The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JaaySLT
You're right, I haven't really got much to lose at this stage of the game! So I just called them up and they've confirmed that that have my application and I should here something by next Friday, if not then they've encouraged me to bother them again!!! They've had a backlog and even though I applied in November, they didn't receive my application till mid December-so that makes me feel a bit better. I also asked how come people that applied after me have had correspondence of some sort, and was advised that this wasn't any cause for concern as sometimes that's just how the system works, so for those of you that are experiencing 'silence' from BCU then hopefully this info may help:smile:!

This is good to know, but 3 weeks is going to feel like 3 years. I hope we all hear soon, but i'm probably being impatient, as I didn't send off my application until the 22nd of December! Hoping to hear sometime soon as the servers are back online later for UCAS. Good luck to everyone still waiting on BCU offers and interviews.
Original post by eskimok1
Aw thank you! Oh that's good, how roughly does the day go?

There's an introductory talk and a Q&A session, then a group task, short individual interview and a written questionnaire (in variable order, and you have a lot of time for the questionnaire).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clivia
There's an introductory talk and a Q&A session, then a group task, short individual interview and a written questionnaire (in variable order, and you have a lot of time for the questionnaire).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thanks, that sounds okay actually! Is the group task hard?
I have an interview in Leeds but I have no email to give me any more details about the day. Did anyone else get an email or know anything about what the interview entails?
Original post by nesca89
I have an interview in Leeds but I have no email to give me any more details about the day. Did anyone else get an email or know anything about what the interview entails?

Last year there was a letter about the interview on UCAS - they didn't use personal emails last year - all correspondence was through UCAS so I would check on there
Original post by nesca89

Oh and last year it was a talk, written test a listening test and then a short face to face
Original post by nesca89

There should be a link on the letter they sent via track to their website - thats what was on mine anyway.

This is the link - http://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/interviewguidance/
Original post by AmyPilot
Oh and last year it was a talk, written test a listening test and then a short face to face

Original post by madagascar
There should be a link on the letter they sent via track to their website - thats what was on mine anyway.

This is the link - http://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/interviewguidance/

Thank you both :smile:
Hi guys, I can't believe I'm actually typing this but it appears that I have an invite for an interview at BCU!!! I haven't received an email directly from them but Track states that I need to attend an interview or submit a portfolio or another piece of work :confused:!! I'm so chuffed right now, but a little confused as to what this other piece of work could be??? Anyone else received anything like this??? I've tried to call just now but no-one's picking up!
:smile: I have some very exciting news to report from BCU..the pressure's on!! :biggrin:

I have received an offer from BCU for Speech and Language Therapy for September!! It's conditional on me achieving a certain grade in the A level I am taking and the CRB/Health check to pass, but I am so thrilled and excited. I just wanted to get an offer and had expected to get a conditional one, even though I am an oldie because my original degree and A-Levels were a looooong time ago. I thought this would be the case when I asked about applying last year. So the pressure is on me to smash my two A2 exams this summer. So to all of you who are feeling the pressure with getting grades for your offers, I know how you feel!

It was quite a weekend as I was in Denmark for a celebration so I didn't have much time to constantly check email and Track - plus it was down over the weekend too, right? I was in my room early eve Saturday and checked my email all of a sudden, then saw an email from BCU. I did a "ripping off a plaster" type moment and went for it! Fortunately, it was good news! I didn't find out the conditions of the offer until I got back today and Track/UCAS email was back on.

I really had started to worry because of the silence, but it would appear that a break from checking Track and emails can bring success! As I mentioned, the email came first so to all of you waiting to hear from BCU, you should expect an email from them first, probably Fridays as they have said. I really can't wait to start and hope we all get interviews and those tasty offers soon! If anyone who has applied to BCU wants any advice about Birmingham, just let me know!

Good luck with all your interviews xxxx:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JaaySLT
Hi guys, I can't believe I'm actually typing this but it appears that I have an invite for an interview at BCU!!! I haven't received an email directly from them but Track states that I need to attend an interview or submit a portfolio or another piece of work :confused:!! I'm so chuffed right now, but a little confused as to what this other piece of work could be??? Anyone else received anything like this??? I've tried to call just now but no-one's picking up!

I think that's just a generic message that more is required from you, interview or piece of work. All of my interview invites have said the same so don't worry. And congratulations on your interview :smile:
Original post by CuriousLinguist
:smile: I have some very exciting news to report from BCU..the pressure's on!! :biggrin:

I have received an offer from BCU for Speech and Language Therapy for September!! It's conditional on me achieving a certain grade in the A level I am taking and the CRB/Health check to pass, but I am so thrilled and excited. I just wanted to get an offer and had expected to get a conditional one, even though I am an oldie because my original degree and A-Levels were a looooong time ago. I though this would be this case when I asked about applying last year. So the pressure is on me to smash my two A2 exams this summer. So to all of you who are feeling the pressure with getting grades for your offers, I know how you feel!

It was quite a weekend as I was in Denmark for a celebration so I didn't have much time to constantly check email and Track - plus it was down over the weekend too, right? I was in my room early eve Saturday and checked my email all of a sudden and saw an email from BCU. I did a "ripping off a plaster" type moment and went for it! Fortunately, it was good news! I didn't find out the conditions of the offer until I got back today and Track/UCAS email was back on.

I really had started to worry because of the silence, but it would appear that a break from checking Track and emails can bring success! As I mentioned, the email came first so to all of you waiting to hear from BCU, you should expect an email from them first, probably Fridays as they have said. I really can't wait to start and hope we all get interviews and those tasty offers soon! If anyone who has applied to BCU wants any advice about Birmingham, just let me know!

Congratulations on your offer! :smile:
Original post by nesca89
I think that's just a generic message that more is required from you, interview or piece of work. All of my interview invites have said the same so don't worry. And congratulations on your interview :smile:

Ok, that makes sense, and thank you for the congrats and replying!!!

I have received an offer from BCU for Speech and Language Therapy for September!! It's conditional on me achieving a certain grade in the A level I am taking and the CRB/Health check to pass, but I am so thrilled and excited. I just wanted to get an offer and had expected to get a conditional one, even though I am an oldie because my original degree and A-Levels were a looooong time ago. I though this would be this case when I asked about applying last year. So the pressure is on me to smash my two A2 exams this summer. So to all of you who are feeling the pressure with getting grades for your offers, I know how you feel!

It was quite a weekend as I was in Denmark for a celebration so I didn't have much time to constantly check email and Track - plus it was down over the weekend too, right? I was in my room early eve Saturday and checked my email all of a sudden and saw an email from BCU. I did a "ripping off a plaster" type moment and went for it! Fortunately, it was good news! I didn't find out the conditions of the offer until I got back today and Track/UCAS email was back on.

Congrats on your offer, seriously!! wow...I really hope I can get in too! Without going into detail, care to shed some light on how to best prepare for the interview?!

Really pleased for you. It was worth the wait! I still haven't heard following my reference being sent last Monday and all the documentation I have being sent in. Starting to lose hope...
Original post by JaaySLT

Well done and good luck!
Original post by shropshirelass51
Well done and good luck!

Thank you so much! I can't believe I actually have an interview after waiting 2 months!! Any tips to prepare??
They are really nice and put your at your ease. Just research the role and you will be fine!
Original post by JaaySLT

It's just the invitation to attend the interview day, where you have to complete a written interview. There should be an invitation to accept so you can let them know you will attend the interview day. I accepted the interview invite and also got an email from BCU as well, with all the details about the day. You should get one from them shortly - probably late at night!!

Congrats on getting an interview invite. The waiting was soooo stressful, wasn't it!:biggrin:
Original post by nesca89
Congratulations on your offer! :smile:

Thanks! I had been letting all the possible permutations of what no news meant turn over and over in my head. I liked the interview day, but wasn't sure how I had done. I just have to get the A Level grade now. I can feel the pressure, although doing a Will from the Inbetweeners probably isn't a good idea though! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest