Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearMeRoar)
    Hey, sorry to hear that- sounds like you have a good application! Sometimes these things just happen Did you write a lot about what the work experience taught you? I found that was particularly sought after when my application was considered.
    Also, I know it sounds contradictory, but sometimes Universities don't value work experience abroad with any more weight than they would if it was regular work experience (especially if it's with a company which capitalises on 'work experience' abroad i.e GapMedics, as often they view it as people trying to buy their way into a degree course. Harsh but true, I know)

Don't lose hope- you still have Bournemouth and MMU to hear from! Good luck!
    Hello! I don't think I wrote enough about what it taught me, I just taught about what I did, which on reflection was very silly! I did rush my application abit too which may have affected it,
    I was told that too! Funnily enough my physiotherapy placement is with GapMedics, I definitely wasn't trying to buy my way in, but I can see how they may think that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasminem97)
    Hello! I don't think I wrote enough about what it taught me, I just taught about what I did, which on reflection was very silly! I did rush my application abit too which may have affected it,
    I was told that too! Funnily enough my physiotherapy placement is with GapMedics, I definitely wasn't trying to buy my way in, but I can see how they may think that!
    I guess they're just looking to see what insight it gave you, but don't be disheartened; Physio is super competitive, and even the top applicants miss out on places!

Ah right, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time nonetheless! Unfortunately there is often a stigma attached to these things :/ I went to Nepal all by myself after the earthquakes, and volunteered in hospitals, and people thought it was just so I could put it on my personal statement... :')

ReputationRep:
    Just been notified that my application at Bournemouth has been put on hold. Does this mean I may not have a good chance of an interview? Someone please help me. I had one interview on Wednesday at east Anglia and have one on the 16th for Northumbria. Still waiting on other two unis to get back to me...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been to Nottingham interview and know what advice slips are, because I don't have certificates for As results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oshoko)
    Anyone been to Nottingham interview and know what advice slips are, because I don't have certificates for As results
    When's your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msiapt)
    When's your interview?
    Monday

ReputationRep:
    Monday
    I think you need to ask your college about the slips, not sure though.

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to ask your college about the slips, not sure though.
    Aha that's too late, interview is on the Monday morning, I'll jus send my results slip from results day.

ReputationRep:
    Advice slips are the piece of paper you got from your school on results day saying what results you got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver_1_2)
    Advice slips are the piece of paper you got from your school on results day saying what results you got
    Ohh right thanks, I have that.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, just wanna ask, since you are applying for physiotherapy. which subjects did you guys do in secondary school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eman5000)
    hey guys, just wanna ask, since you are applying for physiotherapy. which subjects did you guys do in secondary school?
    Eh.. Maths, chemistry, history, German, social and vocational skills, office and information studies, computing and English.
    Although I'm not using my high school qualifications for uni

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Birmingham??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eman5000)
    Hi, for GCSE I did: English Lit, English Language, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, French, German, Geography, Drama, and an extra iGCSE Maths.

For AS: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Literature and General Studies

For A2: Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and General Studies

Hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    Hello , could anyone help me I have interviews at Northumbria Cardiff and Birmingham ? Any tips ?
    Also has anyone not heard back from Nottingham yet at all ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting to hear back from Birmingham and Nottingham, when were you offered your Birmingham interview?

ReputationRep:
    About 3 weeks ago , how do you know if you are on hold or not ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for Notts following an interview. They would probably start sending the offers soon because I'm sure it says on the selection process that they only interview on Jan and Feb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nika15)
    Hi! Does anyone know the start dates in September for MMU/Salford?
    Salford dates are the 19th of September for registration and teaching starts on the 26th. I have literally copy and pasted that from the offer email. Maybe, I will see you there.

Good luck 👍

ReputationRep:
    Apparently they are finishing every interview before they send out offers. I received an e-mail from them that they will be sending offers by april.
    I received an offer a couple of weeks ago; so keep checking that email! 👍😊

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.