Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hgalpin)
    Congratulations! What course have you applied for/where else have you applied?
    I've applied for Earth Sciences/Geology at St. Andrews, Leeds, Leicester, Oxford and Durham. I'm just waiting for offers from St Andrews and Oxford now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexspencer1010)
    It was only sent off 2 days ago :P, just want to get an idea of how long they're going to take. What course did you apply for?
    They was really quick , less than 24 hours and they sent my offer out for Psych x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How quick are Surrey, Loughborough and Bath at responding? Sending mine off tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curtis-)
    How quick are Surrey, Loughborough and Bath at responding? Sending mine off tomorrow!
    Bath are kinda slow (at least they have been for all my friends).

Loughbrough are quick but they gave my friend an interview for mechanical engineering even though he got 4A's. His other 4 Uni's just let him straight in so idk what Loughbrough are doing. He said he's not even going to the interview so all they're doing is putting people off.

Surrey idk.

As for me, god knows how the hell I'm supposed to get into Civil Engineering at a decent Uni with BCCC My predicted grades are AAA but I doubt that'll help.
    Has anyone else got into engineering at a Uni of their choice with not so good grades?

ReputationRep:
    Been invited to an applicants day at Swansea. Does anyone know what these involve?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bbashy)
    They was really quick , less than 24 hours and they sent my offer out for Psych x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice, I hope it's the same for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalie97)
    I've had offers from Lincoln, Kent and Leicester for History, but I'm still waiting on Southampton and Chichester!
    Anyone else got offers from either of them?
    Hello! I am in my third year studying at the University of Chichester so if you have any questions or thoughts then please ask away! Good luck and I hope you receive an offer soon :-)

ReputationRep:
    From what I've seen Derby are pretty fast!

ReputationRep:
    How fast is Aberdeen?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for English at Liverpool, Queen's Belfast, Edge Hill, Chester, and Stirling. Got offers back from Liverpool, Chester, and Edge Hill but still waiting on the other two. This waiting is absolute torture! Can't decide which is worse, waiting for results day or waiting for offers!

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 offers from Oxford brookes and an interview day at Leeds, waiting on Durham and Edinburgh who seem to be really taking their time and they are the ones I really want to go to so fingers crossed. I know Durham can be very slow especially since the sports science is so popular there with limited spaces

ReputationRep:
    I have all 5 offers for English from Nottingham, Reading, King's, Warwick and Birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaywardWriter)
    I have all 5 offers for English from Nottingham, Reading, King's, Warwick and Birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice! Which do you plan to firm?

ReputationRep:
    I got all 5 back!!! Firmed Uni of Birm; sooo excited I cannot deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_M_1)
    Finalising my UCAS application as I post this, I am looking to Study Criminology with the exception of Law, I have selected the following Universities:

Surrey- Criminology
    Surrey- Law and Criminology
    Sheffield- Law and Criminology

struggling to fill the last two positions, any people studying or looking to study Criminology and or Law?
    I'm doing criminology and have all my offers. How about Southampton, Kent, Chester or Liberpool?

ReputationRep:
    My application has just been sent off! Applying for English Language & Linguistics at Edinburgh, York, QMUL & Bangor. And for the Creative Studies & English Language course at Bangor too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have an offer from either University of Liverpool or University of Leicester for English? I applied about a week ago, and I'm just waiting on them, I have my other three offers. I'm pretty certain I'm not taking their offers, should I receive them (I won't get the predicted ABB) so I just want to get it over and done with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelthehuman)
    I applied for English at Liverpool, Queen's Belfast, Edge Hill, Chester, and Stirling. Got offers back from Liverpool, Chester, and Edge Hill but still waiting on the other two. This waiting is absolute torture! Can't decide which is worse, waiting for results day or waiting for offers!
    How long did it take for Liverpool to send you an offer? I'm waiting on them, and I have an offer from Chester for English too! (BBC?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hgalpin)
    I've applied to Oxford, Durham, Bath Spa, Exeter and UWE

UWE came back with an offer within 15 hours, Exeter gave me an offer about 2 weeks after i'd submitted my application and Bath Spa got back to me around the 3 and a half week mark. Obviously still waiting for Oxford/Durham.
    (my application went off on the 14th October)
    Hey, I've also applied to Exeter (medical sciences), Durham and Oxford (biomedical sciences, getting BMAT results for Ox tomorrow). Got an offer from Durham on the 20th but haven't heard from Exeter! Can I ask which course you've gone for? Good luck with all your choices!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just here to snark on the Scottish universities - namely St. Andrews and Edinburgh for taking so long ...

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.