Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I have just stated that I am happy for someone else to do it, I just have no intention of doing it myself and don't mind if nobody else wants to.
    I wasn't referring to you personally, rather your government or Chancellor.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    I wasn't referring to you personally, rather your government or Chancellor.
    That's their choice. I can understand why people wouldn't want to do it. I don't remember the last Conservative government producing one...?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by laurel1)
    Apologies if this/a similar question has already been asked;

What is your opinion on Ed Milliband and how do you think he will help Labour to move forward as a party?
    And, are there any Labour ideals that you disagree with, and if so, why?
    Remember firstly that TSR Labour do not really represent the real life Labour party. While most TSR Labour members are members or supporters of the real life Labour party, we are separate.

Personally I was happy Ed became leader, mostly because it showed a desire within the party to move slightly more left. I have however so far been underwelmed by Eds leadership. That was probably inevitable though as I wish Labour would move much further left. I disagree with Labour a lot right now, especially on it's economic policies which often follow more right wing thinking. I view these cuts as unnecessary, not just 'too far too fast'. Nobody is likely to fully support the ideas of any one party though, and I feel that Labour are certainly the best of the big three parties.

ReputationRep:
    That's their choice. I can understand why people wouldn't want to do it. I don't remember the last Conservative government producing one...?
    Some of us wanted to do more than just a budget I can assure you
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Some of us wanted to do more than just a budget I can assure you
    But you didn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Remember firstly that TSR Labour do not really represent the real life Labour party. While most TSR Labour members are members or supporters of the real life Labour party, we are separate.

Personally I was happy Ed became leader, mostly because it showed a desire within the party to move slightly more left. I have however so far been underwelmed by Eds leadership. That was probably inevitable though as I wish Labour would move much further left. I disagree with Labour a lot right now, especially on it's economic policies which often follow more right wing thinking. I view these cuts as unnecessary, not just 'too far too fast'. Nobody is likely to fully support the ideas of any one party though, and I feel that Labour are certainly the best of the big three parties.
    You mean a desire of the unions for the party to move to the left
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Planar)
    You mean a desire of the unions for the party to move to the left
    No, he doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    No, he doesn't.
    He? That doesn't make sense...

ReputationRep:
    But you didn't.
    because people like you didn't want to
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    He? That doesn't make sense...
    Yes it does.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    because people like you didn't want to
    Link me to where one of us told you not to

ReputationRep:
    Yes it does.
    "Unions" is a neuter plural pronoun, how could you use a singular masculine pronoun to refer to "unions"? It doesn't make any sense
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    "Unions" is a neuter plural pronoun, how could you use a singular masculine pronoun to refer to "unions"? It doesn't make any sense
    My use of "he" refers to Dayne.

ReputationRep:
    Link me to where one of us told you not to
    I said like you.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I said like you.
    Okay, link me to someone like me telling you not to and explain why they are like me

ReputationRep:
    My use of "he" refers to Dayne.
    I don't know who that is. I think I'll go now, this is clearly going nowhere
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't know who that is. I think I'll go now, this is clearly going nowhere
    The person you quoted above. Yes, good idea. Bye.

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of whether or not people did or didn't want them to do a Budget, the simple fact is the last TSR government didn't produce a budget when it was perfectly entitled to do so. Therefore none of the members of that government can start moaning that we might not do one either.

Practice what you preach, it's quite simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Sorry I did know this, I just didn't make it clear that I was asking for your opinions as TSR Labour supporters!

Thanks for the answers, glad to see it's not just me that is underwhelmed!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    Regardless of whether or not people did or didn't want them to do a Budget, the simple fact is the last TSR government didn't produce a budget when it was perfectly entitled to do so. Therefore none of the members of that government can start moaning that we might not do one either.

Practice what you preach, it's quite simple.
    In all fairness - seeing the situation we were in is much easier post-reset than pre-reset.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.