Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by eve_22)
Harris Manchester College, Oxford-Law!

Came through the post today!!!!
WELL DONE!

Aw, I'm so proud of you, I know how much you wanted it and how much you've been worrying! Well done!
asb1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
woo congrats on the oxford offer
DIVAlaDES
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by shadowsintherain)
UCL...waiting to officially accept it until I get my rejection from cambridge!
dont b so pessimistic lol at least u got an interview! (which for the record is more than me at oxford lol- i blame lnat not to be bitter tho lol)
my philosophy behind it is that u shud aim as high as u can get- the greater the challenge the bigger the reward but hey wat do i kno
good luck on cambridge which college u applied?
x
Sephaeii
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
List updated!

I had a minor technical issue part way through, so if one of your offers posted recently was from a university in the second part of the list (ie from LSE onwards) please check that it is up, and if not, give me a nudge!

Just want to say good luck to the Oxford applicants, who can expect their letters any day from now, and a HUGE congratulations again to eve_22 for receiving the first TSR Oxford Law 09 offer!
Ruhell
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Strange, this is exactly the reason I decided not to accept LSE!
I don't understand tho what the problem is if there are loads of foreign students (53% I think)

Surely that is part of the appeal of the LSE, that it is a cosmopolitan university in an extremely diverse and cosmopolitan city. I personally feel it would be awesome to be in a class with students from all corners of the world, it would make the course much more exciting and culturally broadening.

I understand that the social aspect of the LSE may suffer as a result, but there are many bars/clubs in London which offer something different. :yep:

But if people want to remain quite narrow-minded and not go to a university over such trivial things then it really does make one wonder.:confused:
stranger101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Got an offer from University of Birmingham today for AAA.
icysquall
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Got an offer from Oxford today. I'm ridiculously happy.
Divide By Zero
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by icysquall)
Got an offer from Oxford today. I'm ridiculously happy.
Congrats.
thelawstudent91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've just got offers from Manchester (AAA) and Leicester (AAA) !
Still waiting on Nottingham, UCL and Kings though.
Last edited by thelawstudent91; 9 years ago
Gordon404
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sephaeii)
G28 University of Glasgow

Law
RockyRoad - unconditional

Law with German
Law with German ... that would be me ^^ AAB
yevgeniyaa
Report 9 years ago

omgshh... well donee!!!
samanthaelizabeth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
arghhh....i want to hear from Cambridge!!!!!
shadowsintherain
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ruhell)
I don't understand tho what the problem is if there are loads of foreign students (53% I think)

Surely that is part of the appeal of the LSE, that it is a cosmopolitan university in an extremely diverse and cosmopolitan city. I personally feel it would be awesome to be in a class with students from all corners of the world, it would make the course much more exciting and culturally broadening.

I understand that the social aspect of the LSE may suffer as a result, but there are many bars/clubs in London which offer something different. :yep:

But if people want to remain quite narrow-minded and not go to a university over such trivial things then it really does make one wonder.:confused:
My reasoning is not that it is a trivial thing, but from what I saw when I was up there there were "pools" of people chatting to each other from the same region in their own language. For me there were not any signs of integration between people, just segregation dependant on where you came from. That's what I experienced anyway. Overall I found UCL to be a much happier place. I don't think you can distinguish between any of my universities in terms of their reputation, so that's all I can really base my application on!
Dil-Emma
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sephaeii)
List updated!

I had a minor technical issue part way through, so if one of your offers posted recently was from a university in the second part of the list (ie from LSE onwards) please check that it is up, and if not, give me a nudge!
My Kent Offer is for M104 - Law with a Year in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (China), not M100.
Thanks ^_^
Sabeen
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How long do kings and UCL usually take to reply to offers? I took my LNAT on 28th November but still havent heard anything. Is this a bad sign?
Bubble_m
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My reasoning is not that it is a trivial thing, but from what I saw when I was up there there were "pools" of people chatting to each other from the same region in their own language. For me there were not any signs of integration between people, just segregation dependant on where you came from. That's what I experienced anyway. Overall I found UCL to be a much happier place. I don't think you can distinguish between any of my universities in terms of their reputation, so that's all I can really base my application on!
I know from first-hand experience (staying with a close friend of mine a fair bit at LSE) that this is true. That's why I'm questioning this year if i want to go to LSE- it all seems a bit cold. Some people seem to come strictly for the reputation and dont involve themselves in anything other than academia. Fair enough, but i want a more rounded experience...
I'm probs gonna get a lot of abuse hurled at me for this post hah.
Incoherence
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

omgomgomg, now u dont have to worry so much abt the other offers anymore!!! Congrats!!!
gi.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hey Sabeen, i took my LNAT on the 28th of nov too... haven't heard from KCL as well..
Chardonae_Rowen
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
got offer from Oxford, Balliol, conditional on me attaining 1 further A
andymt
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oxford offer see signature!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (517)
91.5%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (48)
8.5%

Watched Threads