Turn on thread page Beta

The Official TSR Fantasy Football Premier League 2016/17 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I was gonna swap Firmino for Coutinho...and then Firmino scored.

Sigh...think I'm better off swapping out Snodgrass due to his injury.
    I think for the first half dozen games they were just a massive frustration, but it looks as though they're really finding their feet, and Sturridge and Origi offer little threat to them so I think doubling up is looking pretty sound. They will of course double blank now

this week 62 once the baps roll in with Austin, Luks, Allen and Shawcross to play

ReputationRep:
    Should have 65 with bonuses, payet costa redmond pieters Williams left. After weeks of getting 30/40 such as relief.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    @sr90, not that I'm in a position to give advice but I'd consider dropping Sterling, Son, Benteke and Mata. Coutinho/Payet perhaps? Austin?

Ibra/Fletcher to Coutinho and someone cheap. Any recs?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    @sr90, not that I'm in a position to give advice but I'd consider dropping Sterling, Son, Benteke and Mata. Coutinho/Payet perhaps? Austin?

Ibra/Fletcher to Coutinho and someone cheap. Any recs?
    Yep agree with all that plus Valencia as well cos he's injured. I have no choice but to take a 12 point hit this week to remove him Son Sterling & Mata. Benteke will get another week and can go over the international break if he does nothing.

At least I've got 74 with Lukaku still to play (who always scores against West Ham) so I can justify taking a hit with a big score, average on FFS seems to be half that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    25 points. FFS. I'm going to plummet unless Costa scores two goals tomorrow.

Seriously considering an 8 point hit to remove Walcott, Sterling and Valencia. Should probably rid Monreal too but a 12 point hit is insane when -8 of that is from defenders. I can just sub him and remove with a free next week.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    50 points [including 10 coming from the bench] with 4 to play. Much better than last 3 or so GWs already.

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed with 57 so far, but up into 20k for the first time with 3 to play.

Made a large mistake not going with Firmino and Austin over Lallana and Benteke, though hindsight is a fine thing - everything else went pretty well mainly.

ReputationRep:
    Somehow managed to blag my way into 3rd in this league despite spending 5 mins a week on my team and forgetting Friday fixtures half the time

ReputationRep:
    58 points but the vast bulk from Sanchez and Aguero. I think I'll change Son and Snodgrass for next week. Need to take Deeney out too..
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Goal and an assist for Lukaku, when Lovren gets subbed in I'll have 83pts plus any bonus points Lukaku might get.

Makes up for my two *****y weeks and allows me to take a 12pt hit to completely sort out the mess that is my midfield. Fantastic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Goal and an assist for Lukaku, when Lovren gets subbed in I'll have 83pts plus any bonus points Lukaku might get.

Makes up for my two *****y weeks and allows me to take a 12pt hit to completely sort out the mess that is my midfield. Fantastic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Considering you're top (last time I checked), surely your midfield can't be that bad?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Considering you're top (last time I checked), surely your midfield can't be that bad?
    Son & Sterling have done nothing for weeks and I had to replace Walcott since he was injured, went with Mata and that backfired. Most of my points have come from strikers.

86pts all in, don't have anyone in the Saints Chelsea game.

ReputationRep:
    Making Costa my captain is really going to cost me. Potentially the biggest mistake of the season if he fails to score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Son & Sterling have done nothing for weeks and I had to replace Walcott since he was injured, went with Mata and that backfired. Most of my points have come from strikers.

86pts all in, don't have anyone in the Saints Chelsea game.
    I've got Sterling but I'm holding off as they've got Borough at home next up.

Pretty good week then for you! I'm on 74 with Courtois and Costa playing atm, and potentially Amat coming off my bench if he plays tomorrow, although I can't see it happening. Otherwise it's Johnny Evans, which adds nothing
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Costa :woohoo:

ReputationRep:
    Panic over, but it's going to take a hat-trick to save my game week.

My strikers are all on fire this season but my midfield may as well not exist.

ReputationRep:
    Don't have lukaku or hazard but really want one of them...already have costa but can't afford all three.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by WesterosWildling)
    Don't have lukaku or hazard but really want one of them...already have costa but can't afford all three.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't need Hazard and Costa, one is enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    66 points with Allen to play tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    76 with Grant to play is decent.

Considering taking out Sanchez simply to balance a team out as he's too expensive for someone I'm not going to captain 90% of the time. Aside from two nice home games in the next 7, the other 5 aren't great, so I may take the risk to bring in Hazard who is better value and will probably match Sanchez to the end of the season, which then also allows me to upgrade Sterling/Walcott to Firmino and bring in a Chelsea defender for A. Williams who has nasty fixtures. Definitely just talked my way into doing this one!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.