The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bananainpyjamas
Do I have to remember the temperatures that occur in the PCR?

nope, just if it increases and decreases
Original post by kiwi8397
why are aqa such synaptic knobs

made my day :biggrin:
Original post by 13eyond13ithday
I had a psychology R paper this morning and it honestly seemed easier then most past papers so biology could be the same but I don't have any way of telling. The psychology one wasn't that much different, just less essays

Thats kinda good to hear, hope the BIOL5 one is the same too...

Original post by Bustamove
**** on a stick... I was right... I wish I wasn't...

yepp... suppose its kinda good, lets just hope the grade boundaries are very very low :biggrin:
Reply 1443
Original post by mujtaba.khokhar
1434187269416.jpg
Its Confirmed we will be getting the 'R' paper, anyone got any advice on this? is it genuinely harder?

I did the psychology R paper today any it wasn't any harder than I was expecting, slightly easier in fact :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
what is the cDNA used for after the thing with reverse transcriptase
Original post by 13eyond13ithday
I had a psychology R paper this morning and it honestly seemed easier then most past papers so biology could be the same but I don't have any way of telling. The psychology one wasn't that much different, just less essays

What does R mean?:angry:
Original post by Yaz97
No problem honey 💘

Posted from TSR Mobile

why did you put a syringe through my heart??
Original post by Bethany_

reserve?
Reply 1448
Original post by thebest6633
what is the cDNA used for after the thing with reverse transcriptase

hybridises with the single strand of DNA made from reverse transcriptase which produces a double-stranded DNA molecule that has a complementary base sequence to the mRNA molecule initially used (cDNA obv complementary to the single-stranded one produced by reverse transcriptase)

Ruthless

reserve paper

I've honestly no idea, the R is part of the paper reference/code which isn't normally there

Replacement. I do maths edexcel and they always have 2 papers prepared, 01 and R so basicly if one gets released before the exam or stolen in this case, the exam board makes everyone do the Replacement one ( R ).
Reply 1453
Original post by chemistrykid123

coz a knife is too gangsta.. u not heard of knife crime?.. its gotta stop
Original post by The fudge
reserve?

ooh probably actually, me being stupid:biggrin:

someone said Retarded, but i doubt it....
Original post by chemistrykid123

if that syringe has drugs, aqa might ask you how they'll affect transmission across your synapses
Could someone explain restriction mapping please?
Original post by Bustamove
Can someone explain to me what is histamine and prostaglandins? what actually is their role? thanks

Hi I believe that Histamines- (within the white blood cells) they react to particular allergens e.g. pollen. This will increase permeability to capillaries e.g. swelling.

Prostaglandins (Cell membranes) Also dilate arteries causing swelling but these affect the pain receptors more due to injury by affecting blood pressure and transmission through neurones.

The key thing to remember here is that these are chemical mediators and these are different to hormones because they affect specific/ more direct to particular cells where hormones are more direct.
Original post by mujtaba.khokhar
someone said Retarded, but i doubt it....

Retarded:colone: well you never know with AQA....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending