Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    Ok thanks for sharing.
    No problem sorry about that need to edit that post... Famous scholars are mentioned for example, Imam Nawawi, Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah, Ibn Kathir

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naf786)
    As'Salamu'Alaikum'Wa'Ramatullah, mine has to be Fawzan, Uthaymeen, Al Albani and Ibn Baaz. These noble scholars may Allaah swt be pleased with them never let their whims and desires be injunction within Islam. They have always referred back to the kitab, sunnah and the rightful predecessors. Always with ayat and sound ahadith. In a time of fitan and people adding things into the religion not just these but the scholars of the salaf have held firm. Also scholars of the past such as Ibn Taymiyyah, the four main known today such as malik, Abu haneefa, sha'fi and Ahmed may Allaah swt pleased with all them. I can go on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    JazakAllahu khayran. Agree 100%!!! May Allah grant you the firdaus with them. Ameen.

Mufti Menk seems cool.
    I do love Mufti Menk's lectures a lot, not sure if he counts as scholar though sis.

(Original post by ImNotMe)
    I don't think its reasonable to have 1 'favourite' scholar but I usually turn toward Dr Yasir Qadhi, Dr Zakir Naik, Mufti Menk, Ustadh Nouman whenever I have questions

Lets not forget them in our Duas!
    Hmnn...I don't think they hold the title of scholara but I do love their lectures a lot.

(Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    ﴿أَنَّهُ مَن قَتَلَ نَفْساً بِغَيْرِ نَفْسٍ أَوْ فَسَادٍ فِى الاٌّرْضِ فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.) The Ayah states, whoever kills a soul without justification -- such as in retaliation for murder or for causing mischief on earth -- will be as if he has killed all mankind, because there is no difference between one life and another.

﴿وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا﴾

(and if anyone saved a life...) by preventing its blood from being shed and believing in its sanctity, then all people will have been saved from him, so,

﴿فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.) Al-A`mash and others said that Abu Salih said that Abu Hurayrah said, "I entered on `Uthman when he was under siege in his house and said, `I came to give you my support. Now, it is good to fight (defending you) O Leader of the Faithful!' He said, `O Abu Hurayrah! Does it please you that you kill all people, including me' I said, `No.' He said, `If you kill one man, it is as if you killed all people.Therefore, go back with my permission for you to leave. May you receive your reward and be saved from burden.' So I went back and did not fight.''' `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said, "It is as Allah has stated,

﴿مَن قَتَلَ نَفْساً بِغَيْرِ نَفْسٍ أَوْ فَسَادٍ فِى الاٌّرْضِ فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.) Saving life in this case occurs by not killing a soul that Allah has forbidden. So this is the meaning of saving the life of all mankind, for whoever forbids killing a soul without justification, the lives of all people will be saved from him.'' Similar was said by Mujahid;

﴿وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا﴾

(And if anyone saved a life...) means, he refrains from killing a soul. Al-`Awfi reported that Ibn `Abbas said that Allah's statement,

﴿فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(it would be as if he killed all mankind. .) means, "Whoever kills one soul that Allah has forbidden killing, is just like he who kills all mankind.'' Sa`id bin Jubayr said, "He who allows himself to shed the blood of a Muslim, is like he who allows shedding the blood of all people. He who forbids shedding the blood of one Muslim, is like he who forbids shedding the blood of all people.'' In addition, Ibn Jurayj said that Al-A`raj said that Mujahid commented on the Ayah,

﴿فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(it would be as if he killed all mankind,) "He who kills a believing soul intentionally, Allah makes the Fire of Hell his abode, He will become angry with him, and curse him, and has prepared a tremendous punishment for him, equal to if he had killed all people, his punishment will still be the same.'' Ibn Jurayj said that Mujahid said that the Ayah,

﴿وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾
    (and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.) means, "He who does not kill anyone, then the lives of people are safe from him.''

[Tafseer Ibn Kathir]

Im not really sure what you read tbh. Ibn Kathir is discussing that its forbidden to take a soul without a justification.

Sheikh Al-Albani if you havnt guessed.

Nope I wasn't aware. He was a diamond mash'Allah.

Ibn Taymiyah and Sheikh Uthaymeen for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    I do love Mufti Menk's lectures a lot, not sure if he counts as scholar though sis.
    Yeah I didn't know that. I've heard lots of praise for Al Albani but he speaks Arabic so I can't really understand his lectures.

ReputationRep:
    xxx
    Mufti Menk is a student of knowledge. He studied in various institutes such as Madinah University.

He is also a scholar as he the Head of the fatwa department of The Council Of Islamic Scholars Of Zimbabwe.

He is also an Imam at Masjid Al-Falaah

ReputationRep:
    A reminder for myself and my dear family (My ISOC family ofc).

Before you insult, scream, punch, swear, steal, hurt, offend, smack, drink something haram, eat something haram, commit any type of zina, backbite or slander, remember Allah and that first step in jannah.

If you are too lazy to pray, make dhirk, fast, walk to the mosque, pray night prayer, watch an Islamic lecture or give dawah, remember Allah and that first step in jannah.

In times of hardships - be patient. Remember Allah and that first step in jannah.

On your death bed, say the shahadah, smile, remember Allah, and prepare yourself for that first step jannah insha'Allah.

A humble request to forgive me if I have ever hurt you.

Salam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I didn't know that. I've heard lots of praise for Al Albani but he speaks Arabic so I can't really understand his lectures.
    Well apparently I'm wrong. Alhamdulilah. Al Albani was a bomb mash'Allah. You should read some of his work. I recommend his book: "The prophet's prayer..." It's a long title lol I'll take a pic and whatapp it to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mufti Menk is a student of knowledge. He studied in various institutes such as Madinah University.

He is also a scholar as he the Head of the fatwa department of The Council Of Islamic Scholars Of Zimbabwe.

I never knew that. Thanks for sharing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Oh cool. :cool: Thanks for that!

ReputationRep:
    Im not really sure what you read tbh. Ibn Kathir is discussing that its forbidden to take a soul without a justification.
    That verse merely says that you should not kill someone unless it is justified and is meaningless without its proper context. As a student of Islam, you must be aware that Ibn Kathir's explanation of the following verse details those people who it is justified to kill, and the list is quite extensive. You can't seriously be saying that you haven't read it?

ReputationRep:
    Alot to learn here masha ALLAH

ReputationRep:
    Well apparently I'm wrong. Alhamdulilah. Al Albani was a bomb mash'Allah. You should read some of his work. I recommend his book: "The prophet's prayer..." It's a long title lol I'll take a pic and whatapp it to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol we're all learning new things today. Ok I hope I can find it.

ReputationRep:
    Lol we're all learning new things today. Ok I hope I can find it.
    As far as i am aware it may not be best not to study Shaykh al-Albanis book on Salah if one is already educated in the Salah of one of the 4 madhabs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A reminder for myself and my dear family (My ISOC family ofc).

Before you insult, scream, punch, swear, steal, hurt, offend, smack, drink something haram, eat something haram, commit any type of zina, backbite or slander, remember Allah and that first step in jannah.

If you are too lazy to pray, make dhirk, fast, walk to the mosque, pray night prayer, watch an Islamic lecture or give dawah, remember Allah and that first step in jannah.

In times of hardships - be patient. Remember Allah and that first step in jannah.

On your death bed, say the shahadah, smile, remember Allah, and prepare yourself for that first step jannah insha'Allah.

A humble request to forgive me if I have ever hurt you.

Salam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PRSOM, this is a really good reminder. If only we could imprint this into our brains.

As for my favourite (classical) scholar, I don't think I could pick just one... I like the works of Ibn Qayyim a lot, I also like the sayings of Hasan al Basri, but also many others as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    As far as i am aware it may not be best not to study Shaykh al-Albanis book on Salah if one is already educated in the Salah of one of the 4 madhabs.
    Okie dokie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    That verse merely says that you should not kill someone unless it is justified and is meaningless without its proper context. As a student of Islam, you must be aware that Ibn Kathir's explanation of the following verse details those people who it is justified to kill, and the list is quite extensive. You can't seriously be saying that you haven't read it?
    Where did I state that it did not say - you should not kill a soul unless theyre are justifiable reasons.

Thats why I posted it - to make that point.

I posted it to highlight a soul can only be taken with a justifiable reason. That was all. The quote clearly detailed that.

Duno what point your trying to make tbh.

ReputationRep:
    No debating in the isoc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Round 1... FIGHT! :clap2:
    :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Here, if someone born into Islam tries to make you feel inferior, know that:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullaah) said:“What some people think, that the one born upon Islam and does not commit kufr ever is better than the one who was a kaafir and then becomes a Muslim – this is not correct. Rather, the criteria is in the outcome, and the one who has more taqwa of Allah in his final end – he is better. That is because it is known that the forerunners from the Muhaajireen and the Ansaar who believed in Allah and His Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) after they had disbelieved are better than those who were born upon Islam and their children and other than their children.Rather, the one who knew evil and tasted it and then knew the good and tasted it, then his recognition of the good and his love for it, and his recognition of evil and his hatred of it, is more complete than the one who does not know good and evil and has not tasted it as he has tasted it. Rather, the one who does not know anything other than good, perhaps evil will come to him and he will not recognize that it is evil, and he may either fall into it or he may not reject it as the one who knew it would reject it.”

Taken from the site: https://dawatussalafiyyah.wordpress.com/about/

ReputationRep:
    Ibn al-Qayyim related from al-Jariri:

“I was told of a man from the Children of Israel who had a need that he wanted fulfilled by Allah. So, he engaged in constant worship and then asked Allah for his need. When he did not see that his need was fulfilled, he spent the night blaming himself, saying: “O self! What is wrong with you that is preventing your need from being fulfilled?”

And he spent the night sad and holding himself to account, saying: “By Allah, the problem is not with my Lord. Rather, the problem is with myself,” and he remained in such a state of holding himself responsible until his need was finally taken care of.”

[‘Ighathat al-Lahfan’; 1/77]

From: https://iskandrani.wordpress.com/cat...qayyim/page/2/ (may Allah hasten his release)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.