Current Year 12 Thread Mark I (2012-2013) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Cubic
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by g.k.galloway)
Very well thank you Are you happy with how you did?
Mhm, what about you?
Endless Blue
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Deziah)
Thanks! Are you getting any remarks? :-)
Maybe in History. I'm going to talk it over with my teacher and exams officer. I got a comfortable A* in the mock and I thought the exams went better than that so I was slightly disappointed. It's my favourite and best (I thought) subject and I might consider doing a degree in it at uni. I'm 7 UMS off which is quite a bit but I found the exams easy and the boundaries are so low! Confused. Coursework was a right let down as well
Deziah
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by benpearson1)
Maybe in History. I'm going to talk it over with my teacher and exams officer. I got a comfortable A* in the mock and I thought the exams went better than that so I was slightly disappointed. It's my favourite and best (I thought) subject and I might consider doing a degree in it at uni. I'm 7 UMS off which is quite a bit but I found the exams easy and the boundaries are so low! Confused. Coursework was a right let down as well
Aw, I know the feeling.
I love French and I'd love to have to the option to it at university, and I am literally one mark off the A.
Do you have any idea how long they take? :-)
Endless Blue
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Aw, I know the feeling.
I love French and I'd love to have to the option to it at university, and I am literally one mark off the A.
Do you have any idea how long they take? :-)
No, I have absolutely no idea. Sorry!

I think it's about a month or so (going by my friend who got a remark last year)? :dontknow:
berryripple
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ElMoro)
Massive congrats on your AS results! :woo:

Spoiler:
Show
6 A* and 4 A but I got a C in one of my english lang units so I'm getting that remarked and it might get bumped up to an A*
thank you

Well done on your GCSEs, really great, and good luck with your remark
usycool1
Badges: 19
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by ElMoro)
I think I did my comeback post like 2 weeks ago but I've been away since then... soooo comeback v2 :cool:

Hope everyone's results went well I'm pleased with mine

Spoiler:
Show

:hi: guys! (sorry if I've missed any one out )
Hmmm...ElMoro...the name does ring a bell...

How's life mate? And welcome back again :awesome:
shmuxel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was in the local paper! Talking about my 13A*s....
Order 66
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Phew... all that worry for nothing...
>Untitled<
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi everyone Hope everyone got what they wanted today, for me it certainly was worth it after so many nightmares! Really really happy, how did everyone do?
multiplexing-gamer
Badges: 2
Report 6 years ago
I dreamed I'd get 99 UMS in RE, and I did! How weird is that?!
Endless Blue
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
I dreamed I'd get 99 UMS in RE, and I did! How weird is that?!
Didn't know you were doing Geog a level?
multiplexing-gamer
Report 6 years ago
Didn't know you were doing Geog a level?
I changed my mind just before enrolment tomorrow. I don't think Physics will benefit me if I apply for History, and I'm not that strong in it, and therefore might not get an A, and thus will get rejected from Cambridge and other top unis, because of a subject that is not important to my undergraduate studies. Why do you ask? You doing it?
Endless Blue
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I changed my mind just before enrolment tomorrow. I don't think Physics will benefit me if I apply for History, and I'm not that strong in it, and therefore might not get an A, and thus will get rejected from Cambridge and other top unis, because of a subject that is not important to my undergraduate studies. Why do you ask? You doing it?
No, I'm not doing it . Just saw your A-Levels spoiler in your sig and was just surprised and wondering. I'm doing Maths, Chemistry, History and Politics with a view to doing any one of: Law, PPE, History, Politics and International Relations at University.

I'm still miffed about my history grade, what about you? I hope it doesn't count against me at all if I apply for a History degree in the future if it stays at an A.
multiplexing-gamer
Report 6 years ago
No, I'm not doing it . Just saw your A-Levels spoiler in your sig and was just surprised and wondering. I'm doing Maths, Chemistry, History and Politics with a view to doing any one of: Law, PPE, History, Politics and International Relations at University.

I'm still miffed about my history grade, what about you? I hope it doesn't count against me at all if I apply for a History degree in the future if it stays at an A.
Yeah I too am shocked as it was always my best subject and revised quite abit for it. Are you on OCR Modern world?
Endless Blue
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah I too am shocked as it was always my best subject and revised quite abit for it. Are you on OCR Modern world?
Nope, I'm on AQA Modern History B. Do you know your a level topics yet?
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm stuck with an A for History and I'm probably applying for a History course. :dontknow:
ArtisticFlair
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Did you do AQA French? :-)
I think I got A in listening, A in reading, A in speaking and B in writing. :-)
I've still got another two weeks until college haha. \:
I do AQA French - I got A* for listening (:O), full marks for reading, A* for speaking and full marks for writing. So amazed!
Endless Blue
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Pandora.)
I'm stuck with an A for History and I'm probably applying for a History course. :dontknow:
I got an A as well . How were the rest of your results?

Are you on AQA History B by any chance?
myyrealname
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
WOO guess this is officially the end of year 11 and GCSEs and everything ahaa
i'm happy with my results and what i've achieved but i know i easily could've done better haha, not that i care that much eek

it's sad to think of the people who are definitely leaving.. have left should i say aw everything's suddenly become so so so so so so so so so so so fooking bittersweet..

summer's seriously gone SO bloomin fast!! the prospect of year 12 is insane but i'm looking forward to it i guess

so i'll leave it as bring on the next year yeaaaa (but not quickly please i wanna stay in summer forever and ever mwah )
Order 66
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Now results are over I don't know what to do with myself for the remainder of the holidays.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (114)
26.21%
No (321)
73.79%

Watched Threads