Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ap28)
    Is there a right way of answering the 'why haven't you managed to secure a TC so far' question in an interview/has anyone ever been asked this before?
    That seems like a cruel question!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Congrats to everyone who has AC and interviews! Best of luck!

I've applied to 6 firms (mostly in Dec/early Jan) and had a rejection from one (Mishcon). No news from any others - with this being my second round of applications (last round only 1 interview), starting to wonder if I'm doing something majorly wrong!
    Hi
    Can I ask when you applied to Mishcon and when you received the rejection?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnieCA)
    Hi
    Can I ask when you applied to Mishcon and when you received the rejection?
    Thanks
    Hi - I applied on 28th October and received the rejection on 6th of Jan good luck for your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jokut)
    Has anyone already had an interview at Latham & Watkins?
    (Original post by Chianti1)
    I was wondering this too.
    Somebody in the thread said that they had been invited to a Latham interview, but that was quite a while ago. Haven't heard anything else in the last month or more. Hopefully they get moving soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    That seems like a cruel question!
    Yep, pretty cruel. I've been asked this question twice (once in a paralegal interview and once in a TC interview) and dont understand how you can answer it without putting yourself down

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the question 'Tell us about a personal achievement that added value to your academic or working environment or to you personally' is the emphases still on what steps you took to realise that achievement?.

(I have written about what I needed to demonstrate throughout the audition to be offered a place, and how those skills have added to my working environment and to me personally)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ap28)
    Yep, pretty cruel. I've been asked this question twice (once in a paralegal interview and once in a TC interview) and dont understand how you can answer it without putting yourself down

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hm. I would say be somewhat honest. Give an answer that shows you're capable of introspection and what you have done to improve your chances. For example, perhaps you felt you had very little legal work experience (or any work experience) so you have now taken steps to gain more. Something like that. I hope this makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScroogeHumbug)
    Hm. I would say be somewhat honest. Give an answer that shows you're capable of introspection and what you have done to improve your chances. For example, perhaps you felt you had very little legal work experience (or any work experience) so you have now taken steps to gain more. Something like that. I hope this makes sense.
    Makes sense, thankyou for the great advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been on here for a while due to exams, hope everybody is getting on alright.

I have three interviews next week - CC, Freshfields and A&O. Safe to say I'm bricking it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    Haven't been on here for a while due to exams, hope everybody is getting on alright.

I have three interviews next week - CC, Freshfields and A&O. Safe to say I'm bricking it.
    Good luck for your interviews!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)

Quite a big week for you then Good luck with the interviews!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think it is worth ringing a firm for an outcome on the assessment day that was over a week ago?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Linklaters applications closed on the 4th January right? I applied on the 3rd and I'm yet to get an email inviting me to take the Watson Glaser test so I just logged on to check what the status was and I've now seen that the deadline is now the 23rd January for vacation scheme applications.
    Not sure if I was going crazy when I applied but I swear the deadline was the 4th January? Also is anyone else in the same boat in regards to not having been asked to sit their Watson Glaser test???

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for your interviews!!
    (Original post by Defragmentation)
    Quite a big week for you then Good luck with the interviews!
    Thank you both!

ReputationRep:
    Skadden interview

ReputationRep:
    Also Skadden interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrlufc3131)
    Skadden interview
    I've heard that Skadden interviews are particularly difficult to come by. Very well done

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that Skadden interviews are particularly difficult to come by. Very well done
    Aw thank you very much! Did not at all expect this after my Latham rejection, absolutely delighted

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on the Skadden offers, extremely well done! When did both of you apply, if you mind me asking? Thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by excito)
    Congrats on the Skadden offers, extremely well done! When did both of you apply, if you mind me asking? Thank you very much.
    Thank you! Mid-December. Best of luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.