Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riaaa)
    Any predictions for weather and climate 7, 8 and 10 markers?
    UK climate and UHIs are looking likely according to my teacher.

They haven't asked anything on the first section with the sciencey stuff for a few years either, so that may be a possibility...

ReputationRep:
    in desperate need of these!
    (Original post by LauraM1997)
    Can anyone please give me predictions on:

Ecosystems 7/8/10 markers
    World Cities 7/8/10 markers
    Plate Tectonics 40 marker

Would gladly appreciate your input!! Xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naveena_varma)
    in desperate need of these!
    Hey Naveena

ReputationRep:
    I was in that state when i woke up. I found rewriting notes briefly really helped, just re wrote all my development and globalisation notes onto 10 pages. Most of examiners do not want 500 statistics, just want you to understand basic principles ( Id still try to know a few for each topic or make them up :P) Only questions you need exam technique for is the 40 marks and the 7 markers. Id find out how to structure the 40 marker, and pick up on common trends for describing and commenting on 7 markers. The 8 and 10 markers are normally just reciting things from the text book. Hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    Plate tectonics 40 marker, will be something on the lines of seismic events (earthquakes) and will require you to compare two contrasting case studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    I'm doing world cities, weather and climate, plate tectonics.
    the 40 marks are a killer.
    I got a A at AS so hopefully it should be fine
    Hey I'm doing these exact same topics. I'm finding weather really hard and the 40 markers are horrible.
    Do you have any predictions ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraM1997)
    Can anyone please give me predictions on:

Ecosystems 7/8/10 markers
    World Cities 7/8/10 markers
    Plate Tectonics 40 marker

Would gladly appreciate your input!! Xxx
    Not sure about Ecosystems as I'm doing that for my essay

But my predictions for World Cities are:

-Suburbanisation
    -Counter-Urbanisation
    -Economic Development and effects of urbanisation (poss)
    -Something to describe the benefits of a World City

World Cities hasn't been up since June 13, retailing has been up the last 2 years so I don't think that will come up.

Counter-urbanisation hasn't come up since Jan 12 (as is the issues of planning + management of urbanisation) and Suburbanisation hasn't shown itself at all.

Tectonics 40 mark is likely to be based on the Tectonic Plate Theory or Seismic Hazards, from what I've read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximilian3311)
    Plate tectonics 40 marker, will be something on the lines of seismic events (earthquakes) and will require you to compare two contrasting case studies
    so MEDC vs. LEDC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pterofyre)

-Suburbanisation
    -Counter-Urbanisation

World Cities hasn't been up since June 13, retailing has been up the last 2 years so I don't think that will come up.

Counter-urbanisation hasn't come up since Jan 12 (as is the issues of planning + management of urbanisation) and Suburbanisation hasn't shown itself at all.

Tectonics 40 mark is likely to be based on the Tectonic Plate Theory or Seismic Hazards, from what I've read.
    What are you thinking for the ecosystem 40 maker?? And are you revising fragile environments (because that showed up in the 40 marker last year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naveena_varma)
    so MEDC vs. LEDC?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pterofyre)

-Suburbanisation
    -Counter-Urbanisation

Do you think re-urbanisation will come up because that hasn't before?

ReputationRep:
    Hi can anyone give me a model answer of proccesses of urbanisations eg urbanisation, suburbanisation, decentralisation, gentrifications and any others? 10marks model answer of each term please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catronator)
    Do you think re-urbanisation will come up because that hasn't before?
    Gentrification is a part of the re-urbanisation process so, if it does come up, it might be based on the regeneration schemes, so Enterprise Zones, Urban Development Corporations etc (page146 in the John Smith / Roger Knill book)

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait for this exam to be done, the volume of case study information is just ridiculous. I'll be able to breathe once it's over

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annabelflynn)
    What are you thinking for the ecosystem 40 maker?? And are you revising fragile environments (because that showed up in the 40 marker last year)
    My ecosystem 40 marker prediction would be conservation vs exploitation in a fragile environment such as the Amazon rainforest. Therefore this would include things like mining (exploitation) vs ecotourism (conservation) and how successful they are

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottesey)
    Hey I'm doing these exact same topics. I'm finding weather really hard and the 40 markers are horrible.
    Do you have any predictions ?
    I'm praying climate change doesn't come up or else I'll be screwed
    I think
    Plate tectonics 40 marker will be plate tectonic theory/seismic events but I doubt I'd do a plate tectonics 40 marker
    Weather and climate 40 marker - I think tropical climate or something to do with british isles
    World cities I have no idea really people are saying a lot of different things but I definitely think one or the urbanisations stuff will come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    I can't wait for this exam to be done, the volume of case study information is just ridiculous. I'll be able to breathe once it's over

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel the same, my other subjects have been completely neglected for ages because of this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    My ecosystem 40 marker prediction would be conservation vs exploitation in a fragile environment such as the Amazon rainforest. Therefore this would include things like mining (exploitation) vs ecotourism (conservation) and how successful they are

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wtf for real grgdgnjgjewksdj

I thought last year it was on protecting the environment?? And in the mark scheme it talks about fragile environments, conservation etc. so surely not again this year?

ReputationRep:
    anything we can rule out for world cities, development and globalsiation and tectonics?????????

ReputationRep:
    I'm dying man
    (Original post by catronator)
    hey naveena

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.