The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jatz07
I know a guy who committed suicide over her results... really extreme and it was so sad :frown:

Jatz

wait im confused was it a boy or a girl? and yh that is sad RIP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
haha close :wink:

what is the rule for an A* ??? is it you have to get 90+ Ums on ALL A2 exams ???

180/200 from C3/4
Original post by Jatz07
sorry, i meant a guy

correction: his*

Jatz

ok aha just got a little confused when i saw it and i had to find out lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
180/200 from C3/4

ahh okay thankyou :smile:
Reply 1444
Original post by XXSimranXX
ok aha just got a little confused when i saw it and i had to find out lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol? Don't think those are appropriate words my friend! (Assuming this is true. Who kills themselves over results??)
Original post by Taci
Lol? Don't think those are appropriate words my friend! (Assuming this is true. Who kills themselves over results??)

awks i didnt mean it in an offensive way i put lol in a lot if my messages tbh idk y. i guess your right though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heart breaking :lol:

It's amazing! I love languages :moon:

WJEC:
Maths, Englishes, Geography, French, Business, Welsh

AQA:
RE

OCR Gateway: Bio,chem and physics

Edexcel: art

Any similarities?

I have only one matching exam board:
WJEC: English language and literature
AQA: French, Spanish, biology, chemistry, physics, dance
OCR: History (SHP), Additional maths
Edexcel: Maths, RS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CelineBean
Yeah aha. Remembering where all the accents go on letters bugs me! :L
What subjects did you do at GCSE for History? I find the wars abit of a bore tbh, we did Medicine Through Time at GCSE for the last topic which made it a nice break :smile:

I did medicine for GCSE history - were you on OCR? And what was your other topic? We did Germany :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tess_rach
I did medicine for GCSE history - were you on OCR? And what was your other topic? We did Germany :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did Germany! But my other topics were international relations and Britain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1449
Original post by BigBangTheory1
Hi, I also want to do dentistry at uni too and I heard that the NHS system that changed in 2006 ( bands) caused levels of pay to decrease. But actually, dentistry has one of the lowest unemployment rates ( only 1.5% atm!) What a levels are you doing to get into dental school? I'm doing biology, chemistry, maths and geography.

Maths chem bio and history, but considering physics instead of history...
Dont know which to pick :s-smilie:,

yeah dentistry is one of the most safest job areas for employment but that will probably change:mad:

guys I need both pros and cons for history and physics a level! Can't decide which to pick, I'm probably (slightly) better at physics but it bores the hell out of me. I don't really find physics challenging though... I find history really interesting but it seems like a hit and miss subject and it will count as one of my three a levels for my application so it may be risky; can't use maths apparently, because I started it early. :angry: If I do physics that means I won't have much variety, and I've heard that people who do all sciences tend to do worse than people who do three (inc maths)-so basically two sciences or less:colondollar:.
I still have no idea what to do for uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

[URL=http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/
app]Posted from TSR Mobile

Na Edexcel :smile: my other topics were Germany, the Impact of War on Britain and Vietnam :smile:
20 days now exactly!
Reply 1453
I have one result, short course RS which I'm not bothered about anyway.

But I have typical Indian parents...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rcmehta
I have one result, short course RS which I'm not bothered about anyway.

But I have typical Indian parents...

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha do your parents have high expectations of you? Im indian too but my mums actually more supportive to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ooo, I did Medicine too, but instead of Germany I did American West, so boring. What did you do your coursework on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did OCR:biggrin: did u do the schools history project?my topics were germany nd medicine throught time!
Reply 1457
Original post by XXSimranXX
haha do your parents have high expectations of you? Im indian too but my mums actually more supportive to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In most subjects, but even they understand for RS. Both my parents are still pretty supportive though.

I'm more worried about my C1 result...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Am I the only Non Indian origin?:colone:

Without the technicalities though
Am I the only Non Indian origin?:colone:

Without the technicalities though

Nope, I'm English and Irish, couldn't be much further away 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest