Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Your most controversial view? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miguapa)
    i don't think mental illness exists. it's really about "not following norms" but this is covered up since it's non PC.
    It's a Jewish conspiracy :eek3:

(Original post by SophieSmall)
    BTECs have their place, It's silly to compare them to A-levels. It's apples and oranges.
    They are both fruit.

(Original post by TarnyGee)
    Everyone should mind their own business. Gay people should get married and heterosexual people shouldn't get a view, because it's not your problem.
    Women should get an abortion if she wants to, because some random woman in Brazil getting an abortion will not affect you. Carry on living your life.
    We shouldn't pay taxes, there will always be homeless and starving people in the world, and in my country. Why should I give 20% of my salary to some racist chav when I can use it to buy a car.
    Prime Ministers (and MPs) should get minimun wage, so that we can actually get people who love their country and know what it is like to be one of us.
    Ban single sex schools, ban grammar schools. (No reason for this one).
    Stop making school so serious, let kids start proper school at eight, we live til 80/90/100 anyways, let little kids be little kids. We could realistically teach 14 years of school in 10years. Year 1,4,5,8,9 was a waste of time, we didn't learn anything.
    Where does that road come from?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone should mind their own business. Gay people should get married and heterosexual people shouldn't get a view, because it's not your problem.
    Women should get an abortion if she wants to, because some random woman in Brazil getting an abortion will not affect you. Carry on living your life.
    We shouldn't pay taxes, there will always be homeless and starving people in the world, and in my country. Why should I give 20% of my salary to some racist chav when I can use it to buy a car.
    Prime Ministers (and MPs) should get minimun wage, so that we can actually get people who love their country and know what it is like to be one of us.
    Stop making school so serious, let kids start proper school at eight, we live til 80/90/100 anyways, let little kids be little kids. We could realistically teach 14 years of school in 10years. Year 1,4,5,8,9 was a waste of time, we didn't learn anything.
    Where does that road come from?

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe criminals deserve punishment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulu24)
    Homosexuality....is wrong....

lol..asking for trouble, eh?
    other people's intimacy is... incorrect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Boo)
    Then all those other cultures are wrong.

You are either male with XY chromosomes, or female with XX.

Aside from the occasional aneuploidy which results from rare miss segregation of the chromosomes during meiosis, theres no other combinations.

Theres two genders.
    Think you're confusing gender and sex. #justsaiyan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yes, alright)
    other people's intimacy is... incorrect?
    Everything we all do in society, has an effect ON society, whether you realise it or not, so you may say its an "individual" thing, but actually it's not so private. This place however, is not for debating about whether homosexuality is wrong or right, that is just my opinion and i was just answering the question lol.

ReputationRep:
    @ChaoticButterfly. Reading the whole tread at 3am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulu24)
    Everything we all do in society, has an effect ON society, whether you realise it or not, so you may say its an "individual" thing, but actually it's not so private.
    What are human rights again?

This place however, is not for debating about whether homosexuality is wrong or right
    How so? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    supporting death penalty but not like a bullet to the head crazy stuff
    like throwing convicts off of cranes, dissolving them in hydrochloric acid and chucking them around with jcbs

for any of the following
    terrorism or attempted terrorism
    murder
    animal abuse
    paedophilia
    serial rape

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    like throwing convicts off of cranes, dissolving them in hydrochloric acid and chucking them around with jcbs

for any of the following
    murder
    animal abuse
    paedophilia
    serial rape
    I was thinking more like turning them into human lab rats for cancer drugs or any drugs, so they can be useful to society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)

for any of the following
    murder
    animal abuse
    paedophilia
    serial rape
    State sponsored torture-revenge? Sounds great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH0405)
    1. Prison life should be near the point of unbearable for people that have committed severe crimes. Murderers should be confined in small cells for 24 hours a day, and never see the light of day. Murderers being deprived of all privileges seems like a necessity to me, yet they often get to roam about with fellow murders playing some prison version of hopscotch. No. Their lives should each be a complete misery. But there are these things called human rights that get in the way of this. I have only one question: WHY SHOULD A MURDERER RETAIN HUMAN RIGHTS?
    You are truly vile. Big Daily Mail reader, I take it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Implication)
    What are human rights again?

How so? :holmes:
    Because that wasnt the question o.O

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking more like turning them into human lab rats for cancer drugs or any drugs, so they can be useful to society.
    you have got a winning idea there lets start a petition more likely to get signature if some good comes out of it

(Original post by Implication)
    State sponsored torture-revenge? Sounds great.
    ah someone after my own heart i did write a manuscript for an english class and got given six counseling sessions admittedly torture using droplets of acid in to the eyes and a hand in a deep fat fryer oh and drowning someone in cement at one point too

ReputationRep:
    You are a Nazi. Not a Nazi in internet-speak - an actual full-blown Nazi.

ReputationRep:
    You are a Nazi. Not a Nazi in internet-speak - an actual full-blown Nazi.
    Hey. Don't get personal dude. I don't know why hanging a child molester is better than trying to find a cure for cancer. The thread is called "Most controversial view".

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why hanging a child molester is better than trying to find a cure for cancer.
    I don't endorse hanging either

The thread is called "Most controversial view".
    Right. It doesn't require that anyone like your answer

ReputationRep:
    I don't endorse hanging either

Right. It doesn't require that anyone like your answer
    That's fair. The thing is hanging happens all around the world, as well as stoning. I'm just trying to compromise. My ideal is we have a punishment so hard that no one ever commits a crime and that everyone can be and feel safe. And just keeping someone in a room for a long time does not cut it. We need a real deterrent from crime

ReputationRep:
    Because schools, hospitals, roads, the armed forces, and many other stuff run themselves right? As for racist chav, all people on benefits are racists, or if they are have come on hard times...OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    It's a Jewish conspiracy :eek3:

?
    Well mental illness is a fallacy. Who the **** cares about norms anyhow? I drop litter on occasion, and break speed limits, and punched people/got into fights as a teen. I guess the NHS should come and lock me up because i don't follow "norms" or other retard bull****...haha.. :cool: Human behaviour is complex, and not put down to what some doctors or scientists reckon is "normal".

Mental illness is socially defined, and just what people long ago thought based on their own biases. I don't give a **** what people from ancient Rome thought or medieval England about sickness....i don't live in either culture.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.