The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

The RIBA regional award winners have been announced: https://www.architecture.com/Awards/Awards2016/RegionalAwards/RegionalAwards2016.aspx

Lots of university buildings in there :biggrin:

My favourites are definitely Alder Hey in the NW: https://www.architecture.com/Awards/Awards2016/RegionalAwards/NorthWest/AlderHeyChildrensHospital.aspx - I can't believe the transformation and the complete rethink of what a hospital should feel like. I had a stay here back in the 80s and it feels very much like the spirit of the staff and the children has been turned into an amazing building :yep:
and the CRAB Drawing Studio at AUB in the SW: https://www.architecture.com/Awards/Awards2016/RegionalAwards/SouthWest/DrawingStudio.aspx gorgeous inside and out :yes:
Thinking about applying to sheffield as a number one. Anyone else doing the same? I Heard the Union there is one of the best in the country and also the sports set up/facilities are pretty good I hear. What else have you guys heard about it?
Reply 1442
Original post by jno3
The group is called Bartlett Architecture '19

Just another reminder that those going to the Bartlett, the facebook group page is Bartlett Architecture '19. If you know anyone going this year, please let them know. Thank you! And all the best with revision and studies
Hi guys I'm planning to apply for the 2017 entry for architecture,I would just like to ask what kinds of background knowledge that you guys have prepared for your application/interview? Eg. Art history? Books? Documentaries? Are there anything good to recommend? Thank you so much!!!!!! Also good luck with your exams ❤️❤️❤️
Original post by czhang1998
Hi guys I'm planning to apply for the 2017 entry for architecture,I would just like to ask what kinds of background knowledge that you guys have prepared for your application/interview? Eg. Art history? Books? Documentaries? Are there anything good to recommend? Thank you so much!!!!!! Also good luck with your exams ❤️❤️❤️

not alot of that was asked from me, including ucl. i honestly don't even think most read my personal statement properly. As it seemed everyone who sumitted and had the grades, was offered a task and/or a submission of their portfolio online which lead to a 'real interview'. From there, you need to showcase your artwork and personality and your enthusiasm for the subject.
Original post by zzdevzz
not alot of that was asked from me, including ucl. i honestly don't even think most read my personal statement properly. As it seemed everyone who sumitted and had the grades, was offered a task and/or a submission of their portfolio online which lead to a 'real interview'. From there, you need to showcase your artwork and personality and your enthusiasm for the subject.

Right I see! So there's no written elements that need research into books etc for your UCL application just the task then? Thanx a lot!
Original post by czhang1998
Right I see! So there's no written elements that need research into books etc for your UCL application just the task then? Thanx a lot!

not personally, and not from others that i've met.
Original post by zzdevzz
not personally, and not from others that i've met.

Ok cool :smile: thank you!
How likely is it to get into UCL/Bartlett via Adjustment for Architecture? I got rejected quite a while ago at the interview stage but I'm still hoping there's still a chance since it has always been my dream uni. Is there anyone here who got in via adjustment or knows anyone that has, I know the chances are very slim but you never know what happens...
Hey guys!

I'm also thinking of applying for 2017 entry at UCL for Architecture! I'm studying art, maths, history and product design - I'm thinking of dropping product design! I also want to do an EPQ next year!

I'm going to two summer schools this summer at: Cambridge University (Architecture) and UCL (Architecture) - will these seperate my personal statement from others? Thanks :smile::smile:
Original post by TSRMatt
Hey guys!

I'm also thinking of applying for 2017 entry at UCL for Architecture! I'm studying art, maths, history and product design - I'm thinking of dropping product design! I also want to do an EPQ next year!

I'm going to two summer schools this summer at: Cambridge University (Architecture) and UCL (Architecture) - will these seperate my personal statement from others? Thanks :smile::smile:

I am also going to the Ucl summer school! Which one are you going to??
Hey guys I'm just thought it might be handing to reply to some of the messages. I applied for architecture to start in 2016 and I was fortunate to get offers including Ucl. I think going to their summer school or any summer with definitely help, I went to a Ucl summer school last year and they asked me about it lots during The interview and I think they like it as it shows passion.

Doing and EPQ or any kind of extended project is a create idea as you can talk about it in your personal statement and lots of different universities will appreciate this. And read as many architecture books as you can and put those in your PS. Because you can't study architecture at A-level the aim is to show your passion actively for this area in anyway you can and over the summer is a great time to do this.
Hope this helps x
Original post by basmaell1
How likely is it to get into UCL/Bartlett via Adjustment for Architecture? I got rejected quite a while ago at the interview stage but I'm still hoping there's still a chance since it has always been my dream uni. Is there anyone here who got in via adjustment or knows anyone that has, I know the chances are very slim but you never know what happens...

UCL haven't taken down their adjustment vacancy list from last year: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/application/adjustment

I doubt that architecture would be an option for adjustment given that adjustment is only open for 5 calendar days and there's such a weighting on portfolio work for selection.
Original post by Archi-student124
Hey guys I'm just thought it might be handing to reply to some of the messages. I applied for architecture to start in 2016 and I was fortunate to get offers including Ucl. I think going to their summer school or any summer with definitely help, I went to a Ucl summer school last year and they asked me about it lots during The interview and I think they like it as it shows passion.

Doing and EPQ or any kind of extended project is a create idea as you can talk about it in your personal statement and lots of different universities will appreciate this. And read as many architecture books as you can and put those in your PS. Because you can't study architecture at A-level the aim is to show your passion actively for this area in anyway you can and over the summer is a great time to do this.
Hope this helps x

Thank you so much for this :smile:
Original post by starsfly
I am also going to the Ucl summer school! Which one are you going to??

Mine starts on 22nd August-26th
Original post by TSRMatt
Thank you so much for this :smile:

No problems let me know if you need anything else :tongue:
Original post by TSRMatt
Mine starts on 22nd August-26th

Im doing school F
U're doing the summer skill up one?
Original post by starsfly
Im doing school F
U're doing the summer skill up one?

Mine does not have a letter? I'm just doing the residential one for Architecture
Who's put university of Sheffield as their firm? (:
I have a dilemma

Basically I took maths, chemistry, biology and Spanish at A Level, thinking I wanted to go into science at Uni. However I don't, I've always loved art and my one biggest regret is not taking it at A Level. I took it at GCSE and for and A* but stupidly I let my family persuade me not to take it. I am really interested in architecture and I'm currently in Year 12 and sitting my AS Levels. I would really like to apply to Architecture but I don't know where to start, I haven't got Art A Level. Everyone is booking uni open days and I haven't even booked one yet?? I can either retake the year or just do an art foundation year at uni?

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated☺️☺️Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending