The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DanF2000
Managed to walk 7 km yesterday farming pokeballs from pokestops (from 0 pokeballs to 38!) And going on another walk today to hopefully catch a few new pokemon :smile:
:pika:

You need to wander around London.. I think I walked 2km and managed to hit about 30 pokestops.

Not finding anything new recently. I guess that's the problem with sticking to one route.
Does anyone know any apps helpful in helping me find anything in my local area in real time?
Original post by Scienceisgood
Does anyone know any apps helpful in helping me find anything in my local area in real time?

Not an app, but try fastpokemap.se , it's not 100% accurate, but nothing is since Pokevision went down. It gets most of the Pokemon though.
Original post by Zerforax
You need to wander around London.. I think I walked 2km and managed to hit about 30 pokestops.

Not finding anything new recently. I guess that's the problem with sticking to one route.

I live in the East Midlands and I'm using my dad's tablet and his phone's wifi hotspot (don't have a good enough phone to play pokemon go).

But today I managed to walk 11km over 3 hours 15 but my dad's phone ran out at the 1 hour 40 mark so I listened to music on the way back. And I got around 5 pokestops along the way.
That moment you use your last one time use incubator for a 2km egg instead of the infinite use incubator :frown: FML

:colonhash:

What do people plan/have used their coins on? I've saved up 110 now..

Don't see the point in increasing pokemon storage since I've never been close to 250.
Don't see the point in increasing bag storage - I've hit almost 1,000 pokestops in 20 days so I'm never going to be short on re-filling my bag if I'm running out

Was tempted to get an egg incubator since I'll be down to my infinite use incubator only?
(edited 7 years ago)
That moment you use your last one time use incubator for a 2km egg instead of the infinite use incubator :frown: FML

Don't see the point in increasing pokemon storage since I've never been close to 250.
Don't see the point in increasing bag storage - I've hit almost 1,000 pokestops in 20 days so I'm never going to be short on re-filling my bag if I'm running out

Was tempted to get an egg incubator since I'll be down to my infinite use incubator only?

I spend 90% of all my coins on incubators tbh. Stopped doing that now though, they're just a sinkhole. Never get anything good from them. Bag storage is alright because it means you can carry **** tonnes of ultra balls and great balls. Could also save it for those lucky eggs that you'll need.
Why would you spend the coins on incubators? Are 10k eggs really that worth it?

Currently have 150 coins now and am planning on spending my coins on upgrading my bag. Keep having issues where I'm running out of Pokeballs so, makes sense.
After that, will upgrade my Pokemon storage to around 500, then MAYBE a bit more or incubators.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tomtjl
I spend 90% of all my coins on incubators tbh. Stopped doing that now though, they're just a sinkhole. Never get anything good from them. Bag storage is alright because it means you can carry **** tonnes of ultra balls and great balls. Could also save it for those lucky eggs that you'll need.

I've currently got about 50 pokeballs, 50 great balls and 50 ultra balls (and I'm regularly dumping pokeballs). Yea I'll need more lucky eggs later but I've still got 3 in hand which should last me a few levels. 80 coins isn't too bad either so I think I can pick up lucky eggs later when needed?

Currently have 150 coins now and am planning on spending my coins on upgrading my bag. Keep having issues where I'm running out of Pokeballs so, makes sense.
After that, will upgrade my Pokemon storage to around 500, then MAYBE a bit more or incubators.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you hold that many pokemon? I always have between 100-150 at most.
I've currently got about 50 pokeballs, 50 great balls and 50 ultra balls (and I'm regularly dumping pokeballs). Yea I'll need more lucky eggs later but I've still got 3 in hand which should last me a few levels. 80 coins isn't too bad either so I think I can pick up lucky eggs later when needed?

Do you hold that many pokemon? I always have between 100-150 at most.

No, but I am beginning to amass an army of Pidgies because I am planning on evolving them for loads of exp for when I choose to activate my lucky egg. =)
Currently level 21 with nearly 400 pidgy candy.

Am amassing an army of Pidgy, Ratatta, Spearow and the odd Drowzee.
No, but I am beginning to amass an army of Pidgies because I am planning on evolving them for loads of exp for when I choose to activate my lucky egg. =)

Fair enough. I'm doing the same and currently have 53 evolutions ready with about 25 pidgeys to be evolved (280 candies). I think I'll use my lucky egg soon which should take me from lv 21 to 22 too :smile:

That moment when, having been disappointed by a 10k egg producing a kabuto and getting 2x rattata and 1x magikarp from 2k eggs, you find a wild Lapras at CP 1400 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

My new highest pokemon!
Hoping to upgrade my bag by tomorrow. =)

The 2 gyms in my local area haven't been taken for a few days now (go team Instinct!) and there is another one nearby within a 30(ish) minute walk. So will go down to it tomorrow and claim it (even if it is for just 10 seconds)...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hoping to upgrade my bag by tomorrow. =)

The 2 gyms in my local area haven't been taken for a few days now (go team Instinct!) and there is another one nearby within a 30(ish) minute walk. So will go down to it tomorrow and claim it (even if it is for just 10 seconds)...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done - I've been lazing on gyms for the last few days (busy work/home not leaving much time for visiting gyms)...but managed to visit new places and find lots (well lots by my measure) of new pokemon (Pikachu, Mr Mime, Tentacool, Doduo - and a bunch of extra Meowth and Magnemites)....Ended up with no pokeballs though a few times (saw a ponyta when I was all out :moon: ) so I'm definitely upgrading my bag once I get another 50 coins :yes:
Fair enough. I'm doing the same and currently have 53 evolutions ready with about 25 pidgeys to be evolved (280 candies). I think I'll use my lucky egg soon which should take me from lv 21 to 22 too :smile:

That moment when, having been disappointed by a 10k egg producing a kabuto and getting 2x rattata and 1x magikarp from 2k eggs, you find a wild Lapras at CP 1400 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

My new highest pokemon!

You want a crap Pokemon from a 10k egg? Pray you don't get one of these...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471870956.196064.jpg

Max CP is like 700 and something...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Found this app called RadarGo and is super useful in locating nearby Pokemon, helped me find a nearby Squirtle and Pikachu today. =D

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471883758.061362.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
You want a crap Pokemon from a 10k egg? Pray you don't get one of these...

Max CP is like 700 and something...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea I hatched an Onyx before.

I think I've had 2x Magmar, Scyther, Onyx, Omanyte and Kabuto from my 10k eggs..

EDIT: added another 61,000 XP with my third lucky egg. Was about 55 evolutions (with 4 new and also traded in 2 pidgey evo worth at the end as had 4 minutes left after 55 evolutions). I think next time I should aim for having 65 evos ready but I'm so impatient each time.

Level 22 now so making decent progress. I imagine you have to use one lucky egg per level by this point since need 100k xp (have done 18k xp so far).

How do people feel about high CP pokemon with terrible move sets? I've got a CP 1150 Seaking with peck (flying) and icy wind (ice) moves so no water move to get STAB. I think in Pokemon Go the STAB is 1.25x? Seems to me getting pokemon with the right moveset is better than trying to get perfect IVs.

If you have the STAB + super effective damage due to type advantage, you're looking at just over 1.5x damage amount which puts you way ahead in comparison. I'll probably carry on using my CP 950 Vaporeon over my CP 1100+ Starmie and Seaking due to move type :frown:

Got about 10 pokemon over CP 1000 now but only half of them seem useful due to terrible movesets?
(edited 7 years ago)
Honestly, I have not even considered attacks yet...but that is a very good point. Then again, I have heard that every evolution you get random movesets so focusing on IV is the only thing you can do and hope the evolution gives a good moveset.

But atm I am just farming Pidgeys again, I really want my next lucky egg evolution cycle, since the next one will include my 95% IV Magikarp.

That should already get me way on the way to level 24 since by the time I have 70 evolutions (I am aiming for 70, I think I can do it with concentration) I will almost be 23 anyway.
Yea I hatched an Onyx before.

I think I've had 2x Magmar, Scyther, Onyx, Omanyte and Kabuto from my 10k eggs..

EDIT: added another 61,000 XP with my third lucky egg. Was about 55 evolutions (with 4 new and also traded in 2 pidgey evo worth at the end as had 4 minutes left after 55 evolutions). I think next time I should aim for having 65 evos ready but I'm so impatient each time.

Level 22 now so making decent progress. I imagine you have to use one lucky egg per level by this point since need 100k xp (have done 18k xp so far).

How do people feel about high CP pokemon with terrible move sets? I've got a CP 1150 Seaking with peck (flying) and icy wind (ice) moves so no water move to get STAB. I think in Pokemon Go the STAB is 1.25x? Seems to me getting pokemon with the right moveset is better than trying to get perfect IVs.

If you have the STAB + super effective damage due to type advantage, you're looking at just over 1.5x damage amount which puts you way ahead in comparison. I'll probably carry on using my CP 950 Vaporeon over my CP 1100+ Starmie and Seaking due to move type :frown:

Got about 10 pokemon over CP 1000 now but only half of them seem useful due to terrible movesets?

22 is around 1 lucky egg per level, yeah, 23/24/25/26 goes up to 2 though D:

STAB is 1.2x damage, with a type advantage giving 1.25x, meaning if you have both you'll have exactly 1.5x damage against the opponent. Unfortunately, movesets are random upon capture/evolution and there is no way to change them (hoping they introduce a TM system or a move change system for 25 coins or such). Seaking is a particularly bad Pokemon for gym battles anyway, at least in my experience.

Evolved a lucky egg set of Pokemon earlier, including my second Gyarados. I got Bite and Twister AGAIN for **** sake. This Gyarados is around 1800 too -_-. Also evolved my Dragonair into Dragonite and his moveset is Steel Wing and Dragon Claw, which is okay but not really great :/.

So, in conclusion, movesets are damn important. A great Pokemon with a terrible moveset can screw you over.
Original post by tomtjl

Evolved a lucky egg set of Pokemon earlier, including my second Gyarados. I got Bite and Twister AGAIN for **** sake. This Gyarados is around 1800 too -_-. Also evolved my Dragonair into Dragonite and his moveset is Steel Wing and Dragon Claw, which is okay but not really great :/.

So, in conclusion, movesets are damn important. A great Pokemon with a terrible moveset can screw you over.

How do I know how good a Pokemon's moveset is?

Quick Reply

Latest