Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amz1217)
    Does anyone know when the Universities get our results? Our fates will be determined then...

Posted from TSR Mobile

tomorrow and sunday. ucas already have all our grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Padouken)
    Anyone do AQA Chem5 here?
    I did

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amz1217)
    Does anyone know when the Universities get our results? Our fates will be determined then...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Usually 3 days before. But your fate has probably already been decided, scripts have been marked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wontdeny)
    The design was far easier for me, I hated writing about any of it though. The wire frame diagrams destroyed me; my website was 180 pages or something ridiculous like that!

They did change the weighting of it this year though, the coursework is only worth 40% now. It seems unfair that we have to put the same effort in for less marks, but at the same time the exam is so much more straight forward that it seems a pretty good exchange.
    I am kind of glad of that because i'm really bad at coursework (well not that bad) and i'd prefer the exam. I think I messed up those wire things because my teacher confused me. Although she did look at them so hopefully theres nothing wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidM95)
    I repeated the Russia AS exam in January and went way up. Repeated Germany in June.. Not sure what to think. Did Russia 1900-2000 (A2) and 1900-1925 Irish history as well.. We were in the same dilemma as you, the teacher assured us that HR would be the source so no-one learnt historiography for it and therefore couldn't really do an essay on it. It was dreadful!
    I was meant to repeat the Russia exam in January, however due to the snow I couldn't make it in, was meant to repeat it this summer then instead but ended up too sick to do it disaster haha! Wasn't it the worst! We did exactly the same, our teacher didn't stop saying 'Don't learn any historiography, it won't be the essay' and then Sinn Fein came up as sources, oh I nearly cried! My whole class just turned around, looked at each other and started laughing! The examiners had to tell us to shut up haha! Hopefully everyone's in the same boat as us and the mark boundaries go way down!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by PQ)
    they take track down overnight usually so you can't stay logged in to it
    Just to reiterate this to everyone planning on hitting refresh all night...

you won't be able to stay logged int because UCAS will kick you out the night before.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if track opens at 6am, or if it is likely to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Hotpie)
    I'm donating blood for the very first time on Monday.... This will give me something different to be terrified about for a change :laugh:
    That's very noble of you :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdoo)
    Yeah thanks for this. Although I am not doing it at UNI I am really interested by it probably why I chose to do my EPQ on it as I am doing how mental hospitals have changed in the last 60 years? Remember Rosenhan from AS I was really interested by it as it was based in the 1970s so I have chosen to do it for my EPQ haha.:cool:

Questions is health psychology purely about mental disorders or are there other things that you learn about?
    Rosenhan, what a classic study! Oh, which reminds me, if you're using AS studies for G544 (I did, my teacher said it would be easiest) then make sure you keep revising them throughout the year
    You do learn about lots of types of mental disorders, so things like psychotic disorders. You also learn about diagnosis, so about the ICD diagnostic manual in comparison with the DSM, and there is also a study about sex biases in diagnosis (how there is a tendency for doctors to diagnose based on gender rather than actual symptoms).
    Dysfunctional behaviour is another big topic which is very similar to disorders. The two cross over a lot (we did the same studies both for treating disorders and for treating dysfunctional behaviour). There is also an emphasis on causes of mental disorders (either dysfunctional behaviour or disorders).
    The final other topic we did was stress. This included studies on measuring stress, so using Likert scales etc, and causes of stress (things like lack of control). Even in this topic there were studies using participants with mental disorders. So the vast majority of studies use participants with some sort of mental disorder, but your job is to use the study in relation to treatment of stress or whatever other topic it has been put into (and ultimately manipulate the study in a way which will answer the question).
    Hope that helps! If you feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of studies, just remember that everyone else is in the same boat

ReputationRep:
    Had my first results day-related nightmare last night.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ytop2)
    does anyone know if track opens at 6am, or if it is likely to?
    It'll probably be closer to 8am than 6am but it wouldn't be unfeasable for it to open soon after 6am...it's just more likely to be after 7am.

Depends how things are going with the techy bods at UCAS HQ

ReputationRep:
    How did you find it?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by PQ)
    Just to reiterate this to everyone planning on hitting refresh all night...

you won't be able to stay logged int because UCAS will kick you out the night before.
    I'll only try from 7 am onwards

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably be getting up around 6 anyway to get to school for 7am for results. So I'll check track once or twice before I leave, although it's unlikely that it'll have updated by then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessie7003)
    I was meant to repeat the Russia exam in January, however due to the snow I couldn't make it in, was meant to repeat it this summer then instead but ended up too sick to do it disaster haha! Wasn't it the worst! We did exactly the same, our teacher didn't stop saying 'Don't learn any historiography, it won't be the essay' and then Sinn Fein came up as sources, oh I nearly cried! My whole class just turned around, looked at each other and started laughing! The examiners had to tell us to shut up haha! Hopefully everyone's in the same boat as us and the mark boundaries go way down!!

Here's hoping! Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    I'll probably be getting up around 6 anyway to get to school for 7am for results. So I'll check track once or twice before I leave, although it's unlikely that it'll have updated by then.
    School at 7am? wow.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    If you want to pass some time, join in on the countdown!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2414069

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else a bit overly excited to start uni shopping? I bought some cute patterned bowls to take with me on a whim today cos they were in the sale and it got me all excited! I'm so excited to get all the rest of my stuff now. Even boring stuff like towels. I was looking at the towels and genuinely feeling excited.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm disappointed on results day I'm going to blame my mum. Currently getting me excited by looking up ferries to get me across.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by when she was 22)
    Is anyone else a bit overly excited to start uni shopping? I bought some cute patterned bowls to take with me on a whim today cos they were in the sale and it got me all excited! I'm so excited to get all the rest of my stuff now. Even boring stuff like towels. I was looking at the towels and genuinely feeling excited.
    Not really. I'm probably going to get my butler to do all of that nonsense.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.