The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
emmmily
i cannot stop thinking about leeds fest! im even planning outfits in my head, loser!

And you are whats wrong with how the festivals have become recently..
emmmily
i cannot stop thinking about leeds fest! im even planning outfits in my head, loser!

Oh dear.. first time festival goer, oui?
Oh give her a break, by outfits she could have meant she was dressing up as the Green Giant or something, which I personally do think is awesome, and is a laugh when people do it (despite what some cynical bastards decide to say).
However I think that's unlikely.
Reply 1423
brokenheroes
Oh dear.. first time festival goer, oui?

No, third year at Leeds, second at V thank you very much!
Reply 1424
Reue

And don't you sound old. What exactly have festivals become recently? Places where people dress nicely?! I do apologise
Reply 1425
Reue

leave her alone, not all of us want to spend the weekend looking like we havn't washed!
Reply 1426
LdnShmoo
leave her alone, not all of us want to spend the weekend looking like we havn't washed!

Please, spare me.

We both know she was not regarding simply to washing, but to continuing this recent belief that attending a music festival is now seen as a fashion item.
Reply 1427
emmmily
And don't you sound old. What exactly have festivals become recently? Places where people dress nicely?! I do apologise

Old? No

Annoyed that ticket prices have been pushed up and impossible for many to get tickets because the festival is now filled with tonnes of indie kids who care more about how they look then actually seeing the bands? Very much so.
Reply 1428
Reue
Please, spare me.

We both know she was not regarding simply to washing, but to continuing this recent belief that attending a music festival is now seen as a fashion item.

maybe to some people yes, i'll admit i've seen my fair share of annoying little 15 year old indie kids off their head on pills or whatever, but does this mean you either go for the music or go to 'look cool' ?! is it that impossible to want to go for the music and dress well at the same time?! get over it, everyone has as much right to be there as the next person.
i just go for the wristband, i see it as a somewhat exclusive piece of jewellery

it's worth having to sit through those loud bands

:rolleyes:
Reply 1430
Reue
Old? No

Annoyed that ticket prices have been pushed up and impossible for many to get tickets because the festival is now filled with tonnes of indie kids who care more about how they look then actually seeing the bands? Very much so.

Oh dear please get off your high horse, everyone has the same right to be there. And hell no I am not spending nearly £400 on festival tickets to look good, or cool. I am going for the same reason that I went last year, and the year before for the music. You don't deserve to be there more than me, just because you're not bothered about your appearance or the fact that you've been to more festivals than I have!
And I'm not 15 thankyou!
emmmily

I hate to be the one to point this out, but do you realise you have spelt Lincolnshire wrong? :p:
Reply 1432
Melting Sugar.
I hate to be the one to point this out, but do you realise you have spelt Lincolnshire wrong? :p:

haha yes, yes I have! I never noticed that
emmmily
haha yes, yes I have! I never noticed that

Ahh right.. I wasn't sure if you'd done it on purpose :p:

I'm living there at the moment too unfortunately. :rolleyes:
Reply 1434
Melting Sugar.
Ahh right.. I wasn't sure if you'd done it on purpose :p:

I'm living there at the moment too unfortunately. :rolleyes:

No that was accidental lol, oh lucky you, isn't it great :rolleyes:
emmmily
No that was accidental lol, oh lucky you, isn't it great :rolleyes:

yeah :rolleyes: gotta love how green it is :rolleyes:
emmmily

People like you amaze me, i don't know how you can do it, teach me pleeeaaaase!
i tried to keep clean but epically failed :P
Reply 1437
joshp1407
People like you amaze me, i don't know how you can do it, teach me pleeeaaaase!
i tried to keep clean but epically failed :P

Haha teach you what?
I'm not saying I do usually end up looking nice, I try my hardest but do end up a dirty mess usually!
emmmily
Haha teach you what?
I'm not saying I do usually end up looking nice, I try my hardest but do end up a dirty mess usually!

haha fair enough, the clothes i suppose aint bad, can just lay them out to avoid creases. its mainly with like hair, within 2 days it just looks like a greasy curly mess! No straighteners=epic mess

don't help that i get earlys every time :/
Reue
filled with tonnes of indie kids who care more about how they look then actually seeing the bands? Very much so.

I'll be honest, for me the bands are kinda second in the list of priorities. If I went to a festival for bands then Reading would so far not be my festival of choice. It's the atmosphere of the campsite and the community that Reading festival holds! I knew I was going to Reading (or at least would try to) before even any of the rumours were out.
I could assume there would be some good bands atleast playing this year, which there are and will be more, and therefore I knew Reading was the place for me again. And I can assure you this is one of the main reasons a huge amount of other Reading festival goers.

Luckily the nobbish indie kids and sunday riots didn't affect me last year, and if they do this year I may change my mind about this.

Latest