Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melsonchun)
    Haha, you must have been influenced by Singaporeans.. Singaporean Mindset HHA
    hahah.. very much so im afraid. my teachers also nudged me towards kcl... (it wasnt helped that my lit teacher, who wrote my reference, was from kcl law, and was deputy prosecutor in Singapore courts before)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)
    hahah.. very much so im afraid. my teachers also nudged me towards kcl... (it wasnt helped that my lit teacher, who wrote my personal statement, was from kcl law, and was deputy prosecutor in Singapore courts before)
    Well well, he wrote your PS? hmmm i wrote my academic reference though, sent it to my GP tutor and she kind of approved it after embellishing it further.

ReputationRep:
    Well well, he wrote your PS? hmmm i wrote my academic reference though, sent it to my GP tutor and she kind of approved it after embellishing it further.
    eh PS? oh right. reference. came out wrongly. and the 'he' is a she. my lit teacher is a female.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)
    eh PS? oh right. reference. came out wrongly. and the 'he' is a she. my lit teacher is a female.
    I see the tragedy NS has done to you..

ReputationRep:
    I see the tragedy NS has done to you..
    yes its literally rotting my brains, aided immensely by trying to decipher emails encoded with absolutely nonsensical english used by enciks on a daily basis. luckily enough, i did my UCAS apps 5 months into service.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)
    yes its literally rotting my brains, aided immensely by trying to decipher emails encoded with absolutely nonsensical english used by enciks on a daily basis. luckily enough, i did my UCAS apps 5 months into service.
    Haha, I see. It's only in SAF where you can witness the tragic effect of allocative inefficiency, worst distribution of manpower and uneducated authoritative dictators. Yeah, luckily I did my PS immediately after receiving my A Level results. Currently reading voraciously to prevent my poor brain cells from disintegrating further into the unknown.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I see. It's only in SAF where you can witness the tragic effect of allocative inefficiency, worst distribution of manpower and uneducated authoritative dictators. Yeah, luckily I did my PS immediately after receiving my A Level results. Currently reading voraciously to prevent my poor brain cells from disintegrating further into the unknown.
    hahaha.. reading voraciously... i can see that from your command of vocab. i have been spending quite alot of my meagre NSF allowance at borders/kino as well. devouring like 2 books per week in camp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)
    hahaha.. reading voraciously... i can see that from your command of vocab. i have been spending quite alot of my meagre NSF allowance at borders/kino as well. devouring like 2 books per week in camp.
    Well, you're into books too? I highly recommend "Dreams from my Father' by Barack Obama and "Character is Destiny" by John McCain!

Well, my vocabulary is anything but great. They are just some words that I just managed to type off my fingertips. Well, I am preparing for the LNAT, so it could be a reason too.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you're into books too? I highly recommend "Dreams from my Father' by Barack Obama and "Character is Destiny" by John McCain!

Well, my vocabulary is anything but great. They are just some words that I just managed to type off my fingertips. Well, I am preparing for the LNAT, so it could be a reason too.
    never liked LNAT

ReputationRep:

hahah.. LNAT is a tad overrated i feel. have you tried the SAT I or SAT II lit before? if you can manage SAT Is, LNAT shouldnt really be a problem. you just have a not-exhausted mind when you do the LNAT and be full of ideas and avenues for the essay portion, essentially you will turn out fine for it.

good luck for it in any case.

ahh.. US Politics.. not my strong area of knowledge i feel. im currently reading "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell, just finished "Microtrends" by Mark J. Penn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)
    hahah.. LNAT is a tad overrated i feel. have you tried the SAT I or SAT II lit before? if you can manage SAT Is, LNAT shouldnt really be a problem. you just have a not-exhausted mind when you do the LNAT and be full of ideas and avenues for the essay portion, essentially you will turn out fine for it.

good luck for it in any case.

ahh.. US Politics.. not my strong area of knowledge i feel. im currently reading "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell, just finished "Microtrends" by Mark J. Penn.
    Contrary to popular belief, "Dreams from my Father" is not about US politics. In fact, a huge part of the book is devoted to his struggle in his search of identity - his need to fit in, his need fit the white ideology of how blacks in America should and must behave, his need to carry on and change the landscape for the Black Americans passed on by his father.

An excellent read; I'm left with about 50 pages till the end.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, anyone interested in adding each other on facebook?

ReputationRep:
    By the way, anyone interested in adding each other on facebook?
    sure sure. why not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)
    sure sure. why not.
    Okayy, my email is

Yours?

ReputationRep:
    Okayy, my email is .

Yours?
    i searched your email on facebook. and.. err no result came up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)
    i searched your email on facebook. and.. err no result came up.
    Haha! I tricked you.

ReputationRep:
    Hello people!

Did you all include the reason(s) why you want to study in the UK in your personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    well. i did.. not sure about the others..

if i recall i put why i want to study in the UK and why my particular course.

Check your university's websites, they usually have things like admissions statements and such.. which you can use to see what kind of stuff to put in your PS too.

TSR is not a bad place to look for ideas on how to write your PS

ReputationRep:
    i wrote a sentence or two about studying in the UK- nothing special, just the usual ~broadening my world view~ etc.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i suppose that's what everyone writes...

"I WANT TO SEE THE WORLD" :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.