Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankita_patnaik)
    hey
    i just got my resnet up and everything seems to work except skype. can anyone tell me how to change these proxy settings im supposed to alter? who/what/when?

thanks.
    1.open Skype
    2.go tools->options->connection
    3.type 3128 for use port .... for incoming connections
    4.choose HTTPS and type in http://wwwcache.ed.ac.uk for host and 3128 for port
    5.click save and it should work

ReputationRep:
    how about we all go to the skool disco on wednesday together? i know its short notice but if we could all get people to go and text one another etc, i think we could make it happen...

fingers crossed, eh!
    xxx

ps how are you all enjoying lectures? how are your flats?

ReputationRep:
    I can't do that- sorry!! Politics Society beckons.

Edit: Actually, what's stopping the Pollock folk just getting together tonight or tomorrow? At absorb maybe? Or even outside, just to say hello!

ReputationRep:
    we need someone to organise it. and it's pishing down atm.

ReputationRep:
    Right guys, me and Emma are meeting at Potterrow (outside on the wall) tomorrow at 12:15. Anyone who wants to join us is very welcome.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, michael and i are meeting tomorrow outside potterrow at 12.15 if you wanna come? bring friends if you want, we don't mind, but we really need to get a TSR freshers meet up before its a graduation meet up! so if you just turn up there, outside potter row on the wall at 12.15 we can go and get lunch or something.

And sarah you live bellow me and are in my tutorial, yay!!

ReputationRep:
    hehe we posted at the same time!

ReputationRep:
    Damm im in lectures still but if you tell me where youll be at 1...

ReputationRep:
    I imagine we'll still be in Potterrow. If not, I've PM'd you my mobile, so you can send me a text.

ReputationRep:
    OK, plans have changed- 1:15pm at Potterrow.

ReputationRep:
    Excellant that sounds good to me. Who else is coming?

ReputationRep:
    Well, as far as I know, just me and Emma just now. But I think she said she was going to tell Carly and Kay.

ReputationRep:
    i'm up for it..... like right outside the cash machine bit?

everyone make themselves wee lables for a laugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukas)
    1.open Skype
    2.go tools->options->connection
    3.type 3128 for use port .... for incoming connections
    4.choose HTTPS and type in http://wwwcache.ed.ac.uk for host and 3128 for port
    5.click save and it should work
    thanks so very much!

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if someone could explain me or give reasonable link to how our final degree is calculated, I mean do they take only 3rd and 4th year into account or it consists of credits from whole four years...?? please help

ReputationRep:
    sorry I haven't posted in the last like, 3 weeks - everything has been so crazy! sorry I must have missed so many get togethers. Still don't have resnet (my mac address does not appear to exist...) but I'm trying to get online as often as I have time for. Hope everyone is having the time of their lives and making loads of new friends.

Michaela xx

ReputationRep:
    remember to include the switch /all

as in ipconfig/all when you search for it

start>run>cmd>ipconfig/all

but yeah i don't think meet will ever happen.

ReputationRep:
    Well, a group of us met on Wednesday as planned. However, I'm sure we can arrange something more inclusive. What's good for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelnicholson88)
    Well, a group of us met on Wednesday as planned. However, I'm sure we can arrange something more inclusive. What's good for you?
    rent teviot and have a TSR party?

ReputationRep:
    If you foot the bill...

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.