Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.67%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.24%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    Woah congratulations! I have been trying to get a decent Oddish as I already have the necessary evolution candies.
    Am beginning to think Mr. Mime may have moved into the Slough area now...
    Found 4 today...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a fair idea if pokemon go uses a lot of your data usage? My bill was higher than usual this month but I'm not 100% sure if it because of the app

ReputationRep:
    Caught my first pikachu!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Reports suggesting that region specific Pokemon have been spawning much more frequently today, potentially in preparation for an incoming trading update.

ReputationRep:
    Went to Holland Park today! I caught about 12 bulbasaurs! So good. Almost half way to a venosaur.

ReputationRep:
    Managed to walk 7 km yesterday farming pokeballs from pokestops (from 0 pokeballs to 38!) And going on another walk today to hopefully catch a few new pokemon
    :pika:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanF2000)
    Managed to walk 7 km yesterday farming pokeballs from pokestops (from 0 pokeballs to 38!) And going on another walk today to hopefully catch a few new pokemon
    :pika:
    You need to wander around London.. I think I walked 2km and managed to hit about 30 pokestops.

Not finding anything new recently. I guess that's the problem with sticking to one route.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any apps helpful in helping me find anything in my local area in real time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Does anyone know any apps helpful in helping me find anything in my local area in real time?
    Not an app, but try fastpokemap.se , it's not 100% accurate, but nothing is since Pokevision went down. It gets most of the Pokemon though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    You need to wander around London.. I think I walked 2km and managed to hit about 30 pokestops.

Not finding anything new recently. I guess that's the problem with sticking to one route.
    I live in the East Midlands and I'm using my dad's tablet and his phone's wifi hotspot (don't have a good enough phone to play pokemon go).

But today I managed to walk 11km over 3 hours 15 but my dad's phone ran out at the 1 hour 40 mark so I listened to music on the way back. And I got around 5 pokestops along the way.

ReputationRep:
    That moment you use your last one time use incubator for a 2km egg instead of the infinite use incubator FML

What do people plan/have used their coins on? I've saved up 110 now..

Don't see the point in increasing pokemon storage since I've never been close to 250.
    Don't see the point in increasing bag storage - I've hit almost 1,000 pokestops in 20 days so I'm never going to be short on re-filling my bag if I'm running out

Was tempted to get an egg incubator since I'll be down to my infinite use incubator only?

ReputationRep:
    That moment you use your last one time use incubator for a 2km egg instead of the infinite use incubator FML

Don't see the point in increasing pokemon storage since I've never been close to 250.
    Don't see the point in increasing bag storage - I've hit almost 1,000 pokestops in 20 days so I'm never going to be short on re-filling my bag if I'm running out

Was tempted to get an egg incubator since I'll be down to my infinite use incubator only?
    I spend 90% of all my coins on incubators tbh. Stopped doing that now though, they're just a sinkhole. Never get anything good from them. Bag storage is alright because it means you can carry **** tonnes of ultra balls and great balls. Could also save it for those lucky eggs that you'll need.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you spend the coins on incubators? Are 10k eggs really that worth it?

ReputationRep:

Currently have 150 coins now and am planning on spending my coins on upgrading my bag. Keep having issues where I'm running out of Pokeballs so, makes sense.
    After that, will upgrade my Pokemon storage to around 500, then MAYBE a bit more or incubators.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    I spend 90% of all my coins on incubators tbh. Stopped doing that now though, they're just a sinkhole. Never get anything good from them. Bag storage is alright because it means you can carry **** tonnes of ultra balls and great balls. Could also save it for those lucky eggs that you'll need.
    I've currently got about 50 pokeballs, 50 great balls and 50 ultra balls (and I'm regularly dumping pokeballs). Yea I'll need more lucky eggs later but I've still got 3 in hand which should last me a few levels. 80 coins isn't too bad either so I think I can pick up lucky eggs later when needed?

Currently have 150 coins now and am planning on spending my coins on upgrading my bag. Keep having issues where I'm running out of Pokeballs so, makes sense.
    After that, will upgrade my Pokemon storage to around 500, then MAYBE a bit more or incubators.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you hold that many pokemon? I always have between 100-150 at most.

ReputationRep:
    I've currently got about 50 pokeballs, 50 great balls and 50 ultra balls (and I'm regularly dumping pokeballs). Yea I'll need more lucky eggs later but I've still got 3 in hand which should last me a few levels. 80 coins isn't too bad either so I think I can pick up lucky eggs later when needed?

Do you hold that many pokemon? I always have between 100-150 at most.
    No, but I am beginning to amass an army of Pidgies because I am planning on evolving them for loads of exp for when I choose to activate my lucky egg. =)
    Currently level 21 with nearly 400 pidgy candy.

Am amassing an army of Pidgy, Ratatta, Spearow and the odd Drowzee.

ReputationRep:
    No, but I am beginning to amass an army of Pidgies because I am planning on evolving them for loads of exp for when I choose to activate my lucky egg. =)

ReputationRep:

Fair enough. I'm doing the same and currently have 53 evolutions ready with about 25 pidgeys to be evolved (280 candies). I think I'll use my lucky egg soon which should take me from lv 21 to 22 too

That moment when, having been disappointed by a 10k egg producing a kabuto and getting 2x rattata and 1x magikarp from 2k eggs, you find a wild Lapras at CP 1400

My new highest pokemon!

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to upgrade my bag by tomorrow. =)

The 2 gyms in my local area haven't been taken for a few days now (go team Instinct!) and there is another one nearby within a 30(ish) minute walk. So will go down to it tomorrow and claim it (even if it is for just 10 seconds)...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to upgrade my bag by tomorrow. =)

The 2 gyms in my local area haven't been taken for a few days now (go team Instinct!) and there is another one nearby within a 30(ish) minute walk. So will go down to it tomorrow and claim it (even if it is for just 10 seconds)...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done - I've been lazing on gyms for the last few days (busy work/home not leaving much time for visiting gyms)...but managed to visit new places and find lots (well lots by my measure) of new pokemon (Pikachu, Mr Mime, Tentacool, Doduo - and a bunch of extra Meowth and Magnemites)....Ended up with no pokeballs though a few times (saw a ponyta when I was all out :moon: ) so I'm definitely upgrading my bag once I get another 50 coins :yes:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.