The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Can't believe we've sold Antonio :frown: why on earth would a club sell their so called prize asset, for cheap as well considering the crazy fees this summer. Now to find a cheap replacement who'll contribute to demise into league one.

EDIT: But at least we've signed Dejan Kelhar :lol: The last Slovenian international we had was garbage so hopes aren't high.

Original post by Scott129
Signed Leon Best on a season-long loan.

People are laughing at us but I think this could be a really astute signing. Got "McClaren masterstroke" written all over it :P

Ah good old Leon 'Worst'. May he prove me wrong :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Optimistically predicting 9th place. Absolutely wild..
Original post by sr90
£8m, what the actual ****? Even half of that is ridiculous.For £3.5m Peterborough could buy an entire new team and win League One by some distance. Charlton did just that with the Carl Jenkinson cash and that was barely £1m.

Compare this to Reading who are getting Cox, Mackie and potentially Murray for half of that amount.

We got £3m for Wilson and haven't really splashed it. Often a problem when teams know you have money to spend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Talented Watford prospect nicked by Man Utd for £130k due to EPPP. Disgusting plan by the FA and the youngster will probably never be heard of again.
Original post by CraigWM
Talented Watford prospect nicked by Man Utd for £130k due to EPPP. Disgusting plan by the FA and the youngster will probably never be heard of again.

I would like an annual fixture against Germany until those buffoons get the picture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Football League is back tomorrow night Blackburn v Cardiff
Adeyemi will not get a good reception when he comes back to St Andrews. Hear he played reasonably well tho, as a substitute
New season starts today. Come on Forest :biggrin:
BRE 1-1 CHA, BRI 2-1 SHW, DER 3-1 ROT, HUD 2-2 BOU, MID 2-0 BIR, MIL 1-0 LEE, NOT 2-0 BLA, WAT 3-1 BOL, WIG 2-0 REA, IPS 1-2 FUL, WOL 2-4 NOR

That's my guesses for this weekend at least.
Original post by Jordanap
New season starts today. Come on Forest :biggrin:

COYR!
I can feel our league one crown slipping already.
Original post by CraigWM
BRE 1-1 CHA, BRI 2-1 SHW, DER 3-1 ROT, HUD 2-2 BOU, MID 2-0 BIR, MIL 1-0 LEE, NOT 2-0 BLA, WAT 3-1 BOL, WIG 2-0 REA, IPS 1-2 FUL, WOL 2-4 NOR

That's my guesses for this weekend at least.

Nailed three of them - pretty decent! :tongue:

Good win today though against a dogged Rotherham side. We rode our luck a little bit and had to clear three shots off the line and rely on our keeper to make a great save in the last minute.

And, whilst that sounds like they were dominant, we still looked the better value for the three points. It was a very workmanlike performance from them, devoid of quality, to be perfectly honest. They were more than happy to just sit back and throw balls forward.
Original post by Scott129
Nailed three of them - pretty decent! :tongue:

Good win today though against a dogged Rotherham side. We rode our luck a little bit and had to clear three shots off the line and rely on our keeper to make a great save in the last minute.

And, whilst that sounds like they were dominant, we still looked the better value for the three points. It was a very workmanlike performance from them, devoid of quality, to be perfectly honest. They were more than happy to just sit back and throw balls forward.

:biggrin: Not bad!

Sounds like how every team played us last season, sitting back. You might see a lot of that this season I reckon...

Meanwhile, hammered Bolton 3-0. :biggrin: If we play like that every week, I can't see us losing many, fantastic performance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The football is back and a great win for Bradford followed by a good atmosphere looking strong and I hope we keep this up. Ha Ha Huddersfield great play Wells.
Original post by IMBCFC
The football is back and a great win for Bradford followed by a good atmosphere looking strong and I hope we keep this up. Ha Ha Huddersfield great play Wells.

Vintage Cov to equalise in the last minute and then let in an even later winner. Pathetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pedro.
COYR!

Easy win today :biggrin: Psycho back in charge. Were you there?
Original post by Midlander
Vintage Cov to equalise in the last minute and then let in an even later winner. Pathetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We were dangerous on attack though especially with Hanson. Fair play to you though.
After watching Cardiff on Friday night I will predict they won't go up this year. Didn't threaten Rovers at all but still managed a draw. Decent result for both teams though. Good to see Bolton get beat 3-0 and a convincing win for Bournemouth too. How has the first game been for your team?
Leroy Lita signed for Barno I see... I never thought he'd drop into league one (I actually thought we might re-sign him). At least some of the Antonio peanuts have been reinvested into the club with striker Stevie May joining us. A striker who actually has a decent record as well even if it is in Scotland.

Original post by Midlander

Posted from TSR Mobile

Big Reda already has 2 of his ten goals a season I see.
Original post by brocklehurst95
After watching Cardiff on Friday night I will predict they won't go up this year. Didn't threaten Rovers at all but still managed a draw. Decent result for both teams though. Good to see Bolton get beat 3-0 and a convincing win for Bournemouth too. How has the first game been for your team?

I watched that game and it was quite dull, too much hoofball. Cardiff didn't look anything special, playing ALF and Maynard out wide was questionable to say the least. I know they've got a lot of strikers at the club but shunting some of them out of position just so they can play isn't the answer. They've got more than enough quality in midfield.

See the knives are out for Hockaday at Leeds already as well. Honestly i'll be amazed if he lasts 10 games.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest