Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What grades are people getting in the past papers? I've only sort of got high Bs but I need an A for my medicine offer. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domcandrews)
    Q10 is basically the effect of increasing an enzyme catalysed reaction by 10 degrees, so you'd talk about increasing Ea, more molecules with E>Ea, more successful collisions and all that
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me how to answer this Q as I have no clue how to

Name:  Snapchat--1699895006766530319.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  392.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WishIHadRevised)
    What grades are people getting in the past papers? I've only sort of got high Bs but I need an A for my medicine offer. :/
    Same i'm getting mostly B's,got 2A's so far, I need an A overall aswell but for econ! Just hoping for 2 good papers, but my feeling seems otherwise especially for f215, can just imagine that 8 marker on timber production or something that i'm not interested in like a 9 marker on Galapagos bullshiit. Good luck for medicine, which uni if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me what you need to get an A* overall in Biology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLegalDealer)

I'm guessing you'd have to talk about how an action potential is generated and then how it passes across the synapse? then relate it to motor and sensory neurones but not sure weird question

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone want any help with explaining things? i feel like it would help me and it'd be nice to help others too maybe face time? i feel like i know the spec well
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahsen2015)
    Can someone tell me what you need to get an A* overall in Biology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    90% average UMS over f214 and f215

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WishIHadRevised)
    I've been getting straight A's is there any topic where you've been losing your marks in particular? I would be happy to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLegalDealer)

Are you sure this is for OCR?
    But regardless, talk about sensory and motor neurones and the transmission of impulses across them. You might get marks for transmission across synapses although I'm not too sure. But you could also talk about differences in transmission between myelinated and non-myelinated neurones. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to be able to label the spinal cord like the transverse section part ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maisie__x)
    Yeah it's reflected in the grade boundaries though, 41 for an A But yes it was horrible i thought
    What do you think will come up this year? I really don't like the suggest questions :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Uber Facts on Twitter claim "Whiskey can be made out of diabetics' urine because of the high sugar content" Possible suggest question on Monday? Or maybe ocr is turning me crazy loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich*****)
    Can someone please tell me if chemiosmosis, the electron transport chain different is the same as oxidative phosphorylation
    I'm sooo confused
    How does it add up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Chemiosmosis drives oxidative phosphorylation.

Chemiosmosis is the flow of protons and oxidate phosphorylation is the synthesis of ATP from ADP and Pi in the presence of oxygen. Oxidative phosphorylation can only occur because of the flow of protons through the channels associated with the ATP synthase enzyme, which drives the rotational part of the enzyme allowing the ADP and Pi to joing together.

The kinetic energy that is lost by electrons being passed down the ETC is what allows protons (H+) to be pumped across the membrane, which in turn ultimately aids chemiosmosis.

Do this help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderella25)
    What do you think will come up this year? I really don't like the suggest questions :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree, I hate the suggest questions they can be a little open ended, especially last years. I know it's no help but i honestly have no idea, you can guess topics but you still don't know which one will include the practical stuff or which ones will be suggest type questions. My tactic has just been to prepare for everything, i think tomorrow i'll just recap over the stuff i find the hardest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maisie__x)
    I agree, I hate the suggest questions they can be a little open ended, especially last years. I know it's no help but i honestly have no idea, you can guess topics but you still don't know which one will include the practical stuff or which ones will be suggest type questions. My tactic has just been to prepare for everything, i think tomorrow i'll just recap over the stuff i find the hardest
    Yeah I am doing the same thing. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know anything about relay neurones? e.g. their stucture

ReputationRep:
    Yhh its from a legacy paper , Ive attached the MS but it makes no sense to me , care to explain ? Thanks for the help anyways !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to be able to label the spinal cord like the transverse section part for f214 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domcandrews)
    90% average UMS over f214 and f215
    Is the coursework not included?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.