when its like 1-2 days left :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they'll be very high nor extremely low, though I do think will be slightly higher than last years. But don't worry, A levels are much more rewarding and valuable than GCSE's, so if GCSE's didn't go well, you can always do better in A levels. Don't get your hopes up though
    only slightly higher? Last years was awful with low grade boundaries. Surely they'll be a lot higher.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I've noticed the edexcel maths grade boundary predictions are quite varied. I've seen some saying 158 for A* and others saying 169 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris2791)
    predicted A* core science
    I think I just scraped an A*

im doing early entry im in year 10
    That physics exam will probably bring down my grade for chemistry and Biology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extraordinaire)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I've noticed the edexcel maths grade boundary predictions are quite varied. I've seen some saying 158 for A* and others saying 169 :eek:
    Last year was a lot harder than any other year and it showed in the grade boundaries, 155 for A*. This year it was a lot easier and it's likely to go up to about 164 for A*.

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for my results for AS Level on Thursday and was just intrigued about how people feel about their GCSEs so I came on this thread. It's kinda surreal given I was in the exact same position last year. GCSEs are almost always better than you expect because your teacher will always be a harsher marker when it comes to mocks and assessments compared to your actual examiner. A levels do give you that clean slate to start from, but be warned, they're so much harder.

You're absolutely right there. As soon as you get to college/sixth form, your GCSEs will feel pointless. Or at least that was mine and my friends' experience. No matter how bad it may seem now or on results day, so long as you get on to your college courses you want to do, your GCSEs won't matter one bit come that first lesson at college in September, because it's all about A level then, and that's what really matters, so as long as you put the work it next year, it'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miless090)
    Last year was a lot harder than any other year and it showed in the grade boundaries, 155 for A*. This year it was a lot easier and it's likely to go up to about 164 for A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, this years was easier. Compared to 2014, which do you think is harder?

ReputationRep:
    i remember my gcse results day full of mixed emotions

ReputationRep:
    Hi there I'm trollface

ReputationRep:
    Strangely I'm feeling quite excited for results day... these words I'd never thought I'd put together. But I think that I just want to know what I got now, especially since a few letters on a page don't define me as a person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _.Bantersaurus)
    Strangely I'm feeling quite excited for results day... these words I'd never thought I'd put together. But I think that I just want to know what I got now, especially since a few letters on a page don't define me as a person.
    Well said! I know what you mean

ReputationRep:
    From what I've heard, some people (mostly girls) spoil Results Day for literally everyone by crying hysterically. Why? I do not know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _.Bantersaurus)
    Very poetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeMuttitt)
    I'm waiting for my results for AS Level on Thursday and was just intrigued about how people feel about their GCSEs so I came on this thread. It's kinda surreal given I was in the exact same position last year. GCSEs are almost always better than you expect because your teacher will always be a harsher marker when it comes to mocks and assessments compared to your actual examiner. A levels do give you that clean slate to start from, but be warned, they're so much harder.

You're absolutely right there. As soon as you get to college/sixth form, your GCSEs will feel pointless. Or at least that was mine and my friends' experience. No matter how bad it may seem now or on results day, so long as you get on to your college courses you want to do, your GCSEs won't matter one bit come that first lesson at college in September, because it's all about A level then, and that's what really matters, so as long as you put the work it next year, it'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you♥

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My birthday is on the 25th '-'

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.