Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilys)
    Successful at FSAC! Did it on mon got results today, real quick! Now waiting to see which department wants me Good luck to all those still waiting
    Congratulations ! I have my AC on 2nd Feb. I was just wondering, did you come away from the day feeling confident that it had gone well? Also, did you feel that the exercises went similarly well to one another?

ReputationRep:
    Straight away been told unsuccessful, I attended my FSAC on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Like many of you, I have been quietly reading all the posts throughout my application process, and I must say- it has been so beneficial; often more so than the guides themselves and even parity.

I've applied for the Generalist scheme, choosing the Diplomatic Service post.

I have the FSAC on 23 Jan. Anyone else invited down on that day?

Also, I'm not sure how to prepare for this, beyond the interview- for which I am planning to go through all the competencies and prepare several examples of how I meet each.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for prep that might help with the other tasks, or even the interview itself?

Really appreciate any help and best of luck to all!

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot of good 'top tips' on the Fast Stream twitter feed.

I'd say consider in advance what sort of actions would demonstrate competencies in the group exercise and the leadership task. Be aware of what sort of behaviours you are demonstrating. You don't want to come away at the end wishing you'd done something different. How can you demonstrate your skills in working with all sorts of different personalities?

These activities will always turn out differently than you were expecting but putting yourself in the assessors shoes, when preparing, is key. The more you think about how you already demonstrate these skills and what you want to show on the day, the better placed you'll be to deal with any surprises.

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied for the generalist and digital and technology fast stream, i have had a FSAC date for the digital and technology scheme but am still waiting for the e-tray results for the generalist. is anyone else still waiting?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I completed my e-tray about 3 weeks ago for the generalist fast stream - houses of parliament.

I phoned up and they confirmed final banding happens tomorrow.

Hopefully we'll find out in next few days I guess!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by te261)
    Hey,

I completed my e-tray about 3 weeks ago for the generalist fast stream - houses of parliament.

I phoned up and they confirmed final banding happens tomorrow.

Hopefully we'll find out in next few days I guess!?
    I rang up today (Generalist, did e-tray 2 months ago) and they told me it could be anytime until the end of the month...

(I suspect that it will be tomorrow though - Parity want Xmas leave as much as everyone else)

ReputationRep:
    I attended the FTAC on the 5th of December and have not heard either way so must be amber banded.

I am grateful to those who have told us they have passed (congratulations) and those who failed (commiserations).

Has anyone had their expenses paid back to them? Mine have been approved but no idea when they will be in my account

ReputationRep:
    I attended the assessment centre on Monday and I found out today that I was successful. Hold on hope everyone who's waiting still, think positively!

ReputationRep:
    Just found out that I have passed the commercial FSAC. Are there any current fast streamers could provide me with any insight as to what the commercial fast stream is like? Is it much different from generalist or other fast streams? How's the salary for this particular stream?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endoftheworld)
    Just found out that I have passed the commercial FSAC. Are there any current fast streamers could provide me with any insight as to what the commercial fast stream is like? Is it much different from generalist or other fast streams? How's the salary for this particular stream?
    Congrats. I am going to attend my FSAC commercial on 26th Jan. Please would us tell us if the other candidates in your group were all aiming for commercial ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dvnt)
    Has anyone had their expenses paid back to them? Mine have been approved but no idea when they will be in my account
    I emailed to ask about how long the expenses take and was told it could be up to 4 weeks Which is a shame as I could really have done with that money for Christmas/New Year fun!

I had my FSAC over 3 weeks ago but have not had my individual feedback yet. Has anyone else had theirs, or have any idea on how long it takes to come through?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hq1)
    Congrats. I am going to attend my FSAC commercial on 26th Jan. Please would us tell us if the other candidates in your group were all aiming for commercial ?
    No in fact none of the people in my group was for commercial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hq1)
    I think they tend to have a mix different streams - in mine we had a statistician, social research (me), two economists and two finance candidates.

ReputationRep:
    Waiting to hear back for the etray. I recall filling in an application form early on which questions about extra curic activities. Does anyone know at which point this is assessed?

ReputationRep:
    I had my FSAC Finance assessment day on Tuesday the 18th and found out yesterday I was successful! Now all I have to do is pass the checks.

I don't think we get the individual reviews back until the end of their assessment season, so maybe not until march.

If anyone needs a hotel near Westminster, a lot of people on my day stayed at a Premier Inn right across the river I think.

ReputationRep:
    Found out today I was unsuccessful, I'm very gutted but well done to everyone who got through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isherregods)
    I had my FSAC Finance assessment day on Tuesday the 18th and found out yesterday I was successful!
    Don't you mean Tuesday the 16th? Yesterday was the 18th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dvnt)
    Found out today I was unsuccessful, I'm very gutted but well done to everyone who got through
    That's unfortunate... what day did you attend?

I attended Wednesday 17th and am wondering when I might find out
    the result.

ReputationRep:
    Yes sorry that's what I meant! I found out I was successful on the 18th.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.