Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    Agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wish I did better in C3.... I had economics uni 3 edexcel in PM the day before the C3 AM exam and got a little out of touch with C3 on the day...
    I've definitely not reached the A* criteria for my offer... I can only hope to get a high A overall ums and beg them to let me in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelonm)
    thanks non friend!
    You are most welcome, although it is quite unforgivable to drag me away from surfing TSR when I really should be revising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    You are most welcome, although it is quite unforgivable to drag me away from surfing TSR when I really should be revising
    Oh well if we were FRIENDS i'd give a damn BUT WE'RE NOT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bustamove)
    I wish I did better in C3.... I had economics uni 3 edexcel in PM the day before the C3 AM exam and got a little out of touch with C3 on the day...
    I've definitely not reached the A* criteria for my offer... I can only hope to get a high A overall ums and beg them to let me in...
    you probably did better than u think, try to get 100 ums in c4, u can do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThoughtIsFree)
    you probably did better than u think, try to get 100 ums in c4, u can do it!
    I checked Arsey's answers.... he predicts that its 57 ums for an A... Based on his answers, I've estimated myself around 56-57 which is borderline.... (made some ridiculous stupid mistakes)...
    My fate actually depends on the edexcel grade boundaries LOL
    If I get 79ums... there's no chance of A*....

I'll pray to the edexcel gods to give me some mercy....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridirahman)
    Attachment 428683

How would you integrate this without differentiating it first?

using the formula integral of (ax + b)^n dx= ((ax+b)^n)/a(n+1) +c

ReputationRep:
    do people think this is going to be easier or harder than the C3 paper which was on friday?

ReputationRep:
    I thought you had to get 90% in C3, 90% in C4, and 80% overall to get an A*?
    90% average out of c3 and c4 I thought?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bustamove)
    I checked Arsey's answers.... he predicts that its 57 ums for an A... Based on his answers, I've estimated myself around 56-57 which is borderline.... (made some ridiculous stupid mistakes)...
    My fate actually depends on the edexcel grade boundaries LOL
    If I get 79ums... there's no chance of A*....

I'll pray to the edexcel gods to give me some mercy....
    I daren't look at the answers or ill just get depressed about the things I got wrong! I thought c3 went well for me so im leaving it at that xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThoughtIsFree)
    I daren't look at the answers or ill just get depressed about the things I got wrong! I thought c3 went well for me so im leaving it at that xD
    i do the exact same - did this last year. Disappointment of realising you did bad has such a larger effect that joy of finding out you did well - and then there is the whole UMS guessing game

ReputationRep:
    I thought you had to get 90% in C3, 90% in C4, and 80% overall to get an A*?
    90% overall in C3 and C4 - so that could mean 80 UMS in C3 and 100 UMS in C4 or any other combination. If you think you've got at least 80 in C3 then keep working cause A* is still possible!

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how ECF (Error Carried Forward) works on C4?

Did the June 2009 paper Q5 and forgot to add the minus to part a) will i lose marks for the rest of the Q?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelonm)
    yo i aint got no time to find a better calculator the exam's tomorrow
    I know I'm supposed to use CAST diagrams but I don't get how
    If you truly dont understand CAST diagrams - spend some time to watch these two videos:
    http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-r...tutorial-1.php

The first explains the cast diagram and the second explains how to use them to work out trig equations. You can probably skip through some of it ever so slightly but at the end, the videos are worth it imo if you really want to do the best in C4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marco cb)
    If you truly dont understand CAST diagrams - spend some time to watch these two videos:

The first explains the cast diagram and the second explains how to use them to work out trig equations. You can probably skip through some of it ever so slightly but at the end, the videos are worth it imo if you really want to do the best in C4.
    Why would we need CAST diagrams for C4? Aren't they just used in C3?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help with 6a.
    https://2f891307968364453c9a8f2316b1...%20Elmwood.pdf

ReputationRep:

You don't need CAST diagrams to answer anything in C4. An alternative is to learn the different graphs for the trig functions and understand the symmetry etc of those graphs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillGood)
    Does anybody know how ECF (Error Carried Forward) works on C4?

Did the June 2009 paper Q5 and forgot to add the minus to part a) will i lose marks for the rest of the Q?
    You'll lose the mark for the error but for the questions after a), the examiner will assume that the answer you gave in a) was correct and therefore as long as you follow the correct calculations, procedures or equations using the figure you got from a), you should get most of the marks.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a list of all the trig identities and other formulas we need to remember for this paper? i.e. those not on the formula booklet

ReputationRep:
    You'll lose the mark for the error but for the questions after a), the examiner will assume that the answer you gave in a) was correct and therefore as long as you follow the correct calculations, procedures or equations using the figure you got from a), you should get most of the marks.
    Thanks a lot that was very helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    Why would we need CAST diagrams for C4? Aren't they just used in C3?
    (Original post by candol)
    You don't need CAST diagrams to answer anything in C4. An alternative is to learn the different graphs for the trig functions and understand the symmetry etc of those graphs
    True, my mistake. I was just following on someones recommendation to learn CAST - forgot to think about the C4 spec.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.